Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

2 hours ago, Fabonymous said:

I don't know guys. But i think the plane will release until 14th June as he mentions the top one will be up to date so. Lets hope for the best 

It's literally just the current AIRAC 2305 which is valid through June 14. It would hardly be an up to date database if it's only valid for 1 day at the day of release... 

• Like 2

Finally, I can use the MSFS to fly the long-haul flight, Can fly trans-pacific and between Asia and West Europe, can't wait for it!

On 5/29/2023 at 2:33 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Been a while since we showed some images of the interactive manual.... It really is one of the highlights of this product as it makes learning the system for beginners so much easier. 

Can we get this early to prepare

MOD EDIT: Images deleted to conserve space and speed scrolling.

• Upvote 1

On 5/31/2023 at 7:07 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Interesting image, if you know where to look. The top nav database is the one we provide with the aircraft (Lufthansa Data Systems, will be up to date at the moment of release!),l the bottom one is Navigraph. So you can load two databases. We decided not to use the built-in database because that one is still pretty hard to work with. When that changes, we can always add it.

The aircraft remembers your last selection and will load that as default.

Two databases that is so cool. Is it possible to know which format the database will be (SQlite as on Fenix ? txt files as on Aerosoft CRJ ? Any other ?) ?

I am a navdata developer and I would like to start some coding as soon as possible for some missing airports in Jeppesen and Navigraph, where A330 also flies for real.

Thank you

MOD EDIT: Image deleted to conserve space and speed scrolling.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
18 hours ago, Moo-Walk said:

Will we have an app to download the 330 from or will it be a separate install like a drag and drop type? 

We will use our Aerosoft One for that.  It makes it all very easy, with no manual actions, easy updates, and even the need to enter a serial. Buy the product, open Aerosoft One, and click install. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
27 minutes ago, Christophe Dauphin said:

I am a navdata developer and I would like to start some coding as soon as possible for some missing airports in Jeppesen and Navigraph, where A330 also flies for real.

Same format as for the P3D versions. 

A quick note on the nav database inside MSFS. That database currently uses a very different system than NavDataPro and Navigraph, and it is virtually impossible to use both in one DLC. It would mean having two very different sets of code for every part of the system that needs the navdata.  As one developer described it, as different as 'an apple to a great white shark'. That is not to say it is worse (though we could use some regular updates); it is just a completely different system. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
47 minutes ago, Stacey said:

Can we get this early to prepare

Sorry, but no. This part of the product will be updated to the last minute. That is why it will be a server-based as well.  That way we can do multiple updates a day when the first comments come in. Also makes it a perfect system for tablet or laptop use. It also solves a lot of the issues with Xbox/Cloud and Marketplace copies that can't have manuals. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

On 5/31/2023 at 7:07 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Interesting image, if you know where to look. The top nav database is the one we provide with the aircraft (Lufthansa Data Systems, will be up to date at the moment of release!),l the bottom one is Navigraph. So you can load two databases. We decided not to use the built-in database because that one is still pretty hard to work with. When that changes, we can always add it.

The aircraft remembers your last selection and will load that as default.

I have one question. Is it normal that the second nav date has a different expiration Date than the first on, as they in this case are bouth Cycle 2305 so they should be the same timeframe.

MOD EDIT: Image deleted to conserve space and speed scrolling.

41 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That is why it will be a server-based as well.  That way we can do multiple updates a day when the first comments come in. Also makes it a perfect system for tablet or laptop use. It also solves a lot of the issues with Xbox/Cloud and Marketplace copies that can't have manuals. 

Hey, @Mathijs Kok, help me understand...are you saying the A/C will be linked to an application that runs parallel to the simulator (similar to Fenix A320) that will have to be launched to use the A/C and/or certain features? I'm good with that if so...just wasn't expecting. Or perhaps I misunderstood your comment?

• Deputy Sheriffs
42 minutes ago, DerArchitektFabi said:

I have one question. Is it normal that the second nav date has a different expiration Date than the first on, as they in this case are bouth Cycle 2305 so they should be the same timeframe.

This always depends on what you have installed. As Mathijs explained, you can use 2 providers at the same time and if you point the 2nd database to the 2nd provider and this one is outdated, you might end up with different dates.

2 hours ago, DFWSupertrooper said:

Hey, @Mathijs Kok, help me understand...are you saying the A/C will be linked to an application that runs parallel to the simulator (similar to Fenix A320) that will have to be launched to use the A/C and/or certain features? I'm good with that if so...just wasn't expecting. Or perhaps I misunderstood your comment?

I think he is just talking about the interactive manual. Otherwise how would they get the aircraft on the marketplace etc...

• Like 1

@Mathijs Kok 

- When you use NDP or Navigraph as NavData, how can you use the built-in flight planner then? Will that route be loaded in the MCDU or do you have to type over each waypoint?

- Does the A330 work with default ground vehicles as well?

More and more add-ons are relying on third party products that you need (NDP or Navigraph subscription, GSX Pro...). For the casual simmer (and on Xbox) these aren't an option?

9 minutes ago, Er!k said:

@Mathijs Kok 

- When you use NDP or Navigraph as NavData, how can you use the built-in flight planner then? Will that route be loaded in the MCDU or do you have to type over each waypoint?

More and more add-ons are relying on third party products that you need (NDP or Navigraph subscription, GSX Pro...). For the casual simmer (and on Xbox) these aren't an option?

You won't need to subscribe to NDP tho

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, DFWSupertrooper said:

Nope, absolutely not. We are not a fan of those things, and they make it impossible to sell on the Marketplace so you can't be on Xbox/Cloud.
It is just that the interactive manual is basically a website. We will also provide 6 PDF manuals, but the interactive manual is just so much nicer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Tobias Nome said:

But then you will have outdated NavData. I.e. when runway numbers change, runways/airports are added...

• Aerosoft
46 minutes ago, Er!k said:

@Mathijs Kok 

What the database is, has little to do with flight planning as long as one is available. You can program your route using the MCDU or a SimBrief flight plan. The MSFS flight planner simply is not complete enough to plan a flight. 

Works fine with the default ground vehicles!

And you worry too much about the subscriptions.  We deliver a navdatabase with the product that works fine on Xbox and MSFS Cloud. 

GSXPro, as far as I know, simply does not work because it does not run fully inside the simulator. That is a requirement from Microsoft on the Xbox and MSFS Cloud platforms. 

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
43 minutes ago, Tobias Nome said:

Well, if you want updated navdata, you will need that.  Now having the latest navdata is something that is mildly important if you fly online, but if you fly offline, there is nearly no downside to not updating your navdata.  It's only when newly opened airports are added to the simulator that it really starts to hurt. As said, we will consider the use of the standard MSFS database (that, btw, is not updated very often) in a later stage.  

For now, all really complex DLC uses a third-party navdatabase.  So it is more or less the standard. 

• Like 2

I have a question the subject will be opened after the exit of the plane? if we could take picture and publish them here to thank you…😁

On 6/1/2023 at 8:09 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Somebody asked me about icing. As I could not find the images posted earlier, let me repost them.

It's a while back since we did this, but I remember huge discussions with the advisory people on how it should look.  It's simply not as intuitive as it seems. Where ice forms depends on the material (the plastic nosecone picks up ice earlier than the metal, so you often see a sharpish line there), what is behind it (close to the fuel tanks, there is less ice) and the angle the air stream hits it.  We were not really impressed by other implementations.

I love it, it looks pretty realistic!

MOD EDIT: Images deleted to conserve space and speed scrolling.

• Upvote 1

• Tom unpinned and locked this topic