Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

Have you guys found out what's causing the fps degradation over time issue? Seems around the 4 to 4.5 flight time fps goes into single digits.  This might cost you sales if it ain't fixed by release.

• Aerosoft
7 minutes ago, VBHB said:

Have you guys found out what's causing the fps degradation over time issue? Seems around the 4 to 4.5 flight time fps goes into single digits.  This might cost you sales if it ain't fixed by release.

No, it has to be a combination of the base sim and something local because some people see it and some people do not (I have never seen it myself for example). As we have no means of looking into the simulator this is something that Microsoft will have to solve

1 hour ago, VBHB said:

I've found on my end it to be the Pushback Toolbar Mod, I had dreadful degradation, heard that the mod causes memory leaks, removed the mod and now don't have any issues

• Like 1

I don't use that toolbar, did that ndu fix, turned off all photogammetry and local cache still having issues. Very frustrating. I wonder if someone will make a third party app that can allow developers to see what's happening in the sim.

On 6/11/2022 at 7:36 AM, nonoamg said:

hello, the project is progressing well? there is still a lot of work to do on the plane?

I think the model is largely complete the last update was.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

I know we discussed it a few times but using the most modern technology really makes a HUGE difference in MSFS. So that means using low(wish) resolution texture and adding the details with decals, in our case 2k textures and 2k decals. That gives you far superior results compared to old style high definition textures. Not only can't they do the level of detail but they are also very demanding on your resources. If we would do our A330 with 8K textures (that would get results that are comparable in most, but not all areas) we would need 12 times more graphics memory. 

Here are some decals that show the deep level of detail we can now get.

Please login to display this image.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
2 minutes ago, Pilotpro1000 said:

That looks pretty good. I also think, a bit lower resolution textures, but then adding decals, makes it way more efficient!

keep great work!😉👌

And being able to offer way more detail. We can go down to 5 point text that are readable when needed. High res textures can the same but you would need incredible high resolution, like 16K.

• Like 1

Can't wait to add this beauty to my hangar! 

So, forgive me as I'm sure this has been asked (and I did do a search in the forums), but will you guys be doing the A318 - 321 like you did in P3D? Or are you conceding those to the "other" developer? Asking because I already own the Airbus Family for P3D4+ and I am familiar with them already, besides the obvious quality and realism levels. I will totally hold off looking at the "other's" A320 if you guys will be re-visiting your excellent A318-321 family for MSFS.

Thanks for the great work! 

Robert

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Plans after the A330 are not totally fixed.

Yes, but do the plans that you do have, fixed or not, include the A318-321? Surely you must know if you guys are going to be redeveloping those for MSFS; whether it be shortly after the A330 or pushed down the road after other planned projects - Was just looking for a "yes" or "no" answer so I know where to go from here for those types. ;) 

I tend to have developer loyalty when I settle in with a good one, which is why I'd rather stay with Aerosoft for my Airbus (and CRJ) types! ;)

Thanks!

Robert

I don't think that it's profitable to invest on a318-a321 series aircrafts that's because those series has a lot of competition and now most people prefer the one made by Fenix. In my view, I suggest making the a350 or the a380 those aircrafts would be ideal as flybywire is soo late on developing progress and doesn't show any new images since the last christmas around 6 months and the a350 is more delayed a company called digital4sim is holding this project and doesn't show any kind of progress and I think even after ending the project which I think after a long time, it will not be as quality as needed by simmers. Hence, I see the a350 or the a380 would be nice if it's done by a company as Aerosoft which taking the performance on their point and a good quality produced as well. 

• Like 2

I´m still silently rooting for the A340-600 although I know the plane is dissappearing from the skies. But I´m sure there would be a market in the flightsim community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
23 hours ago, ahmed2003 said:

and now most people prefer the one made by Fenix

Mmmm, Fenix is not very high on my list of competitors in a commercial sense to be honest. First of all the project is 'landlocked' because the dev team does not control the core code, but mainly because it is not available on the Marketplace. That puts you out of reach for the majority of customers and will never work on MSFS Xbox and MSFS Cloud. 

For the smallish group of high-end simmers that is of course not an issue, these are all on PC, for a publisher that needs to sell many tens of thousands of copies it is deadly. 

• Thanks 5

22 hours ago, A320pilot23 said:

I´m still silently rooting for the A340-600 although I know the plane is dissappearing from the skies. But I´m sure there would be a market in the flightsim community.

There is one in development.

Check through FS Elite to find the article. I'm not sure how detailed its going to be but i remember them saying Q4.

I still think A321 Neo is the next AS project but i still vote for A350.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry, I simply do not have a yes or no. 

Fair enough... I'll just sit tight then and see what evolves from you guys.

Thanks! 

Robert

• Aerosoft
30 minutes ago, devereiii said:

I'll just sit tight then and see what evolves from you guys.

As weird as is sounds, so do I.

There are a lot of things in play. From things I would like to do (PBY Catalina) via things that are commercially 'safe' (from example a high range A321, aircraft that sell very well) to projects for the professional market. 

• Like 5

On 6/25/2022 at 11:31 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Mmmm, Fenix is not very high on my list of competitors in a commercial sense to be honest. First of all the project is 'landlocked' because the dev team does not control the core code, but mainly because it is not available on the Marketplace. That puts you out of reach for the majority of customers and will never work on MSFS Xbox and MSFS Cloud. 

For the smallish group of high-end simmers that is of course not an issue, these are all on PC, for a publisher that needs to sell many tens of thousands of copies it is deadly. 

shots fired 👀

On 6/25/2022 at 12:12 PM, JasonmCork said:

There is one in development.

Check through FS Elite to find the article. I'm not sure how detailed its going to be but i remember them saying Q4.

I still think A321 Neo is the next AS project but i still vote for A350.

Mathijs already confirm the A320 series is 2 bundle A320-A321 and A318-319 is CEO variant