Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

On 5/17/2023 at 2:52 PM, HarryBRZz said:

¿Alguna vez has visto un ascenso de 340-300? Sí, ahora compare eso con el 330. Gran diferencia.

Ahora agregue eso a una multitud de otras diferencias operativas, de diseño y rendimiento.

Diferentes tipos de motor, diseño de cabina y pantallas de ecam, y muchas otras partes técnicas que no vemos.

For many years I traveled on the iberia A340, the Mad-SDQ route I can provide you with an interview that I myself conducted with an iberia pilot in an A330 when it was delivered to Iberia under the name of MIAMI and I write about the interview with the commander in charge if you know more than the pilot I can't value that. Sorry for my English, it's not very good.

• Aerosoft

20 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, I will have them available before release.

Here is one....  Amazing how simplified modern checklists are.  The whole concept of  "down to the line", "below the line" is now gone.

Vol5_Checklist.pdf

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

8 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Here is one....  Amazing how simplified modern checklists are. 

Vol5_Checklist.pdf 223.52 kB · 1 download

HI Mathijs, loving the great work you guys are doing! I am hopeful to see this beauty of a jet in my simulator very soon... 
I did have a question about features and systems; Will you guys be implementing the RAAS system? (Runway awareness and advisory system). Look forward to hearing some new updates! 

On 5/20/2023 at 1:13 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Please login to display this image.

The advantage of being a bit late in the beta tests is that the people who have access can do some liveries.

I thought this was a real picture for reference or something until I read the replies. Can't believe we've come this far from FSX. Unbelievable. 

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
9 minutes ago, Daniel Regueira Filgueiras said:

Hi Mathijs, I have a question for you, are you going to give the support of the MiniFCU? Because we would like to be able to use it with A330 to give the most realistic feeling. 😊

We can send the people behind that the list of Lvars we use, but making drivers is always the task of the people who make the hardware.

• Upvote 2

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

RAAS is an optional system so we do not intend to add that at this moment. It is on our list to be added though. 

I have a question: If something has a very low priority, does that mean that it will come at some point or is it possible that it won't come at all?

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Daniel Regueira Filgueiras said:

Hi Mathijs, I have a question for you, are you going to give the support of the MiniFCU? Because we would like to be able to use it with A330 to give the most realistic feeling. 😊

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We can send the people behind that the list of Lvars we use, but making drivers is always the task of the people who make the hardware.

And if they don't, you still often have a realm of creative options with 3rd-party interface utilities such as Axis&Ohs, SpadNext, etc.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Here is one more manual. As you see, at Aerosoft, we still believe manuals are a very important part of a product!

Vol8-Weird and Wonderful Logic.pdf 321.31 kB · 101 downloads

What a nice little document to explain FFL (F French Logic, not going to explain the first F😅). I actually learned something new since pushing and pulling the FCU knobs have become muscle memory and I never realised the logic behind it. Pushing and pulling control to and from the airplane was a very good explanation for that, well done!

54 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Next week we'll announce the next project; for now I leave you with this sunset A330ceo.

I hope it’s a321neo :)

• Like 3

Just now, Trystan Dupre said:

It's pretty unlikely since FBW are making one. I think it's going to be an A340. Which one tho?

My fingers are crossed for an A340-300🤞🏻

• Upvote 9

12 minutes ago, JackBeloff said:

I hope it’s a321neo :)

I second that! Tho A350 would be amazing also.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Good question. Let me explain.

This A330ceo is our base model. All code made is intended to be used by all Airbus projects that will follow.  So after the A330ceo is released, the same team will continue working on the project. Not only to make the changes for the next aircraft but also to add features to the base code, which will be usable on all models. With the investment spread over more products, the cost comes down.

Now exactly what we will do depends on many things. Of course, we will need to extend and maintain the base code. There are things that simply will not make it in the initial release. But we have plans to extend the EFB, and something like RAAS is certainly possible. We need to see how many aircraft that we model actually have RAAS, though. I do not do polls or things like that, but we will definitely listen to suggestions! That's what this forum section is for!

Next week we'll announce the next project; for now I leave you with this sunset A330ceo.

Please login to display this image.

Not long to go! the clouds look great :D

15 minutes ago, Trystan Dupre said:

It's pretty unlikely since FBW are making one. I think it's going to be an A340. Which one tho?

Nope, Headwind is making one

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Cpt.Ronin:

My fingers are crossed for an A340-300🤞🏻

I second that! Personally, the route options this would unlock ex-FRA, MUC and ZRH would make it an insta-buy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, AirbusA380-800 said:

I second that! Personally, the route options this would unlock ex-FRA, MUC and ZRH would make it an insta-buy. 

For me the a330 is already an insta-buy. CC ready to get charged

• Upvote 2

vor 1 Minute schrieb Trystan Dupre:

For me the a330 is already an insta-buy. CC ready to get charged

Don't get me wrong, I feel absolutely the same :D Got the first leg EDDM - KBOS saved in Volanta already. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
57 minutes ago, Cpt.Ronin said:

What a nice little document to explain FFL (F French Logic, not going to explain the first F😅). I actually learned something new since pushing and pulling the FCU knobs have become muscle memory and I never realised the logic behind it. Pushing and pulling control to and from the airplane was a very good explanation for that, well done!

Now if anybody can explain to me why the light controls are spread all over the cockpit....

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
27 minutes ago, devve said:

Nope, Headwind is making one

Yes, but seriously there is a lot of difference between what we do and what they do. I said it before, and I will say it again: I have the utmost respect for the teams that work on these freeware projects, but we do look at all those developments and know where we can do better. Basically, I have never been very afraid of any competing project.  Certainly, with MSFS, your sales channels are what basically determine the investment you can make. If you can't sell (or just distribute) on the Marketplace, you do not have access to most customers. 

Also, remember that MSFS is not our only 'export' from our work. We have delivered products to many people and companies, from the US Navy to movie studios. We also do professional projects where we use our code and our models. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

• Tom unpinned and locked this topic