Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

vor 31 Minuten schrieb Jettison:

Yes, the most common of the short haulers are out now, so it's time to focus on the long haulers which they are.

Would absolutely not be interesting personally to hear that time is being spent on developing a high quality A319 when there's a really good A320 out already + a really good 737 NG for that matter. Although an A321 NEO could be interesting.

Short Haulers are out now? Time to focus on Long Haulers? 

The many users and customers on the XBox say thank you for this Statement!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jettison said:

Yes, the most common of the short haulers are out now, so it's time to focus on the long haulers which they are.

Would absolutely not be interesting personally to hear that time is being spent on developing a high quality A319 when there's a really good A320 out already + a really good 737 NG for that matter. Although an A321 NEO could be interesting.

As stated, the xbox market is really hungry for a good 320 or 321. People usually underestimate this customer base, but I believe there is quite a bit of money to ve made on SOP aircraft for xbox.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

All this commotion and it may not even be another aircraft - yet :) may be a new Mega Airport (like Brussels), or a new Aerosoft utility, all we know is that it’s a project

7 minutes ago, TomReborn said:

All this commotion and it may not even be another aircraft - yet :) may be a new Mega Airport (like Brussels), or a new Aerosoft utility, all we know is that it’s a project

I doubt Mathijs would mention a new project in A330 forum if it was not an aircraft

• Like 3

• Aerosoft
On 5/23/2023 at 10:26 PM, JeffFromTheIRS said:

Fenix and Aerosoft target completely different audiences. Fenix is aiming at "study-level" simmers while Aerosoft generally markets towards people who want a product that's between the default aircraft fidelity and study-level.

Indeed.

However, access to the Marketplace, MSFS Cloud and Xbox are simply absolutely vital for us. It is a multiplatform simulation with a build-in store. If you can access all of that, your sales potential grows tremendously. No matter what your opinion is, every publisher knows you will always sell most of your copies there.  Believe me, the news that PMDG is getting close to release on Xbox is a big deal for them. You gain access to a few million new users.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, P McF said:

It's clearly going to be the A321 Neo

the a330 and a340-200/300 were developed simulationsly, just makes more sense imo

I don't know if this was already asked but I cannot remember reading about it already: Does the FMGC support the secondary flight plan function?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AirbusA380-800 said:

Me after completing the 1000’s short/medium-haul flight with the 737/Fenix/ATR/CRJ and coming on this forum: 

Please login to display this image.

fax lmao 

• Thanks 1

it's normal when I drive my bus I have the impression of hearing the acceleration of the RR engine I really have to consult a doctor it becomes a disease 🤣

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Mitchercherry:

I feel you. Many "very serious" Simmers in the flight sim game cannot accept that there is a whole new customer base since MSFS was released. But as always. Great disruption will push the whole community forward as computing power increases and the market is getting bigger so more developers are coming into the branch. Looking forward to what will be the state of MSFS in 5 years or so - and I did start my flight sim "career" with FS98 -. What a time to be a flight simmer.

• Like 2

vor 23 Stunden schrieb cptGio:

Fingers crossed for A321NEO 👀

An A340-200, -300, -500, -600 would make sense as Fuselage profile and Flight deck are quite similar with regard to the A330. If I where Aerosoft, this step would make sense to me. For the record: Just Flight did make an Airbus Long Haul collection bundle for FSX with both the A330/A340

OR

I am completely wrong and they will announce something else ^^

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

On 5/23/2023 at 12:48 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

The famous: 'What is it doing now?" 

But indeed. These days aircraft are software, like a Tesla.  Even though Tesla has some amazing engineering (their mega presses are still unmatched), the value is the software. You can only do so much to make an aircraft lighter, which costs a fortune and a half in production, while shaving off 0.05% in a climb profile by tweaking software will save airlines millions on all models. 

Not just Airbus....  getting real data for ANY modern airliner is near impossible. You might know how long it takes an aircraft to get to FL300, but you will not know what pitch and engine settings are optimal over the whole climb. 

I doubt the manufactures will even know the performance till they fly the tube with fins. Theoretical math and simulation will only get you so far to justify the developmental expense.

David

12 hours ago, Mitchercherry said:

I was talking about the plane types, not what platform you can run them on.

Too many narrowbody jets in msfs lineup for now would be happy if more focus is given on widebody aircrafts and some turboprops(Not GA). Not complaining but whatever Aerosoft or other devs have in plan, its entirely up to them.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, D O said:

I feel you. Many "very serious" Simmers in the flight sim game cannot accept that there is a whole new customer base since MSFS was released. But as always. Great disruption will push the whole community forward as computing power increases and the market is getting bigger so more developers are coming into the branch. Looking forward to what will be the state of MSFS in 5 years or so - and I did start my flight sim "career" with FS98 -. What a time to be a flight simmer.

You're wrong, there.  Many so-called "very serious" simmers can care less about what platform you choose to fly MSFS in. They are more concerned with what they can achieve and high levels of immersion. Most of which is not achievable in XBox. We want to be able to import and integrate flight plans of Simbrief and to fully utilize Navigraph. Most love to fly real world routes including the actual zulu time it was flown. Most love to fly with Vatsim ATC with their friends and others in different parts of the world, with a lot of those pilots flying for virtual airlines or something similar. Conversely, some guys I know look down upon the XBoxers as ones who just love to fly in 3rd person and just take pictures of the nice scenery and terrain. Again, to each their own.  That goes for the XPlane guys as well. The majority of us do not care either way. We just want to have fun and fly High Fidelity Aircraft. If that cannot be provided, then the market will dictate it.  It always does. This community welcomes new comers on the new platforms. And for the record, I started my flight simming on an Apple IIe. I'm also a real world instrument rated pilot.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Indeed.

However, access to the Marketplace, MSFS Cloud and Xbox are simply absolutely vital for us. It is a multiplatform simulation with a build-in store. If you can access all of that, your sales potential grows tremendously. No matter what your opinion is, every publisher knows you will always sell most of your copies there.  Believe me, the news that PMDG is getting close to release on Xbox is a big deal for them. You gain access to a few million new users.

This is the paradox situation. I stopped buying on marketplace many months ago. On the one hand, I agree with the things you said, regarding the selling potentials on the MSFS marketplace. On the other hand, it has big disadvantages like the long time it takes until a product is updated and the encrypting of (for deep simmers) important files like BGLs (scenery) and aircraft.cfg (planes). This makes the marketplace unusable for me.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Capt Shark said:

You're wrong, there.  Many so-called "very serious" simmers can care less about what platform you choose to fly MSFS in. They are more concerned with what they can achieve and high levels of immersion. Most of which is not achievable in XBox. We want to be able to import and integrate flight plans of Simbrief and to fully utilize Navigraph. Most love to fly real world routes including the actual zulu time it was flown. Most love to fly with Vatsim ATC with their friends and others in different parts of the world, with a lot of those pilots flying for virtual airlines or something similar. Conversely, some guys I know look down upon the XBoxers as ones who just love to fly in 3rd person and just take pictures of the nice scenery and terrain. Again, to each their own.  That goes for the XPlane guys as well. The majority of us do not care either way. We just want to have fun and fly High Fidelity Aircraft. If that cannot be provided, then the market will dictate it.  It always does. This community welcomes new comers on the new platforms. And for the record, I started my flight simming on an Apple IIe. I'm also a real world instrument rated pilot.

I could not be more agree with this. I think PC and XBOX simmers are a completely different kind of user. I have always used PC for flight simulation, and even having an XBOX I would never even think about changing as in the XBOX I can't, for example, fly connected to IVAO. I don't even consider the possibility of stop flying in IVAO. I think the XBOX simmer tend to be more amateur level and, don't get me wrong, not all products are for them. For example, I understand the Fenix strategy of completely ignore the XBOX platform because their product is not for someone who wants to take a walk over New York's Central Park with an A320, but making an ultra realistic flight, using checklists, talking to online ATCs and using charts to make every single procedure as real as it gets. So, even understanding the new world of customers that MSFS opened for Aerosoft and other developers via XBOX, I think they shouldn't be too obsessed with the fact that some features may only be available on PC, in any way, this could be even reasonable. I see MSFS in XBOX as a first contact with flight simulation and, maybe, part of that people will change one day to PC to take advantage of all the possibilities, within or outside MSFS platform itself. I am concerned that due to the intention to make all products exactly the same for PC and XBOX, MSFS would end up becoming a simulator with amateur-level aircraft only. I think this would also be a strategic error considering the potential of the platform. :)

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Alvariteus said:

I could not be more agree with this. I think PC and XBOX simmers are a completely different kind of user. I have always used PC for flight simulation, and even having an XBOX I would never even think about changing as in the XBOX I can't, for example, fly connected to IVAO. I don't even consider the possibility of stop flying in IVAO. I think the XBOX simmer tend to be more amateur level and, don't get me wrong, not all products are for them. For example, I understand the Fenix strategy of completely ignore the XBOX platform because their product is not for someone who wants to take a walk over New York's Central Park with an A320, but making an ultra realistic flight, using checklists, talking to online ATCs and using charts to make every single procedure as real as it gets. So, even understanding the new world of customers that MSFS opened for Aerosoft and other developers via XBOX, I think they shouldn't be too obsessed with the fact that some features may only be available on PC, in any way, this could be even reasonable. I see MSFS in XBOX as a first contact with flight simulation and, maybe, part of that people will change one day to PC to take advantage of all the possibilities, within or outside MSFS platform itself. I am concerned that due to the intention to make all products exactly the same for PC and XBOX, MSFS would end up becoming a simulator with amateur-level aircraft only. I think this would also be a strategic error considering the potential of the platform. :)

Agreed with both things.

What you can't do or when you can't do it in real life you do it on a sim, there's real life pilots who still like flying on the simulator.

It's the closest thing to real life aviation except you aren't forced a certain schedule on you plus you can do whatever route with whatever plane.

I do not think that a PC version of a plane should be dumbed down at all in terms of flight model and so on in order to work on console. I don't mean no effort should be made in making it available to the console simmers.

Unfortunately reality is that you should maybe save up money and spend it on a PC and joystick if high fidelity airplanes/simulation (or above such as Study Level) is what you're looking for, because of a console's limitations. I've got no problems with console gaming when it comes to casual games but if I'm looking for flight simulation then PC is the way to go.

On 5/23/2023 at 3:52 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

As there was some time... 

" We fly more countries than any other airline" ❤️ 

• Like 3

• Aerosoft
5 hours ago, RogePete said:

This is the paradox situation. I stopped buying on marketplace many months ago. On the one hand, I agree with the things you said, regarding the selling potentials on the MSFS marketplace. On the other hand, it has big disadvantages like the long time it takes until a product is updated and the encrypting of (for deep simmers) important files like BGLs (scenery) and aircraft.cfg (planes). This makes the marketplace unusable for me.

I can understand that, but you are simply not the kind of customer for who the marketplace is intended. 99% of people who buy there find encryption of the files, not a problem, whatsoever. Afterall, all these files are simply not reachable on Xbox or MSFS Cloud.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Alvariteus said:

I think the XBOX simmer tend to be more amateur level and, don't get me wrong, not all products are for them. 

What you are describing has little to do with the platform but with the kind of simmer. Not amateur versus... what... professional?, but how far you take the hobby.  I know some people who fly MSFS very seriously on Xbox. I also know a lot of people who fly on PC and do not take it very seriously. 

With MSFS (and the older sims) sold to many many millions, IVAO has thousands of users, and the number of pilots who are online is normally not very high. So while I applaud the way you use the simulator, you belong to a very small group. FENIX can't release on the Marketplace because they did not build the aircraft systems and have to depend on an external executable. I am 101% sure they would love to be on the Marketplace because it would most likely more than double their sales. 

• Upvote 10

• Tom unpinned and locked this topic