Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

I just have a simple thought. Why start new project, when old (CRJ) is in need of fixing? So Twin Otter is out, why not put devs at working on CRJ for let’s say 2 months and making it great, instead of chasing new project? For starters You could add to free downloads what @Mugz created.

20 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes.  Should have some tomorrow.

Great news Mathijs, with regards to the development of the A330, can you forsee much of a challenge in terms of dev for this?

or do you think with the knowledge of releasing the CRJ family / twotter, and the SDK seems to be maturing, that this could actually become less of a problem moving onwards, or is it still much of a forever changing events still?

kind regards

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, SpeedbirdSimulation said:

Great news Mathijs, with regards to the development of the A330, can you forsee much of a challenge in terms of dev for this?

or do you think with the knowledge of releasing the CRJ family / twotter, and the SDK seems to be maturing, that this could actually become less of a problem moving onwards, or is it still much of a forever changing events still?

Hard to say exactly. There are some serious issues we still do not have solutions for. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Hard to say exactly. There are some serious issues we still do not have solutions for. 

Although I doubt I'll get an answer, I'm interested to know what the issues are, I only say this because the NG3 is in BETA and RSR has replied to someone saying "There are a few things- but none that we think will severely impact users- and none that Asobo can't help us to resolve once they get some dev time for it."   in regards to any lacking functionality of the NG3 compared to the NGXu, I know there's still no Wx and Tx API (although PMDG have created their own Tx radar) but what else is a serious issue?

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

Although I doubt I'll get an answer

Well, any comment from RSR is worth reading of course and just as Robert we are talking a lot to Microsoft. We are also talking to Robert, after all he is as friend and we published a lof of his products.

But the A330 has some rather specific things that cause me to loose sleep. For example we still do not how to make the undercarriage of the A330 work. For P3D that animation took five full weeks of experiments. That double bogey system was a major pain in the neck and at this moment we simply do not know how to do it in MSFS, most likely we simply have to experiment again until it works. Anytime you do something new, on a 'new' platform things are complex.

In the end we will try to get the best possible product out. We simply can't promise it has the same feature set as in P3D. But that is why P3D still has a a lot of fans! 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well, any comment from RSR is worth reading of course and just as Robert we are talking a lot to Microsoft. We are also talking to Robert, after all he is as friend and we published a lof of his products.

But the A330 has some rather specific things that cause me to loose sleep. For example we still do not how to make the undercarriage of the A330 work. For P3D that animation took five full weeks of experiments. That double bogey system was a major pain in the neck and at this moment we simply do not know how to do it in MSFS, most likely we simply have to experiment again until it works. Anytime you do something new, on a 'new' platform things are complex.

In the end we will try to get the best possible product out. We simply can't promise it has the same feature set as in P3D. But that is why P3D still has a a lot of fans! 

Thanks for the answer

• Aerosoft
Just now, Til1986 said:

Are you guys already also working on the systems or just the model? BTW the previews look great!

There are three people on the modeling. three on the systems (but they are doing a full new 'airbus basic' system so not only A330), one person on the flight model, one technical project manager who is researching the systems so he can assist the coders, one tester.

And me. But nobody cares about me. In this stage of a project my only role is to make sure the team has all the resources they need and to make sure it is all aligned.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

Am 27.2.2022 um 19:43 schrieb Mathijs Kok:

I am sorry, I do not understand that question. 

I think he wants to know whether you having done an A330 on a different platform before will speed up development in MSFS or if it is (timewise) pretty much comparable to starting development from scratch.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 1:36 PM, Til1986 said:

Is development going fast since you already developed the 330 before or does the new plattform minimize this advantage?

I think the speed of the A330 development is more weighted on the CRJ for MSFS rather the A330 for P3D.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, JasonmCork said:

I think the speed of the A330 development is more weighted on the CRJ for MSFS rather the A330 for P3D.

No, that would be incorrect. Very different aircraft. 

MSFS compared to P3D (and to X-Plane to some degree) is a bit more time consuming in coding , but with improvements of the SDK will get better, Microsoft is very responsive to our suggestions in this.  In modeling it is more or less the same if you want to end up at the same product. But as standards are higher in the new sim, it simply means more polygons and textures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Let's get the A330 done first!

Can you pretty please make sure the coding with speed issues are correct before release? Reluctant to buy if we see the same speed issues uncorrected in p3d and still not fixed. 

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
24 minutes ago, samuel sadulu said:

Hi Mathijs,

I was wondering if the the Airbusses will also be available on the Xbox version.

Best wishes

That is very much the plan.  All our products are designed to work 100% to the SDK (with the expectation of our VDGS module, but that will work with Marketplace versions!) so they should all work on Xbox.

Also on the MSFS Cloud version btw, by far the most interesting version of the sim at this moment. I have been running the sim on 10 year old laptops and it just bloody works. Amazing technology.

• Aerosoft

This is very much work in progress, but here are some images of the EFB. We decided NOT to do this one in C++ but in Javascript. This means it is not as efficient in framerate and memory use, but will avoid some of the limitations of the WASM gateway. So it will be able to access files (charts) on the internet etc. It will also have calculations, weight/balance things etc.

How things look can still change...

Please login to display this image.

• Like 10