Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

5120x1440 (so close to 4K) , but the resolution is not very much affecting fps in MSFS.
On my 4K screen, I get around 58 fps.

Wow, that’s very impressive, thank you!

I would really know how is going so far the beta, you said the other day that you were fixing quite a lot of things, we see amazing pictures of the a330, can't wait!

• Like 5

oh it seems the hype it kind of low today. what's going on?

also just gonna ask is the vnav issue expected to take around a month or more?

I have a question, regarding the A330 from you and the Headwind A330. Today Headwind released a new version, based on the stable base of 0.10.0 from Flybywire. Flybywire has been rightly praised here on the forum a few times, their work is very impressive. The Headwind team works closely with Flybywire, the exterior model is good, and they are currently working on their own cockpit textures/ model, which already look very good in the Discord channel. So my question, what does Aerosoft want to do to compete with these freeware plane? The plane is currently already able to complete a lot of SOP, and I'm sure in the future, by working closely with Flybywire, it will only get better. Is Aerosoft's strategy to target the A330 purely at XBOX/ Cloud customers? Why should I as a PC customer spend about 40€ (estimate since the exact amount is not yet known) when there is a freeware product that offers a strong competitor product?

Would appreciate an answer (please not be snotty, and don’t say: if you do not want to buy the product, do not buy it – that’s not constructive). I think basically the Aerosoft philosophy strategy is good to focus on SOP, and for example not to model a cockpit (simply because you are 99,9% of the time in the cockpit and not in the cabin), however I think now that Aerosoft should offer more to compete with the Headwind A330. Maybe there is something I haven't considered (maybe Sound, …), I’m new in the community, got into the flight simulator community with the MSFS. (And the fact, that Aerosoft build the A330-343, and Headwind the A330-900 and A330-800 is to less for me, because Headwind also offers for example the A330-900 as ACJ Version - this statment maybe sound for an "study level simmer" stupid, but I would consider myself a "hobby simmer", and for me, the difference is to small. And as I would see it, Aerosoft plans to sell their plane to the "hobby simmer", so I would be an perfect potentional customer).

• Upvote 7

PilotAT2001 regarding Northwind 330-900

Aerosoft don't have to do that much other than to deliver what they use to do.

I abandoned Northwind pretty quickly as 1 Sim rates almost can't handle 2XSpeed (sitting in front of the computer for 12-15 hours flight is not an option)  2 Load an existing flight functionality is not up to standard as well. and 3 a lot of functionaliy I assume, that will come with Aerosoft A330 but is not in place with the Northwind.

Sorry moderators if this post is not entirely about Aerosoft.

Mats

59 minutes ago, PilotAT2001 said:

have a question, regarding the A330 from you and the Headwind A330. Today Headwind released a new version, based on the stable base of 0.10.0 from Flybywire. Flybywire has been rightly praised here on the forum a few times, their work is very impressive. The Headwind team works closely with Flybywire, the exterior model is good, and they are currently working on their own cockpit textures/ model, which already look very good in the Discord channel. So my question, what does Aerosoft want to do to compete with these freeware plane? The plane is currently already able to complete a lot of SOP, and I'm sure in the future, by working closely with Flybywire, it will only get better. Is Aerosoft's strategy to target the A330 purely at XBOX/ Cloud customers? Why should I as a PC customer spend about 40€ (estimate since the exact amount is not yet known) when there is a freeware product that offers a strong competitor product?

Would appreciate an answer (please not be snotty, and don’t say: if you do not want to buy the product, do not buy it – that’s not constructive). I think basically the Aerosoft philosophy strategy is good to focus on SOP, and for example not to model a cockpit (simply because you are 99,9% of the time in the cockpit and not in the cabin), however I think now that Aerosoft should offer more to compete with the Headwind A330. Maybe there is something I haven't considered (maybe Sound, …), I’m new in the community, got into the flight simulator community with the MSFS. (And the fact, that Aerosoft build the A330-343, and Headwind the A330-900 and A330-800 is to less for me, because Headwind also offers for example the A330-900 as ACJ Version - this statment maybe sound for an "study level simmer" stupid, but I would consider myself a "hobby simmer", and for me, the difference is to small. And as I would see it, Aerosoft plans to sell their plane to the "hobby simmer", so I would be an perfect potentional customer).

No, there are big differences, first of all today who will be faster to the release Is it the freeware one or the Aerosoft one? definitely Aerosoft will release it's aircraft earlier moreover, the product will be continuously updated in a time span shorter than the headwind one. Secondly, in your prospective, I saw too the headwind's cockpit pictures on Discord, which one is more realistic? Does the one which is based on the a320 that is the case of headwind or Aerosoft which have a completely new data base for the a330? and eventually, you will see the differences when all the developers release their aircrafts, you are gonna watch lots of videos on Youtube comparing the products and you will decide, also decisions vary if you don't keen on an a330 you just want something to serve as a long-haul route so go for Headwind and if you want specifically an a330 to fly it you will go for Aerosoft. It depends. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PilotAT2001 said:

I have a question, regarding the A330 from you and the Headwind A330. Today Headwind released a new version, based on the stable base of 0.10.0 from Flybywire. Flybywire has been rightly praised here on the forum a few times, their work is very impressive. The Headwind team works closely with Flybywire, the exterior model is good, and they are currently working on their own cockpit textures/ model, which already look very good in the Discord channel. So my question, what does Aerosoft want to do to compete with these freeware plane? The plane is currently already able to complete a lot of SOP, and I'm sure in the future, by working closely with Flybywire, it will only get better. Is Aerosoft's strategy to target the A330 purely at XBOX/ Cloud customers? Why should I as a PC customer spend about 40€ (estimate since the exact amount is not yet known) when there is a freeware product that offers a strong competitor product?

There's one big difference between the Aerosoft offering and the Headwind offering. Headwind has developed the A330NEO, that is to say A330-900 and in the future the A330-800. What Aerosoft is offering is the A330CEO, basically meaning the A330-300 with the RR Trent 700 engines (With more engine options potentially coming in the future *clears throat* GE and PW). This is two completely different airplanes we're talking about here and Aerosoft knows that there's a market for people who want the A330CEO. I'm also part of that group that is willing to pay for the A330CEO.

Not faulting the Headwind Developers, they're doing an amazing job with their development. But as a person that loves airplanes in general I would be willing to pay the cost to have a high-fidelity A330-300. For example, Airlines in my home country don't use A330NEOs, so if i wanted to realistically fly their routes, I would have to pick the A330-300 since that's what is used by the airlines in my country.

Aerosoft is also a company that has many developers working for them, they also release more than just airplanes. These developers have to be paid somehow and the company has to make money one way or another, so they have to charge for their products. Headwind on the other hand are made up of developers who develop the A330-900 in their freetime while balancing the other things in their lives (same with all freeware developers actually, Synaptic A220, Aero Dynamics DC-10, etc). They aren't a company with access to entire rooms of developers like Aerosoft, PMDG or TFDi.

Also over my time playing MSFS, I've grown to hate the phrase "Study-Level", nothing in MSFS is study level. That's not what MSFS is for. So I've grown to appreciate the phrase "High-fidelity" instead.

TLDR: Aerosoft doesn't have to compete with Headwind, since they're two completely different products. And there's a market for both offerings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PilotAT2001 said:

Why should I as a PC customer spend about 40€ (estimate since the exact amount is not yet known) when there is a freeware product that offers a strong competitor product?

• Semi-customised cockpit
  • based on FBW A32NX system

I believe these two points from the Freeware version should begin to answer your question.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Gents, please keep the focus on the Aerosoft A330. PilotAT2001's question does warrant a reply, but offering comparisons when the Aerosoft product isn't complete really isn't particularly useful today. When it's released, there'll be tons of videos and reviews to see and he'll make up his mind then. And if it's a rhetorical question, as in "Why should I spend X for A when B is free", the right answer is there isn't one. It's all opinion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 8

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Herman:

Gents, please keep the focus on the Aerosoft A330. PilotAT2001's question does warrant a reply, but offering comparisons when the Aerosoft product isn't complete really isn't particularly useful today. When it's released, there'll be tons of videos and reviews to see and he'll make up his mind then. And if it's a rhetorical question, as in "Why should I spend X for A when B is free", the right answer is there isn't one. It's all opinion.

Yes, I guess that's true, I should wait until the product is ready. And I'm far from saying that I categorically reject the product, I think the Headwind A330 is very good, but of course I'll look at the Aersoft A330 when it's released, and then decide if it's worth buying for me. I also didn't mean to hate (haven't been in the flight simulator communigy that long, but have noticed that Aerosoft is sometimes ridiculed, which I find completely stupid). Nevertheless, I find my question interesting from an economic perspective, because Aerosoft should / must deal with competitor products, and what influence they can have on the sales of their products. Especially the thought of what would happen if Headwind released their A330 in the in-game store (I'm aware that Flybywire said they won't, but in the last few months a lot has changed for the store, and Asobo is/ has been putting a lot of focus on it, and in 6, 9, 12 months a lot can change).

I wouldn't write like this either if Aerosoft hadn't made it clear several times that they wanted to appeal to "hobby simmers" with their product. I don't think this philosophy is wrong, and also think, as we have seen with the ATR, that this strategy can definitely work. However, I think with the responses here, especially when I read the that the local airline only has the 300, and you therefore want to fly this, the answer does not come from the average XBOX user. Furthermore, I think that theaverage XBOX MSFS player probably hardly follows the forum here. And does the average XBOX Simmer really cares, if he flys the -300 or -900 Version, especially when he gets the -900 Version fro free? I don't know. But I believe that this question should be relevant for Aerosoft.

I just think that a “for-profit company” should deal with this issue, maybe Aerosoft has an exclusive agreement with Asobo/ Microsoft that they will be the only A330 in the in-game store, I don't know, I would just assess the situation that if Headwind were to offer their product for free in the in-game store, it would definitely be an (big) economic risk. And isn't it the job of good management to predict risks in order to proactively respond to it. I also think it's sad that a critical question but very constructive is dismissed as Hate, just because you don't agree doesn't mean it's wrong.

• Upvote 2

Looking forward to enter my Office in Scandinavian Airlines Airbus with RR engines. I hope  MSFS version will be like the P3D with the wonderful howling sound when applying thrust,

Compared to  A340 the 330 is more nice in handling especially in roll rate,

In A340 You are a Bus Drive in 330 you are a Pilot (and System operator)

• Like 3

Good afternoon peeps, is there any info on how the Xbox players out there will be able to get a hold of more liveries? Will 3rd parties be allowed to release packs to sell on the in-sim marketplace or will we have to use the ones that come with the aircraft? 

• Upvote 4

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, II-SierraBravo-II said:

Good afternoon peeps, is there any info on how the Xbox players out there will be able to get a hold of more liveries? Will 3rd parties be allowed to release packs to sell on the in-sim marketplace or will we have to use the ones that come with the aircraft? 

AFAIK no. Repaints for xbox have to go via marketplace and as long as MS does not allow everybody to upload freeware to the marketplace, unfortunately no chance.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

AFAIK no. Repaints for xbox have to go via marketplace and as long as MS does not allow everybody to upload freeware to the marketplace, unfortunately no chance.

Ahh right ok, that's a shame, thanks for the reply :)

7 hours ago, PilotAT2001 said:

Yes, I guess that's true, I should wait until the product is ready. And I'm far from saying that I categorically reject the product, I think the Headwind A330 is very good, but of course I'll look at the Aersoft A330 when it's released, and then decide if it's worth buying for me. I also didn't mean to hate (haven't been in the flight simulator communigy that long, but have noticed that Aerosoft is sometimes ridiculed, which I find completely stupid). Nevertheless, I find my question interesting from an economic perspective, because Aerosoft should / must deal with competitor products, and what influence they can have on the sales of their products. Especially the thought of what would happen if Headwind released their A330 in the in-game store (I'm aware that Flybywire said they won't, but in the last few months a lot has changed for the store, and Asobo is/ has been putting a lot of focus on it, and in 6, 9, 12 months a lot can change).

I wouldn't write like this either if Aerosoft hadn't made it clear several times that they wanted to appeal to "hobby simmers" with their product. I don't think this philosophy is wrong, and also think, as we have seen with the ATR, that this strategy can definitely work. However, I think with the responses here, especially when I read the that the local airline only has the 300, and you therefore want to fly this, the answer does not come from the average XBOX user. Furthermore, I think that theaverage XBOX MSFS player probably hardly follows the forum here. And does the average XBOX Simmer really cares, if he flys the -300 or -900 Version, especially when he gets the -900 Version fro free? I don't know. But I believe that this question should be relevant for Aerosoft.

I just think that a “for-profit company” should deal with this issue, maybe Aerosoft has an exclusive agreement with Asobo/ Microsoft that they will be the only A330 in the in-game store, I don't know, I would just assess the situation that if Headwind were to offer their product for free in the in-game store, it would definitely be an (big) economic risk. And isn't it the job of good management to predict risks in order to proactively respond to it. I also think it's sad that a critical question but very constructive is dismissed as Hate, just because you don't agree doesn't mean it's wrong.

I don't want to detract from the work that FBW or Headwind are doing, but I tried both the Headwind A330-900 and the FBW A320neo and, honestly, they are light years away from quality, detail, performance and simulation of almost every payware out there. They don't fly well, they have a shitty VNAV, they don't even have top of descent and top of climb. And when I installed the developer version my sim crashed in the first flight, so I had to quit it.

Having said this, you are free to decide if you spend money on Aerosoft's A330 or not, it could not be otherwise. But I am pretty sure that even taking into account the limitations this will have in terms of simulation (you know, only normal operations) it will still be a decent payware-level high fidelity plane. Coming here to compare two products that are already released because they are freeware, with a product that it is not even released just because it is payware and discuss about Aerosoft's company policies, I feel it as a nonsense. I don't know how the Aerosoft A330 will be on MSFS, but I had the P3D v4 A330 from Aerosoft and it was impossible to compare it with what FBW or Headwind offers right now. And I don't wanna compare them, they are completely different thing. Of course I would love the Aerosoft A330 as detailed as the Fenix A320 in terms of simulation (comparing payware to payware makes a bit more sense), but that is not what Aerosoft want to do, it is not their objective, I respect it and I feel pretty well informed from the company before purchasing. So I know what to expect, more or less. Instead, comparing freewares with paywares is a silly thing.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Alvariteus said:

I don't want to detract from the work that FBW or Headwind are doing, but I tried both the Headwind A330-900 and the FBW A320neo and, honestly, they are light years away from quality, detail, performance and simulation of almost every payware out there. They don't fly well, they have a shitty VNAV, they don't even have top of descent and top of climb. And when I installed the developer version my sim crashed in the first flight, so I had to quit it.

Having said this, you are free to decide if you spend money on Aerosoft's A330 or not, it could not be otherwise. But I am pretty sure that even taking into account the limitations this will have in terms of simulation (you know, only normal operations) it will still be a decent payware-level high fidelity plane. Coming here to compare two products that are already released because they are freeware, with a product that it is not even released just because it is payware and discuss about Aerosoft's company policies, I feel it as a nonsense. I don't know how the Aerosoft A330 will be on MSFS, but I had the P3D v4 A330 from Aerosoft and it was impossible to compare it with what FBW or Headwind offers right now. And I don't wanna compare them, they are completely different thing. Of course I would love the Aerosoft A330 as detailed as the Fenix A320 in terms of simulation (comparing payware to payware makes a bit more sense), but that is not what Aerosoft want to do, it is not their objective, I respect it and I feel pretty well informed from the company before purchasing. So I know what to expect, more or less. Instead, comparing freewares with paywares is a silly thing.

I don’t fully agree with this, yes the A32NX isn’t fenix level but it does have vnav and TOD, I mainly fly the fenix but tried the FBW a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised by how good it was especially the audio. The headwind is lacking compared but that is a smaller team and will always be slightly behind the FBW model they are based off. I was originally really looking forward to this plane but as someone who only does standard ops this plane either needs to be a very good price for a long hauler or have incredible detail. The increase in popular to flight sim due to msfs has got more people interested in addons and the freeware market is incredibly popular so the payware developers do have to step up their game and make a price to justify that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Moo-Walk

"Hey guys anyone know what the situation is with wing flex and if it’s implemented and will be showcased?"

Um?

you see it on the photos!

clearly!

I am sorry to correct you, the A340 and the A330 have the same performance, the only difference is without two more maintenance engines and a little more fuel. The A340 is an aircraft that marked an era and gave great service, especially the A340-343 version.

vor 34 Minuten schrieb asturias:

I am sorry to correct you, the A340 and the A330 have the same performance, the only difference is without two more maintenance engines and a little more fuel. The A340 is an aircraft that marked an era and gave great service, especially the A340-343 version.

What? They have "similar" performance but not nearly the same. And saying those two more engines are just "maintenance engines" and the actual only difference is the fuel is an understatement. The A340 has a higher MTOW, and depending on Airline configuration +100 PAX more. Also the A340, depending on airline pax config etc., has a higher range than the A330. Saying that they are the same is like saying the 757 and the 767 are the same performance wise. While it might have some true aspects, I would rather call it similar than "the same".

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, asturias said:

have you ever seen a 340-300's climbout? Yeah now compare that with the 330. Big difference.

Now add that to a multitude of other operational, design and performance difference.

Different engine types, cockpit design and ecam displays, and many other technical parts that we dont see.

• Upvote 1