Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

31 minutes ago, Zocopeta said:

This new announcement is great but in MSFS there isn't any a350 or a340, i know a350 is being developed but is minimum 2years until release and aerosoft could have gained a great territory with the a340 or a350. Thanks for your products

Because no data is available for these aircrafts especially the a350 hence, I see it's really a wise decision from Aerosoft to make the a330neo version. If you think about it, Would you do the a320neo or any aircraft belongs to a320 family? surely not because lots of these aircrafts had been made why do you want to make something that is already available and most people had flown them hundreds and thousands of times. In order to, sell your aircraft it should be something new or special like when you compare Fenix to Flybywire. The a330neo only has a one competitor which is the Headwind, and no guarantees that Headwind will do an amazing a330neo as expected by the simmers so why not for Aerosoft to compete Headwind on delivering better and more realistic a330neo? I don't why a bunch of people are against this project as it seems very promising and I'm very excited to it. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Flying_Timm said:

Probably no data for it 😁

I’m sure there is plenty of data for it considering it’s a 25 year old plane. I would be very surprised if there isn’t enough.

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, Tobias Nome said:

A certain few in this forum should find themselves a new hobby. Never have I ever seen more entitled and self-important customers

I was just stating an opinion that finishing the other engine variants would have been much more preferable. I get that maybe the Neo is a more wise marketing decision in terms of profit, but that doesn’t mean I or anybody here have to agree with or like it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Svend Loggerhead said:

I was just stating an opinion that finishing the other engine variants would have been much more preferable. I get that maybe the Neo is a more wise marketing decision in terms of profit, but that doesn’t mean I or anybody here have to agree with or like it. 

I wasnt specifically calling you out, as much as I was talking about the general demeanour towards Aerosoft announcing a new product. Seems some here feel they are entitled to whatever product they’ve made up in their head. 

And lets not act surprised. When they rebranded the A330 as a ‘CEO’ last week, it was more or less given away, in my opinion.

Still, I would also prefer more CEO variants ahead of the NEO, but I’m sure they’ll come at some point. I dont mind a NEO.

• Upvote 11

On 6/4/2023 at 8:38 AM, BaxterChico said:

A330 CEO Air Canada-Vancouver

looks amazing! could i maybe request some pics of the 330 in turkish airlines at LTFM

MOD EDIT: Image deleted to conserve space and speed scrolling.

• Upvote 2

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Tobias Nome:

A certain few in this forum should find themselves a new hobby. Never have I ever seen more entitled and self-important customers

I wish you all the best while searching your new hobby - what a shame for this post- really. You don’t understand why some „costumers“ are reacting like they do 🤦‍♂️

If you understand humans , then you will know that everybody habe their own opinion - why not.

and now give me the dislikes 🤣

I forgot something - it’s about understatement for costumers. I think this is a big point here. 
We all love flightsimulation and we all want that juicy Airbus from Aerosoft.

I know Aerosoft since over 20 years and most of the products are wonderful. I spend so much money in their products and I have been 98 % satisfied with their products.

What surprises me is how people and also costumers here react and deal with criticism. Some of these post are getting deleted and punished. 
Sometimes there is a lack of empathy.

Okay, some posts are really silly and dumb. 
For me Aerosoft does great work but the ways sometime they go here in this forum I don’t and can’t understand. I will buy the Airbus - pay the money for the bus and will habe fun with it. 
Lets see how good the Airbus will be- also the NEO . 

• Upvote 9

10 minutes ago, Tobias Nome said:

I wasnt specifically calling you out, as much as I was talking about the general demeanour towards Aerosoft announcing a new product. Seems some here feel they are entitled to whatever product they’ve made up in their head. 

And lets not act surprised. When they rebranded the A330 as a ‘CEO’ last week, it was more or less given away, in my opinion.

Still, I would also prefer more CEO variants ahead of the NEO, but I’m sure they’ll come at some point. I dont mind a NEO.

Vast majority of the reaction was genuine critisism and expressing their opinions while tip-toeing around and making it clear that we are still appreciative of Aerosofts work, but this is not the direction we would've liked Aerosoft to go. 

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, Svend Loggerhead said:

I really care about flying (Delta, KLM) use the other engine variant.

I can, of course, just fly a fictional Delta or KLM livery for the A330, but still, actually having the other engine version is better. I’m still appreciative of Aerosoft though, and I know that they have put a lot of effort into the RR version, and I will probably be buying it either way.

On 6/4/2023 at 8:38 AM, BaxterChico said:

A330 CEO Air Canada-Vancouver

Just bragging and rubbing it in at this point 🤣🤣 jk, appreciate the pictures!

Now there’s something for everyone! Something freeware and something payware, I’m all a fan of choice! MSFS has really opened the doors like never before to the freeware developers and payware developers alike, all of which are going to be putting out great items! What a time to be a sim pilot!

• Like 1

@Mathijs Kok I know there used to be a freeware community made addon to the a330 in p3d that had the different engines types made by the public. I'm asking if it would be possible for the people in their own time to create the extra engines for the as a330ceo, and make it available for the public to download. I am aware that that project was discontinued, but i believe i still have the files for it, if anyone wanted to change them for MSFS. Im not great with developing, so I'm not sure if its even possible to do that. Would this be a possible after the release for the a330?

• Upvote 1

I feel like you should revaluate this decision, assuming the a330ceo comes out first, many people only need one variant to be satsified. They really only see an a330 with new engines on it, if you made a aircraft such as the a340-300, I think more people would be interested then charging 60 dollars for the neo, its also worth noting that the headwind a330neo keeps getting better and when it gets a new vc, with working vnav and lnav, that's good enough for a lot of flight simmers, and they get it all for free, i am pretty sure they will do significant upgrading to the a330neo before this one gets released, if you were to make an a330neo, you would have to make it at like 15-20$ because if you guys want to charge 60$ for what many people see as just a regular a330 with different engines on it, its not gonna sell great

• Upvote 8

vor 34 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

As I explained a few times, we do not only work for the MSFS platform. We also work for advertising, professional simulation projects, movies,  etc etc. So if we select a project we do so with good reasons. 

Let's close this discussion, if you do not want our A330neo you simply don't buy it, there are dozens of fantastic aircraft available.

Alright, so no sarcasm in it. Wished for it to be the A350, but given that the A330ceo is offered in three variants commercially used with 3 engine types each and therefore you decided to develop approx. 10% of the A330ceo offer (A333 with RR only) when talking about the A330neo now, will you develop both, A338 and A339, or only A339 (presuming only A338 would make least sense)?

Looking forward to it for sure. 

And thx btw. for eventually revealing the new Airbus as a reaction to a post of mine ;)

• Upvote 3

On 6/4/2023 at 10:25 AM, BlackLiverieZ said:

Have a nice Sunday and a good start to the week :)

u got no idea how desperate i am for this aircraft rn. brilliant livery 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

just my two cents, I am for one super happy that Aerosoft is bringing the A339neo to MSFS,  while waiting or the A330 i been flying the HWD339 and its ok and I understand that the developers have grandiose plans and they have shown some of them in their discord and there is nothing wrong with that, but Aerosoft product is and Aerosoft product, I mean no disrespect to those working with HDW339 they are working extremely hard I imagine.  But those that have had Aerosoft products know what to expect and for me that is worth it - with freeware its developed at their pace and it can easily be derailed by real life circumstances, family, work, and so on (and who can blame them). So there is nothing wrong with two products in the market, let people decide.  So i can now say am i am eagerly waiting to fly the TAP 339 in the near future lol!! just my thoughts !!

• Upvote 4