Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 hours ago, Aerologic said:

Is there an option to release the handbook in advance, so we can start to familiarize ourselves with the A330?

From a post by Mathijs on April 21: Manuals and E-manual are more or less okay. The PDF manuals will be fine and available on release, the E-manual which is one of the highlights of the project as we want to get even beginners to be able to fly the A330 will be available but will need to be updated with the latest changes in code.

The usual reason for waiting until release is so the manual is aligned with the released product, including graphics, systems at that stage, and procedures. 

You can find other posts with additional information by doing a search for "manual" (search box in upper right of screen).

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
On 5/19/2023 at 8:34 PM, riskas123 said:

I know Håkon Ånerud is doing some liveries. Will these beta tester-created liveries come with the aircraft or will they release them themselves on flightsim.to?

Our forums have a download section here, but they can upload them anywhere. I am not a fan of adding them to the product because it would seem we are asking money for work others did. I will try to set up a system to keep track.  We never will charge for a livery pack, however.

Screenshot_2023-05-21_073435.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

• Aerosoft
23 hours ago, Filipe C said:

Are you guys still working in the VNAV and the flight model?

The flight model is completed; all heavy work is on getting the LNAV, VNAV and speed modes correct at this moment.

Here is a shot from our bug tracker management tool:

Please login to display this image.

You see, we worked through close to 1500 items, and a lot are open. Right now, we need to close the red ones! We'll sort out the silly animation things later.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The flight model is completed; all heavy work is on getting the LNAV, VNAV and speed modes correct at this moment.

You see, we worked through close to 1500 items, and there are a lot open. Right now we just need to close the read ones!

Once the red ones are closed is the product ready to be released?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CharlieB00000 said:

Once the red ones are closed is the product ready to be released?

That's my question as well!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well, that means there are no show-stopping issues from the coding side. If all is settled with sales, marketing and external partners, yes. 

Awesome to hear!! Can't wait

31 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well, that means there are no show-stopping issues from the coding side. If all is settled with sales, marketing and external partners, yes. 

So are we to expect it to be released to youtubers/streamers this coming week to show it off? ;) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dani-Zijlmans said:

Show us some A330 KLM action`s 

They don’t have any RR on their a330ˋs so I don’t think they will show us some « fictional liveries »

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jettison said:

Can we get a screenshot of the cockpit? Just for the sake of variation.

Or wing with full flaps and spoilers 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You see, we worked through close to 1500 items, and a lot are open. Right now, we need to close the red ones! We'll sort out the silly animation things later.

@Mathijs Kok, crazy to see that those poor developers also need to decipher the text of the issue. I can imagine it takes them 4 days to decode the blurred text and only 1 hour to solve the actual problem 😉

Any ways, enjoy the week and I'm looking forward to the next set of screenshots that will be released!

• Like 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
57 minutes ago, Gielvdv said:

@Mathijs Kok, crazy to see that those poor developers also need to decipher the text of the issue. I can imagine it takes them 4 days to decode the blurred text and only 1 hour to solve the actual problem 😉

Any ways, enjoy the week and I'm looking forward to the next set of screenshots that will be released!

I can assure that the developers have got pretty good already going through the deciphering algorithm, reducing the decoding time to just few milliseconds by now. It seems to be a bit like doctors hand writing. Only select few can develop the skills to read and understand it. 😜

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Secondator said:

I can assure that the developers have got pretty good already going through the deciphering algorithm, reducing the decoding time to just few milliseconds by now. It seems to be a bit like doctors hand writing. Only select few can develop the skills to read and understand it. 😜

All this cryptography is less complex than VNAV? Very impressive :D 

• Tom unpinned and locked this topic