Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

6 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, but seriously there is a lot of difference between what we do and what they do. I said it before, and I will say it again: I have the utmost respect for the teams that work on these freeware projects, but we do look at all those developments and know where we can do better. Basically, I have never been very afraid of any competing project.  Certainly, with MSFS, your sales channels are what basically determine the investment you can make. If you can't sell (or just distribute) on the Marketplace, you do not have access to most customers. 

Also, remember that MSFS is not our only 'export' from our work. We have delivered products to many people and companies, from the US Navy to movie studios. We also do professional projects where we use our code and our models. 

Sorry, just tried to correct a man that stated that FBW is making one but in fact they aren't

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luca_ 04 said:

A340-600 would be amazing

we already have toliss, no ones ever made a decent a340-300 for any sim

• Upvote 2

I belive..

Aerosoft seems to use A330ceo for the marketing for this plane now. 

Meaning the A330neo will be announced next week ;)

Just my thoughts.

Right Mathijs :) 

Stian

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, LN-OSS said:

I belive..

Aerosoft seems to use A330ceo for the marketing for this plane now. 

Meaning the A330neo will be announced next week ;)

Just my thoughts.

Right Mathijs :) 

Stian

i dont think theres that much difference between an a330ceo and a330neo to justify 60 more dollars, few differences i can think of the top of my head is the airport navigation map, and the new engines

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yichi Zhang said:

Nobody ever thought that the next one would be A330-200 ?

if anything that would be a 10 dollar expansion 

350 would be great but I guess the only way to get that is for Airbus to come up with something newer so they can relax their rules a bit :)

Most realistic is probably a new engine type for 330. I for one will be glad to get the first one at least :).

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, marcus_sweden said:

350 would be great but I guess the only way to get that is for Airbus to come up with something newer so they can relax their rules a bit :)

What are their restricted rules with the a350 from Airbus? 

• Upvote 1

Gerade eben schrieb ahmed2003:

What are their restricted rules with the a350 from Airbus? 

I think that for planes of the current generation the fear of corporate espionage is very high, so access to schematics, technologies and datasets are heavily restricted. Once a plane leaves production and/or a successor is being marketed that no longer matters that much, so the information is more easily available. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AirbusA380-800 said:

I think that for planes of the current generation the fear of corporate espionage is very high, so access to schematics, technologies and datasets are heavily restricted. Once a plane leaves production and/or a successor is being marketed that no longer matters that much, so the information is more easily available. 

Ah perhaps it is the case but, how the a350 is available on X-plane ?

• Upvote 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb ahmed2003:

Ah perhaps it is the case but, how the a350 is available on X-plane ?

Well, (with all due respect to the developer) the FlightFactor A350 is not what I would call an accurate depiction of the plane. I think Aerosoft mentioned a while back that before the start of any project they want to reach a critical mass of documentation for the plane they are developing. They also mentioned this is more difficult to achieve for current generations of planes. 

• Like 3

There is a freeware version coming out at some point, I doubt it will be up to this level but I am fine with that since it is freeware. Hopefully they jack into the FBW systems then it will at least

be a good entry level attempt.

• Upvote 1