Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

19 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Please login to display this image.

Just wondering. Will we be seeing any early beta flights by your testers ahead of time? I forgot the name of the American man who always did those but they make the waiting easier.

Yes, this might have been aswered a thousand times but still asking ;). Will this EFB have automatic tuning for the TM Airbus controllers?

Thanks,
Marcus

Hi Mathijs, big fan of the project!

Quick question regarding YourControls, are any files shared with them so they potentially can deliver shared cockpit early after release? 

Keep up the good work!

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, marcus_sweden said:

Just wondering. Will we be seeing any early beta flights by your testers ahead of time? I forgot the name of the American man who always did those but they make the waiting easier.

Yes, this might have been aswered a thousand times but still asking ;). Will this EFB have automatic tuning for the TM Airbus controllers?

Yes, we will send out late beta copies to 'influencers' on YouTube.

There is no 'automatic' calibration as all controllers send out slightly different values.  But you can set the detents using the EFB to make it all work perfectly. 

Please login to display this image.

I will see if we can get a video of that done soon. Those parts are complete after all.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, matsbrende said:

Hi Mathijs, big fan of the project!

Quick question regarding YourControls, are any files shared with them so they potentially can deliver shared cockpit early after release? 

I'll have a talk with them this week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

There is no 'automatic' calibration as all controllers send out slightly different values.  But you can set the detents using the EFB to make it all work perfectly. 

I will see if we can get a video of that done soon. Those parts are complete after all.

The one in the 310 works great. Hopefully it will be similar :). I just love those TM controls. With p3d I never had anything special but now it will be even more fun to fly this.

11 hours ago, VBHB said:

If the plane is the same as P3D that's 100% fine. If you add some nicer bits even better.

Yes. The finest plane imho. Even better than PMDG (I know that is like swearing in Church for some but I thought so).

Funny that my first experience with AS was less good since I bought the 320.s from Steam, that was my mistake. I had so many issues but once I got them

from here they worked very well.

MSFS as a whole is so much better on all fronts so I really can't wait to fly this. Medium haul ;). Pity one can't "recycle" old p3d stuff, I have so many nice AS Airports I bought but will never use again.

• Upvote 1

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Next....  

No let me stop here. Let me not spend another minute on replying.  You do not like our products, never did and believe me you never will.

Let's tidy up some things...

I've never stated anywhere that I (and maybe a lot of other users) need everything simulated 100% of the aircraft for completing a 'normal' flight from A to B. If you understand it this way, sorry. It's sometimes already challenging completing all standard procedures during manual flight on a visual approach while communicating with an ATC, so putting failures on top will only make even more mess. (Just think about older planes where you have to look up everything in huge books) That's a workload which is very hard to achieve as a single pilot flying. Of course it can be funny to try an engine failure after V1 but I personally don't need an IDG1 fault or whatever. Failures are turned off at my PMDG planes, Fenix too. And that's okay for me! The thing I don't like is your approach towards this stuff.

I experienced something similar with iniBuilds as I showed them that the flaps on their A310 are completely wrong modeled and animated. I provide 3-4 real world-sim comparisons which are very very clear but it's the same attitude. They are right and I'm wrong. Even if its clear that the real flaps are completely different. But no. Always "wrong POV". Ridiculous.

It's absolutely okay to say "No, we don't want to include that". But it's not okay for me to 'teach' all the potential users by always saying "No, you don't need this". That's a big amount of paternalism and of course this will set up people. Just say "Not planned, sorry". Fullstop. But trying to discuss if it needed or not will end in a mess.

And yes, I will of course buy the A330, if you like this to hear or not. lol. I already have your CRJ in my hangar and surprise, I really enjoy flying this little thing. We need a proper long haul jet until PMDG arrives with their 777. The A330 is a beautiful aircraft, also nice to fly in real life and I'm excited to give it a go in MSFS, even without failures. And that's fine for me.

But please make the MCDUs working independently. It's a nice feature to view different informations (LEGS/PROG/PERF or whatever) at the same time instead always changing through the pages at one unit, also nice for beginners. ;)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

• Aerosoft

I am not sure what you mean with 'ladders toilet cleaners', but in these aspects, we try to do as little as e can ourselves and depend on the sim and other DLC to provide the options. Only that way can we be compatible with the rest of the DLC environment and can stay compatible with PC, Xbox, and Cloud. 

Our idea is never to make our aircraft the things that the rest of the sim and DLC has to be compatible with. We much rather are compatible with what our friends do. And to be honest, if that means an issue with sewage cleaning services, so be it. I have NEVER heard any pilot being worried about that and that is what our product is about, not dumping pee and poop, but about flying the aircraft. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

10 hours ago, Himbi said:

Let's tidy up some things...

I've never stated anywhere that I (and maybe a lot of other users) need everything simulated 100% of the aircraft for completing a 'normal' flight from A to B. If you understand it this way, sorry. It's sometimes already challenging completing all standard procedures during manual flight on a visual approach while communicating with an ATC, so putting failures on top will only make even more mess. (Just think about older planes where you have to look up everything in huge books) That's a workload which is very hard to achieve as a single pilot flying. Of course it can be funny to try an engine failure after V1 but I personally don't need an IDG1 fault or whatever. Failures are turned off at my PMDG planes, Fenix too. And that's okay for me! The thing I don't like is your approach towards this stuff.

I experienced something similar with iniBuilds as I showed them that the flaps on their A310 are completely wrong modeled and animated. I provide 3-4 real world-sim comparisons which are very very clear but it's the same attitude. They are right and I'm wrong. Even if its clear that the real flaps are completely different. But no. Always "wrong POV". Ridiculous.

It's absolutely okay to say "No, we don't want to include that". But it's not okay for me to 'teach' all the potential users by always saying "No, you don't need this". That's a big amount of paternalism and of course this will set up people. Just say "Not planned, sorry". Fullstop. But trying to discuss if it needed or not will end in a mess.

And yes, I will of course buy the A330, if you like this to hear or not. lol. I already have your CRJ in my hangar and surprise, I really enjoy flying this little thing. We need a proper long haul jet until PMDG arrives with their 777. The A330 is a beautiful aircraft, also nice to fly in real life and I'm excited to give it a go in MSFS, even without failures. And that's fine for me.

But please make the MCDUs working independently. It's a nice feature to view different informations (LEGS/PROG/PERF or whatever) at the same time instead always changing through the pages at one unit, also nice for beginners. ;)

One thing I fully agree is that independent mcdu is really really useful in flight and can dramatically improve users immersion!!  

• Upvote 10

17 hours ago, marcus_sweden said:

Yes. The finest plane imho. Even better than PMDG (I know that is like swearing in Church for some but I thought so).

Funny that my first experience with AS was less good since I bought the 320.s from Steam, that was my mistake. I had so many issues but once I got them

from here they worked very well.

MSFS as a whole is so much better on all fronts so I really can't wait to fly this. Medium haul ;). Pity one can't "recycle" old p3d stuff, I have so many nice AS Airports I bought but will never use again.

I flew the A330 more than the PMDG 773 totally agree!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, marcus_sweden said:

Will this Plane have custom "equipment" like the 737 has? I mean ladders toilet cleaners etc? If so I hope they are more moddable. I don't mind Aerosoft logo but it wouldn't be realistic :).

ay caramba 

17 hours ago, Himbi said:

(...)

Pretty sure they have said the MCDUs will work independently in this thread? The CDUs in the CRJ work indepentently.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 9:01 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I will check on that,. but to be brutally honest, I do not consider that very important. If you fly the aircraft from both seats at the same time there are a lot of other things I believe are more important. As we always said, the product is intended to be used from the left seat. Are you really sure a setting on the RIGHT MCDU (the one of the FO) will change the setting of the left MCDU (the Captains MCDU) without him selecting it? That sounds very strange.

Both MCDU's are independent as they are intended to be. 

Found it :) 

• Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
8 hours ago, Øystein Rønning said:

Pretty sure they have said the MCDUs will work independently in this thread? The CDUs in the CRJ work indepentently.

In fact, all three are independent. Though it is very bad form on a flight deck to mess with your colleagues MCDU!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
50 minutes ago, Krake802 said:

How much percentage (%) would you say the product is now? 

Software development is NOT a linear process and you never know where you are %-wise until you're done. That's why the common answer to this kind of question is 42.