Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

I support the question. the following options are the most convenient for me:

- I can set the ZFW/Fuel ( with CG or without)

- I can set total payload in % ( or total TOW)

- I can set random payload

I note that these are my personal preferences and do not pretend to be a general opinion. 

And one more question - Mathijs, do you have any plans about recommended profiles for PFPX or Simbrief?

On 1/5/2023 at 5:59 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

In principle we only cover SOP on an aircraft with as modern systems as possible (so no outdated systems), nothing that is not 'standard' There are some gray area and there is overlap with professional projects that require far more system depth, but we have been doing this for the last 10 years and feel very happy in this regime and in the price range we are in. Other companies do things different, that is the beauty of having a choice.  Many people like it, some do not and they should not buy the product.  Never understood why somebody would post in a preview topic that you do not like the product they have not yet seen, lol. 

I make those decisions based on my experience with customers and in a discussion with people who advise me. Many of those professional pilots. There might be some give and take but in the last 5 years there has been very little change in what we do. Biggest changes have always been making the system up to date. I always use this analogy, there are a lot of systems and MCDU pages that will only popup when two engines fail in flight. Believe me, very complex to program, after all this is not a 737 where systems are far less integrated.  And these is only one documented incident when those system acted, that was the Hudson landing. In around 20.00.000 hours of total flight hours for the A320 series.  So if somebody simulates all of that (correctly) it would simulate an event that happens once every 20 million hours.  Most flights are aborted because of passenger problems and an amazing amount are cut short because of odors on the flight deck. I would like to simulate those things as they are what pilots encounter. The last 330 flight I was on was aborted when there was only one working toilet left and we had another 4 hours to go. I was seated close to the remaining toilet and appreciated that decision.  

All discussions on pricing are rather without reason as even I do not know what we will ask. 

It's all good to simulate only standard procedures... but then those need to work! That was hardly the case on the CRJ. Color me suspicious of the A330.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
4 minutes ago, eag_a said:

It's all good to simulate only standard procedures... but then those need to work! That was hardly the case on the CRJ. Color me suspicious of the A330.

Well I got a real pilot who simply disagrees with you.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Too much complaining going on here lately, Very negative. AS's products are never stated as "Study Level" yet deliver a fantastic level of simulation. Plus the price is always very favourable. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, JasonmCork said:

Too much complaining going on here lately, Very negative. AS's products are never stated as "Study Level" yet deliver a fantastic level of simulation. Plus the price is always very favourable. 

Don't worry, in the end is sales that count, lol.  I just never understood why people would come to a preview topic about something they have not seen and start to complain.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Of course!

Please login to display this image.

These liveries so far are looking amazing! Do you have a confirmed amount of liveries that will be with release, or are you just going along with the wind at this point?

16 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Of course!

thank you for it's beautiful photo I love this company it's really too beautiful it's really perfection the details under the engine it's crazy I can't wait to land with Narita

19 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Of course!

Mathijs, you diabolical...

(Simpsons reference, don't hate me)

35 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Ovviamente!

magnificent, even if the wait is getting rather long, the aerosoft team still amazes us. and here I have a question but will these liveries be included in the basic package for xbox too?

• Aerosoft
48 minutes ago, TomReborn said:

These liveries so far are looking amazing! Do you have a confirmed amount of liveries that will be with release, or are you just going along with the wind at this point?

Fixed amount and the the modelers will move on to the paint kit. That's also a nice week of work

• Aerosoft
14 minutes ago, Leonardo Meschini said:

magnificent, even if the wait is getting rather long, the aerosoft team still amazes us. and here I have a question but will these liveries be included in the basic package for xbox too?

Yes. In principle the product has to be the same for Xbox/Cloud and PC. We see that as one platform.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
10 minutes ago, Himbi said:

Looks really promising!
Will Marketplace customers have access to the exterior model for painting or is it again encrypted like the CRJ models?

That depends on Microsoft, so I assume it will be protected. However keep in mind that the Marketplace has unfortunately serious delays in releasing. We are waiting three months on our North Sea and other products to become available.