Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

Just now, ual763 said:

I’ll welcome the NEO.  But as for the “smaller fish”, I’d much rather take some more bigger fish, such as the A340, or even the other variants of the A330CEO.  There are so many A320 family aircraft either available, or being developed by other developers, it’s just lost any and all appeal to me.  There’s just no excitement for yet another A320 family aircraft announcement.  Fenix, FBW, Default Sim A320, LatinVFR, FSL, and eventually Aerosoft.  

A340 would be good, I bet there's as much information available for the A340 as there is for the A330.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb German Norwegian:

We already have someone else doing the A330NEO, I think resources would be better spent developing out the A330CEO family fully

-----

Instead of complaining be happy with it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Himbi said:

They will now also do all the CEOs so your argument doesn't make any sense anymore.

Where did they say this?  

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, ual763 said:

I’ll welcome the NEO.  But as for the “smaller fish”, I’d much rather take some more bigger fish, such as the A340, or even the other variants of the A330CEO.  There are so many A320 family aircraft either available, or being developed by other developers, it’s just lost any and all appeal to me.  There’s just no excitement for yet another A320 family aircraft announcement.  Fenix, FBW, Default Sim A320, LatinVFR, FSL, and eventually Aerosoft.  

I think it’s because of the Xbox world.  Us PC folks have a wealth of A320 but I realized the good ones, like Fenix and FBW, you can’t get those on the Xbox.  So still a huge market for them that has not been tapped.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Himbi said:

They will now also do all the CEOs so your argument doesn't make any sense anymore.

What? This is copy pasted from the FAQ: 

Q. Which variant is being produced?

The A330-343 with Trent 772B-60 engines. Our model does not contain center tanks. You can find more information here.

Q. Are any other variants planned?

We have not yet announced any other variants.

There is nothing to hint at any other variants, let alone a promise or verbal commitment.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

I think it’s because of the Xbox world.  Us PC folks have a wealth of A320 but I realized the good ones, like Fenix and FBW, you can’t get those on the Xbox.  So still a huge market for them that has not been tapped.

I imagine that is what they are thinking.  But, they are already beaten to the XBox World by LatinVFR for the A318/19/20/21.  They’re not bad at all, considering they are already on the XBox.  Overall, the announcement just doesn’t formulate any excitement, sadly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

The one big thing which bothers me by the Headwind A330 as well as the Flybywirs A32NX and prevents me from flying them is that they still use the default Asobo cockpit model. Its geometry is in many aspects wrong especially around the glareshield which is just in the middle of the viewpoint. After years in P3D with Fslabs and Aerosoft Airbusses I simply cannot get used to this, it just feels toyish and wrong. I know there are plans from Flybywire to do a complete new model of the VC and I'm really looking forward to this, but I assume it will come after their A380 project. I don't know if headwind considers doing a complete VC by there own anyway.

So any Airbus from Aerosoft (expect A320ceo which is perfectly covered by Fenix, I know it's a different story for xbox users) is highly appreciated since their VC previews here look very accurate and beautiful. I hope to see some newer preview shots soon to see also their displays, which will hopefully be as accurate as by Flybywire, in this point they are really really good I think.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Hendrik96 said:

The one big thing which bothers me by the Headwind A330 as well as the Flybywirs A32NX and prevents me from flying them is that they still use the default Asobo cockpit model. Its geometry is in many aspects wrong especially around the glareshield which is just in the middle of the viewpoint. After years in P3D with Fslabs and Aerosoft Airbusses I simply cannot get used to this, it just feels toyish and wrong. I know there are plans from Flybywire to do a complete new model of the VC and I'm really looking forward to this, but I assume it will come after their A380 project. I don't know if headwind considers doing a complete VC by there own anyway.

So any Airbus from Aerosoft (expect A320ceo which is perfectly covered by Fenix, I know it's a different story for xbox users) is highly appreciated since their VC previews here look very accurate and beautiful. I hope to see some newer preview shots soon to see also their displays, which will hopefully be as accurate as by Flybywire, in this point they are really really good I think.

Headwind is working on a new VC, there are preview shots on their discord :)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

vor einer Stunde schrieb CaptainLHKLM:

Headwind is working on a new VC, there are preview shots on their discord :)

Then I'll straight visit their discord to have a look :)

On 6/4/2023 at 5:45 AM, Plebyxail said:

What? This is copy pasted from the FAQ: 

Q. Which variant is being produced?

The A330-343 with Trent 772B-60 engines. Our model does not contain center tanks. You can find more information here.

Q. Are any other variants planned?

We have not yet announced any other variants.

There is nothing to hint at any other variants, let alone a promise or verbal commitment.

I talked about Headwind, not Aerosoft. Because this guy complained that Headwind is already doing the NEO. But today on Discord they announced also to do the CEO, that was my point. Not Aerosoft related.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Himbi said:

I talked about Headwind, not Aerosoft. Because this guy complained that Headwind is already doing the NEO. But today on Discord they announced also to do the CEO, that was my point. Not Aerosoft related.

Ohh my bad, I misunderstood. Apologies. 

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well the next project will be the A330neo; we got some pretty good information we can finally use. After that, we'll go for the smaller fish!

That's a great announcement Mathijs I'm looking forward to it. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

This new announcement is great but in MSFS there isn't any a350 or a340, i know a350 is being developed but is minimum 2years until release and aerosoft could have gained a great territory with the a340 or a350. Thanks for your products

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

I want the other engine variant of the A330-300, because the two airlines that I really care about flying (Delta, KLM) use the other engine variant. As for all the other things, I don’t really care all that much about the -200, but if Aerosoft made it then I would buy it, and Headwind is already making a Neo version. I know I’m talking to a wall, but I’m a bit disappointed Aerosoft is jumping straight to the Neo.

• Upvote 11