Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

59 minutes ago, riskas123 said:

Hahaha, good to see like... A lot of people from the CRJ forum in here. I counted 8 of us that I recognize from the CRJ forum in here, and that's only 1 page!

I'm sure they'll be even more of us when we get closer ;) 

50 minutes ago, silv3rsurf3r said:

God pls the a330, the a320 is in good hands already :D

Yes the A320 from fbw is good but I'm missing the A318, A319 and A321 and the ceo version of the A320, so can't wait for them all :) 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

Yes the A320 from fbw is good but I'm missing the A318, A319 and A321 and the ceo version of the A320, so can't wait for them all :) 

I'm with you, in that I'll be happy with whichever is first, but if given the chance, I'd second what @silv3rsurf3r said, because I really would love a long-haul A/C in this simulator that's worth a $hit.  The CRJ for short hauls, and the A330 for long make a really nice collection.  The others can come later for me...but again...I'm happy either way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DFWSupertrooper said:

really would love a long-haul A/C in this simulator that's worth a $hit.  The CRJ for short hauls, and the A330 for long make a really nice collection.  The others can come later for me...but again...I'm happy either way.

Yeah I agree, I am using the PMP 330 as a stop-gap but we deffo need long hauls in the sim, all 3 packages will be in my hanger day 1

• Like 2

The A330 can be versatile. Although not necessarily realistic, for Europe at least, it can easily serve routes between hubs (Intl airports) in short-haul and medium-haul and also give a great Atlantic crosser. It's also an undeniably pretty aircraft. I've said it before, but I really do think the best plane to land first is the A330. I hope Aerosoft have the same vision. If not, I trust that they can bring something unique to its smaller siblings, to have a reasonable interest to look beyond the FBW efforts. 

• Upvote 3

After looking at some vids of the CRJ (looking forward to get my hands on it soon) I am really looking forward to your airbusses. Will you reveal which one will be released first after you released the CRJ 900/1000 and Twin Otter?

I have some doubts about the project:

1. Will missed approach procedures be included? They're pretty common in bad weather or strong winds.

2. Will rejected take-off procedures be simulated? (Again, they're common).

3. Won't situations like engine failure, engine fire, electrical failure and oil system failure be simulated since they're not that common?

4. Could brakes overheat and will breaks fan be simulated?

Thanks!

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, jaimilonchus said:

I have some doubts about the project:

1. Will missed approach procedures be included? They're pretty common in bad weather or strong winds.

2. Will rejected take-off procedures be simulated? (Again, they're common).

3. Won't situations like engine failure, engine fire, electrical failure and oil system failure be simulated since they're not that common?

4. Could brakes overheat and will breaks fan be simulated?

Thanks!

1,2 and 4 we have already in the P3D version.

3 will most likely not be modeled.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, masterhawk said:

1,2 and 4 we have already in the P3D version.

3 will most likely not be modeled.

Alright. Thank you very much! Let's hope things run smoothly and we can fly the airbusses soon!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, marshie2 said:

Soooo, we got a nearly ready airbus yet?

Aerosoft are hoping for the end of 2021 for the first Airbus (was mentioned in the CRJ thread a few days ago)

I hope we get the A321 NEO LR. It's such a versatile plane.

You can fly short/medium hauls especially when there are many passengers. But you can also easily cross the atlantic.

This plane operates often on long routes in the US (Westcoast to Eastcoast) and also between Europe and the US.

It's the successor of the 757 and many airlines plan to buy it or already have it because it's so versatile.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, cratabo said:

I hope we get the A321 NEO LR. It's such a versatile plane.

You can fly short/medium hauls especially when there are many passengers. But you can also easily cross the atlantic.

This plane operates often on long routes in the US (Westcoast to Eastcoast) and also between Europe and the US.

It's the successor of the 757 and many airlines plan to buy it or already have it because it's so versatile.

I concur.  American uses them almost exclusively for their Hawaii routes as they no longer operate the A330.  Well, at least the A321, as I'm not sure how many A21N's they have in their fleet.

Okay, so everyone including myself is busy learning and flying the CRJs now, but what type Airbus will be highlighted in the next round of development pics?  I vote for the A321. :D

On 18.3.2021 at 22:59, EasternT3 sagte:

Aerosoft are hoping for the end of 2021 for the first Airbus (was mentioned in the CRJ thread a few days ago)

Can you please send me a link to the post? I searched for it but couldn't find it anywhere...

4 hours ago, Til1986 said:

Can you please send me a link to the post? I searched for it but couldn't find it anywhere...

Last post on page 193, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen another post somewhere else as well

• Thanks 1

My personal view on Airbuses would be that the A330 offers a broader range of options, so long as the freight versions are covered. A320 series are broadly similar from a piloting perspective and it would be nice to have something a little different (especially as the 320NEO is one of the default aircraft in the Sim.) The 330 could also be offered in the MRTT role (possibly as an optional addon) which may appeal to military pilots. Just my thoughts. 

• Like 1