Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Please login to display this image.

Amazing photo dump

5 hours ago, EucalyptusTea said:

I hope it will be the A340-300/600 

It would make sene since its pretty much the same systems I think

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Filipe C said:

It would make sene since its pretty much the same systems I think

i pray they work on at least the a340-313 for the next airbus, it's the only airbus that makes sense, I'd be shocked if they did an a350 or the wa380 which is already being made

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, cwa alt said:

i pray they work on at least the a340-313 for the next airbus, it's the only airbus that makes sense, I'd be shocked if they did an a350 or the wa380 which is already being made

I think it’s mostly a320 because it was the one that started before a330 at the beginning of this post. Surly want to see a343 in msfs.

Just now, YAG said:

I think it’s mostly a320 because it was the one that started before a330 at the beginning of this post. Surly want to see a343 in msfs.

i thought since they already announced the a320 family then this next airbus would be a new plane, i might be mistaken though

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That's not easy right now... See, we have a got a ton of UI / Font issues, and things basically look like crap.  Now we are not worried by those and decided to clean all of that up at the end (basically because anything we do can cause more issues).  It's all stuff like this:

That's a 10-minute fix, but we got loads and loads.  And If we post any images, I know they will be around in 2029 to show how crappy the A330 was.  

I hope it's okay to show you another correction that needs to be done if it is applicable. The green line above the two triangles needs to be long I suppose as in the reference picture? It looks shorter than what is shown. Also the triangles need being a bit compressed and longer in the vertical plane. 

• Thanks 1

I know that Aerosoft is making the A333 and the one in the picture is an A332, but I'll leave the idea in case any creator is interested hehe

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10879640 (I not copypasting the image here in case there is a copyright conflict)

I also know that it will be released sooner rather than later in flightsim. But come on, at least have a look at that beauty livery

Greetings from Argentina

It’s so hard to decide where my money might go, here for the A330 or to PMDG for the 777. We always have the magic word, though: both.

I want to fly KLM and Delta long haul, but they both have complications:

KLM

-flies the 777

-flies the A330 but not this engine type, and might plan to retire them soon in favor of Boeing

Delta

-Retired the 777

-Flies the A330 but not this engine type

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Svend Loggerhead said:

It’s so hard to decide where my money might go, here for the A330 or to PMDG for the 777. We always have the magic word, though: both.

KLM

-flies the 777

-flies the A330 but not this engine type, and might plan to retire them soon in favor of Boeing

Delta

-Retired the 777

Don't think about it in this way. See which one of them can serve your needs on training and being in a full knowledge of it definitely as much you can, you will never be 100% aware of the aircraft you are simulating but the more the DLC can provide you for training, pick it up. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, ahmed2003 said:

Don't think about it in this way. See which one of them can serve your needs on training and being in a full knowledge of it definitely as much you can, you will never be 100% aware of the aircraft you are simulating but the more the DLC can provide you for training, pick it up. 

That sounds a lot like a recommendation for the 777 product as the AS Bus will only do normal SOP stuff. Just buy the AS A333 some weeks after release. It will be available way sooner and we can finally fly some Airbus longhaul flights in MSFS. And let‘s not kid ourselves, we will probably all buy that 777 (with or without EFB ;)) anyway when it is out. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/30/2023 at 10:07 PM, Tom said:

Hello folks,

For clarification and to add on top of what @Secondator has already said, any development updates or replies to suggestions/criticisms will come from those with the Aerosoft banner on the forum. Usually by either @Mathijs Kok, the project manager, or @Secondator, the technical project manager.  Those with the Deputy tag are volunteer forum moderators, and so messages from them on preview topics are generally of their own opinion rather than any official development statements.

We're sorry it took so long to give an official reply/update- but during weekends, the majority of Aerosoft staff are not available. I'm sure Mathijs will be back to providing regular updates as usual on Tuesday (Monday is a public holiday, so Aerosoft's offices will be closed).

I know this is my first post here but I have been following this thread for months as I am very interested on this project. Regarding this issue, it is good that Aerosoft finally managed to reply with solutions in a constructive way towards the community. However, it is not the first time that the behavior of that person causes problems to Aerosoft's image towards the customers. Maybe you should consider removing his deputy status. Regards.

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, Svend Loggerhead said:

KLM

-flies the 777

Delta

-Retired the 777

I cant imagine you will see the 777 any time soon.

• Like 1

@Mathijs Kok

Well, I hope the passengers on the Airbus A330 are ready for a bumpy ride because that plane has been known to make even the most fearless of travelers say "Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh-330!"

Why did the Airbus A330 refuse to go on a diet?

Because it was already A-heavy!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, M4cD said:

@Mathijs Kok

Well, I hope the passengers on the Airbus A330 are ready for a bumpy ride because that plane has been known to make even the most fearless of travelers say "Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh-330!"

Why did the Airbus A330 refuse to go on a diet?

Because it was already A-heavy!

My worst flying experience was on an A330! Aer Lingus 300 series from Frankfurt to Dublin. I thought we'd fall out of the sky!

Had a few dodgy Aeroflot A330 experiences too but that was just unruly passengers flying to Sakhalin.

Il y a 24 minutes, JasonmCork a dit :

Ma pire expérience de vol a été sur un A330 ! Série Aer Lingus 300 de Francfort à Dublin. Je pensais que nous tomberions du ciel !

J'ai aussi eu quelques expériences douteuses de l'Aeroflot A330, mais ce n'était que des passagers indisciplinés qui volaient vers Sakhaline.

me personally I have always traveled well in an a330 I took the corsair it was great 12 hours of flight as same and I took that of air algerie perfect also there is just the landing which I find hard on it

• Deputy Sheriffs
33 minutes ago, pierre_orchestre said:

Bonjour

Est-ce que lorsque l'A330 sortira pour FS20, nous pourrons importer les plans de vol de Simbrief par l'EFB? 

Bien a vous  

The search function in this forum is very usefull. ;)

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
15 hours ago, MikeHotelBravo said:

I hope it's okay to show you another correction that needs to be done if it is applicable. The green line above the two triangles needs to be long I suppose as in the reference picture? It looks shorter than what is shown. Also the triangles need being a bit compressed and longer in the vertical plane. 

Thanks!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

That sounds a lot like a recommendation for the 777 product as the AS Bus will only do normal SOP stuff. Just buy the AS A333 some weeks after release. It will be available way sooner and we can finally fly some Airbus longhaul flights in MSFS. And let‘s not kid ourselves, we will probably all buy that 777 (with or without EFB ;)) anyway when it is out. 

Probably yeah, I will buy both I need to prepare cash lol. However, I didn't specify a particular product as my reference mainly depends on one's need, if the one wants to learn about the a330 so that, no matter if failures are simulated or not cause knowing the normal operations is better than not knowing anything at all. In other words, some people may have a particular aircraft in their priority. And eventually its a market everyone look for his needs and buy according to it. 

Hello, I'm new here and hope everyone is doing well. I've been using this simulator for a while and, as someone who flies on the a330 regularly, I am very excited for the release of this aircraft. 
However, I have a request: Can Aerosoft please explore the possibility of adding a detailed cabin? I have read Mathjis Kok's explanations and I completely understand that it doesn't contribute to the flying aspect and I also understand that going ahead with this comes with a significant cost. But I think it would be a shame for Aerosoft not to experiment with this AT LEAST in one of their airliners, possibly just to see if it is a good business strategy. Again, I understand this isn't Aerosoft's top priority but I hope the Aerosoft team fulfills this ever growing request in the community, and of course it's a good opportunity to show off the dev's interior modelling skills!

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Ryeb said:

Hello, I'm new here and hope everyone is doing well. I've been using this simulator for a while and, as someone who flies on the a330 regularly, I am very excited for the release of this aircraft. 
However, I have a request: Can Aerosoft please explore the possibility of adding a detailed cabin? I have read Mathjis Kok's explanations and I completely understand that it doesn't contribute to the flying aspect and I also understand that going ahead with this comes with a significant cost. But I think it would be a shame for Aerosoft not to experiment with this AT LEAST in one of their airliners, possibly just to see if it is a good business strategy. Again, I understand this isn't Aerosoft's top priority but I hope the Aerosoft team fulfills this ever growing request in the community, and of course it's a good opportunity to show off the dev's interior modelling skills!

I fly the Fenix A320 very regularly and I personally almost never put cabin views. It was amazing at first, and my impression was just WOW... I couldn't believe what I was seeing. But at the end of the day when you fly the plane regularly you usually focus on other things that are happening in the cockpit. I personally believe that wing views with the window frame like in the PMDG are enough, but I would also like to have different interior sounds for those views as PMDG does as well on their 737.

I really prefer Aerosoft to focus on more important things about the simulation and, why not, the complete A330ceo family - first with the other engine options for the -300 and then with the -200 -, rather than spend time on that kind of things.

• Like 2

On 5/2/2023 at 4:43 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Damn. The external model looks soo good! 

• Like 1