Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft
8 minutes ago, JackBeloff said:

Wanted to ask how is A330 performance looking in MSFS? Or you haven’t gotten to that point in development cycle to check that yet?

Early days.  But I have absolutely no worries about that. Our modeling is state of the art (see the CRJ and the Twin Otter, both known for being high end and still easy on frames) and the systems are all done in C++ and not Java/HMTL. 

We have learned a lot in the last few months about how the graphics engine of the sim works. And it is bloody amazing. We have compiled scenery models over over 1.2 million (!) polygons and the sim has no problems (see the North Sea project). Now this is NOT the same for aircraft where things are close and are handled different. But as long as things are done correctly we have not seen any limits in the sim that worry us.

Keep in mind we are one of the very few companies that sell tools. scenery and aircraft. We do not allow an aircraft to eat all the resources. See our Brussels. Super complex and still easy on frames because our aircraft need to work on it!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
10 hours ago, Aerofly Clips said:

Will the Ram Air Turbine work? And is it possible to open the doors?

Doors yes, RAT, no, that is really part of non standard procedures and we do not model those to keep the price of the reasonable.

Btw, I could only find one occasion where the RAT of an A330 was extended. So realistically this is something a pilot can expect every 500.000 hours. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Hello all! I have a question about the a330 project: will the aircraft come with custom ground services such as GPU, AC units, Cargo loaders, catering trucks, or even stairs that will be able to connect and interact with the back of the airplane (L4 and R4 doors). Thanks. 

This is my most wanted Aircraft. I loved flying the -300 back in P3D and you guys nailed the sweet spot between sim and fun. If you just copy and paste the aircraft from P3D I'd be very happy with that!  I very much miss my long hauling, I can't wait to start doing Australia to Asia flights again!

• Like 3

On 5/1/2022 at 8:49 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Doors yes, RAT, no, that is really part of non standard procedures and we do not model those to keep the price of the reasonable.

Btw, I could only find one occasion where the RAT of an A330 was extended. So realistically this is something a pilot can expect every 500.000 hours. 

Quite a noisy piece of equipment! We hear aircraft being tested from Lufthansa Technik in Shannon all the time and sometimes the RAT is tested. very loud!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VBHB said:

This is my most wanted Aircraft. I loved flying the -300 back in P3D and you guys nailed the sweet spot between sim and fun. If you just copy and paste the aircraft from P3D I'd be very happy with that!  I very much miss my long hauling, I can't wait to start doing Australia to Asia flights again!

Same here. I am holding off playing MSFS until this aircraft is released. Cannot wait to mimic real world Aer Lingus schedules. Namely, Ireland to USA

13 minutes ago, P McF said:

Same here. I am holding off playing MSFS until this aircraft is released. Cannot wait to mimic real world Aer Lingus schedules. Namely, Ireland to USA

Lets hope someone makes the green texture rather the aful white one!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, P McF said:

Mate the FBW A2N is pretty close to this its pretty fun give that a go.

• Upvote 2

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

For sure. Development is going pretty smooth.

Amazing to hear! Keep up the great work!

Sorry, I just started following the thread. There are a lot of messages, I may have overlooked. Are you going to add 2D panels too? Just like in the FSX series. I hope you do. It is a privilege that I like very much in your products.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Sadece Gerçekler said:

Sorry, I just started following the thread. There are a lot of messages, I may have overlooked. Are you going to add 2D panels too? Just like in the FSX series. I hope you do. It is a privilege that I like very much in your products.

You mean undockable displays? Yes, if you mean full 2d cockpits, no, we stopped doing those 9 years ago.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You mean undockable displays? Yes, if you mean full 2d cockpits, no, we stopped doing those 9 years ago.

:) Sorry again. After taking a break from the simulator for a while, everything got a little confused. I just found my original forum username, the other one I reopened because I couldn't find this. Aerosoft A32X 2D panels like the Glareshield Main Panel and MCDU etc. in FSX I'm talking about. It is very useful for those with eye problems and also a little bit old simmers like me. 

Thank you for your inform.

Regards,

• Deputy Sheriffs

As Mathijs said, there will definitely not be a 2D Cockpit. You can only undock certain displays.

• Like 1