Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I can understand that, but you are simply not the kind of customer for who the marketplace is intended. 99% of people who buy there find encryption of the files, not a problem, whatsoever. Afterall, all these files are simply not reachable on Xbox or MSFS Cloud.

I generally only buy addons outside marketplace if they have visible weapons. I just love the simplicity of having everything in one place. I download some freeware of course such as liveries and fsltl. Otherwise I think I’ve only bought GSX and PMDG 737 outside marketplace. I’d hardly ever shop outside the marketplace if they allowed visible weapons on military jets. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed.

However, access to the Marketplace, MSFS Cloud and Xbox are simply absolutely vital for us. It is a multiplatform simulation with a build-in store. If you can access all of that, your sales potential grows tremendously. No matter what your opinion is, every publisher knows you will always sell most of your copies there.  Believe me, the news that PMDG is getting close to release on Xbox is a big deal for them. You gain access to a few million new users.

Thanks cant wait ! Im on xbox now awaiting a330 i have flown flightsim off on for decades but now cant afford $2000 computor to fly sim smoothly so i went with the xbox an im very satisfied. Too many people think xbox x is not true simmers but many of us have moved to xbox to save money. I was tired of the videocard cpu wars constantly having to upgrade! 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Alvariteus said:

I could not be more agree with this. I think PC and XBOX simmers are a completely different kind of user. I have always used PC for flight simulation, and even having an XBOX I would never even think about changing as in the XBOX I can't, for example, fly connected to IVAO. I don't even consider the possibility of stop flying in IVAO. I think the XBOX simmer tend to be more amateur level and, don't get me wrong, not all products are for them. For example, I understand the Fenix strategy of completely ignore the XBOX platform because their product is not for someone who wants to take a walk over New York's Central Park with an A320, but making an ultra realistic flight, using checklists, talking to online ATCs and using charts to make every single procedure as real as it gets. So, even understanding the new world of customers that MSFS opened for Aerosoft and other developers via XBOX, I think they shouldn't be too obsessed with the fact that some features may only be available on PC, in any way, this could be even reasonable. I see MSFS in XBOX as a first contact with flight simulation and, maybe, part of that people will change one day to PC to take advantage of all the possibilities, within or outside MSFS platform itself. I am concerned that due to the intention to make all products exactly the same for PC and XBOX, MSFS would end up becoming a simulator with amateur-level aircraft only. I think this would also be a strategic error considering the potential of the platform. :)

Wrooooong!!! Alot more than you think are simmers on xbox x now!! I have flown msfs for decades! I was tired of constant cpu an video card upgrading to get a smooth exp!  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

What you are describing has little to do with the platform but with the kind of simmer. Not amateur versus... what... professional?, but how far you take the hobby.  I know some people who fly MSFS very seriously on Xbox. I also know a lot of people who fly on PC and do not take it very seriously. 

With MSFS (and the older sims) sold to many many millions, IVAO has thousands of users, and the number of pilots who are online is normally not very high. So while I applaud the way you use the simulator, you belong to a very small group. FENIX can't release on the Marketplace because they did not build the aircraft systems and have to depend on an external executable. I am 101% sure they would love to be on the Marketplace because it would most likely more than double their sales. 

Yes sir thank you! Many simmers have moved to xbox x like me i was tired of spending thousands on hardware for flightsim

• Like 3

• Aerosoft
Just now, Stacey said:

Yes sir thank you! Many simmers have moved to xbox x like me i was tired of spending thousands on hardware for flightsim

Indeed. Als the fact you almost never have to fiddle with settings, drivers, configurations etc makes it a lot more suitable for many people. Privately I only use the cloud version. Starts in 20 seconds, solid 50 fps.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Even if you’re a pc-only person, it’s hard to deny that the business case for the level of investment we’ve seen in flightsim would be impossible to make sans XBOX. The network effects everyone (both Xbox and PC players) are seeing thanks to commercial opportunities provided by expanding the player-base are insane. I think it’s fair to say that MSFS would not have been a worthwhile venture for MS without Xbox integration, and you can apply that argument to most other third-party developers that are now busy developing for this amazing new platform. We’re all benefiting, and PC-players are free-riding (in terms of increased quality and diversity of offerings) on the business provided by XBOX players. There’s really no reason to be divisive about this I think. Everyone is getting served handsomely. More power to Xbox pilots I say! 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Stacey said:

Wrooooong!!! Alot more than you think are simmers on xbox x now!! I have flown msfs for decades! I was tired of constant cpu an video card upgrading to get a smooth exp!  

That's right, being a flight simmer in the PC requires certain PC upgrades every certain years and that means spending money. It is possible that Mathijs is right and I belong to a very small group of people. Giving numbers to this, according to IVAO own statistics, they have less than 20,000 active members (people who connected within the last 3 months) among about 200,000 registered members. And VATSIM has around 100,000 active users, so we are talking about 120,000 people (surely less because a small part of them could be members of both, so let's say 100,000) that will never or rarely use MSFS 2020 on XBOX. I don't know if that market is small, fair or big. Probably small, taking into account the investment that is needed to develop an airplane, and surely this hobbie is not the most common in the world (developers knows it), but certainly it is not a not a little orwellian sect :D

59 minutes ago, AirbusA380-800 said:

Even if you’re a pc-only person, it’s hard to deny that the business case for the level of investment we’ve seen in flightsim would be impossible to make sans XBOX. The network effects everyone (both Xbox and PC players) are seeing thanks to commercial opportunities provided by expanding the player-base are insane. I think it’s fair to say that MSFS would not have been a worthwhile venture for MS without Xbox integration, and you can apply that argument to most other third-party developers that are now busy developing for this amazing new platform. We’re all benefiting, and PC-players are free-riding (in terms of increased quality and diversity of offerings) on the business provided by XBOX players. There’s really no reason to be divisive about this I think. Everyone is getting served handsomely. More power to Xbox pilots I say! 

I'm not sure if I am right, but I think MSFS 2020 is the first serious flight simulator to ever come to XBOX. However, previous simulators like other versions of MSFS, X-Plane or Prepar3D also have amazing and very detailed add-ons that I guess they were profitable. I think Aerosoft itself grew in that environment and became the reference that is today. So I don't think it is something about "would be impossible to make sense", but just that developers want to take advantage of this new possibility of XBOX to increase their margins and, probably, be able to sell the products at a lower cost. Both things are, of course, very reasonable.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I would not go so far but any entertainment software released by Microsoft should be multiplatform these days as far as I know. It simply makes sense. That's also why the name Xbox is these days not only a bit of hardware but also the whole ecosystem. Just look at a modern Windows machine:

Please login to display this image.

Sorry there is not a lot to show from the project. All work is really code based.  And as the displays still have a lot of smallish formatting issues, I am hesitant to show. But here is a livery made by a tester.

But here is a tiny bit of the cockpit.

Note the modelling of the ADF switches, they even have the groove that you need to lift the switch over (or in) when you move it. It is rather exquisite. 

That looks amazing! I can't wait. A question, have you guys implemented the flaps shake animation, as well as wing flex animation on the ground and in the air in turbulent conditions?  

Il y a 53 minutes, Mathijs Kok a déclaré :

Je n'irais pas aussi loin, mais tout logiciel de divertissement publié par Microsoft devrait être multiplateforme ces jours-ci, pour autant que je sache. C'est tout simplement logique. C'est aussi la raison pour laquelle le nom Xbox est de nos jours non seulement un peu de matériel, mais aussi l'ensemble de l'écosystème. Il suffit de regarder une machine Windows moderne :

Désolé, il n'y a pas grand-chose à montrer du projet. Tout le travail est vraiment basé sur le code. Et comme les écrans ont encore beaucoup de petits problèmes de formatage, j'hésite à les montrer. Mais voici une livrée faite par un testeur.

Mais voici un tout petit bout du cockpit.

Notez la modélisation des commutateurs ADF, ils ont même la rainure dont vous avez besoin pour soulever l'interrupteur (ou l'endans) lorsque vous le déplacez. C'est plutôt exquis.

I have a question what is the xbox game bar application for?

Excuse me, if it already have been asked, but can we expect some weathering on the fuselage as well? Most A330 CEOs have been in use for quite some years, which you can often see ^^

Other than that great work guys!

• Like 1

• Administrator
57 minutes ago, Ramp_air said:

I have a question what is the xbox game bar application for?

Game Bar is essentially an overlay system, so you can access Xbox friends, take videos/screenshots, etc. It has a couple of other features like Spotify too. It's a bit like a mix of Shadowplay and the Steam overlay combined. (link to all the features)

• Thanks 3

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Alvariteus:

I could not be more agree with this. I think PC and XBOX simmers are a completely different kind of user. I have always used PC for flight simulation, and even having an XBOX I would never even think about changing as in the XBOX I can't, for example, fly connected to IVAO. I don't even consider the possibility of stop flying in IVAO. I think the XBOX simmer tend to be more amateur level and, don't get me wrong, not all products are for them. For example, I understand the Fenix strategy of completely ignore the XBOX platform because their product is not for someone who wants to take a walk over New York's Central Park with an A320, but making an ultra realistic flight, using checklists, talking to online ATCs and using charts to make every single procedure as real as it gets. So, even understanding the new world of customers that MSFS opened for Aerosoft and other developers via XBOX, I think they shouldn't be too obsessed with the fact that some features may only be available on PC, in any way, this could be even reasonable. I see MSFS in XBOX as a first contact with flight simulation and, maybe, part of that people will change one day to PC to take advantage of all the possibilities, within or outside MSFS platform itself. I am concerned that due to the intention to make all products exactly the same for PC and XBOX, MSFS would end up becoming a simulator with amateur-level aircraft only. I think this would also be a strategic error considering the potential of the platform. :)

You are wrong!

How do you come up with the idea that users of the XBox basically do everything less intensively than PC users? And then I should have no problem getting fewer functions on the XBox than a someone who uses a PC? Does the XBox user then also pay less? And by the way, ALL users without an appropriate pilot license are amateurs! A professional flies a real plane and by the way in the Sim!

I use the XBox because a PC with the same Power is not in my House. I have only Apple Macs in use. Should i buy another performing Windows PC over 1000 or 1500€ only for Use with the Sim? For sure not! And since the change to XBox i dont have Problems with Drivers or the Need of an newer and more expensiv Graphiccard. It just works!

And a User who is on IVAO or VATSIM is an Pro? 

PS: 

I use the Sim since Flight Simulator 98! As an Amateur like 90% of the other User.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I‘m looking forward for the A330. I‘m really curious how the final displays are going to be. Accurate, crisp and smooth displays are very important for the joy of sim flying for me. Much more important than failures and very deep systems for me. Besides only flying PMDG, Fenix (earlier Fslabs in P3D) non-normal stuff was always on my list to do in future but honestly I have never done it until today (perhaps still might do it in future with other aircrafts). Most of my immersion/joy comes from doing real world routes as professional as possible following SOPs with proper flight planning and also briefings including go-arounds and non-precision approaches (in final app, nav/fpa or trk/fpa) or some traffic patterns like pilots do for landing training. And from what I‘ve read here the A330 is hopefully perfectly capable of these things. Especially the EFB looks really fantastic having most of the infos all available on one single homescreen without the need to switch between apps.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Capt Shark:

You're wrong, there.  Many so-called "very serious" simmers can care less about what platform you choose to fly MSFS in. They are more concerned with what they can achieve and high levels of immersion. Most of which is not achievable in XBox. We want to be able to import and integrate flight plans of Simbrief and to fully utilize Navigraph. Most love to fly real world routes including the actual zulu time it was flown. Most love to fly with Vatsim ATC with their friends and others in different parts of the world, with a lot of those pilots flying for virtual airlines or something similar. Conversely, some guys I know look down upon the XBoxers as ones who just love to fly in 3rd person and just take pictures of the nice scenery and terrain. Again, to each their own.  That goes for the XPlane guys as well. The majority of us do not care either way. We just want to have fun and fly High Fidelity Aircraft. If that cannot be provided, then the market will dictate it.  It always does. This community welcomes new comers on the new platforms. And for the record, I started my flight simming on an Apple IIe. I'm also a real world instrument rated pilot.

here we go...

7 minutes ago, BlackLiverieZ said:

Good evening everyone. :)

I wish everyone a great start to the weekend. 

Yes, I know... Singapore Airlines has no A330
anymore :)

wow...just wow...

• Thanks 1

vor 6 Minuten schrieb BlackLiverieZ:

we cannot wait we need this add on now! ^^

have a great weekend :)

• Thanks 1

vor 12 Minuten schrieb BlackLiverieZ:

this has me shook

vor 12 Minuten schrieb BlackLiverieZ:

46 minutes ago, marcus_sweden said:

With PMDG coming out on XBOX I think we can dismiss the "casual" simmer once and for all :). I use PC but XBOX is a PC but in name so I don't see the problem here.

Fellow swede here, fully agree. It’s definetly an unfair assumption that all, or even most simmers on xbox fly in third person and trims the lawn in central park. The only major ”realism” thing that’s missing is VATSIM really.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Game Bar is essentially an overlay system, so you can access Xbox friends, take videos/screenshots, etc. It has a couple of other features like Spotify too. It's a bit like a mix of Shadowplay and the Steam overlay combined. (link to all the features)

thank you for your reply

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Carl Järvholm MAGYe said:

Fellow swede here, fully agree. It’s definetly an unfair assumption that all, or even most simmers on xbox fly in third person and trims the lawn in central park. The only major ”realism” thing that’s missing is VATSIM really.

Is that an impossibility? Maybe MS could investigate making that part of their online structure? Azure is a thing after all :). If anything that could bring more people into the air control side of things and make more places populated?

Do any of the testers have GSX and have made a profile? If so could you show us a picture of everything connected to the AIrcraft! Would be awesome to see the baggage and catering going on!

• Upvote 2

• Tom unpinned and locked this topic