Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

vor 22 Minuten schrieb Fynn X:

Here is my final statement regarding this "incident":

What is the purpose of such a forum if admins do not tolerate more than the usual amount of people expressing serious wishes and criticism? It was clear to me that the comments would all be hidden at some point, because everyone had a single wish that apparently will not be fulfilled and Aerosoft does not want to establish the image of a company that does not listen to its customers. It would have been nice if the request for a better engine sound had at least been answered in a customer-friendly way. That is seriously all we asked for. For example, if you had explained why the typical howl is not and will not be implemented. Just a small feedback to our wish. But it cannot be the solution to simply say that you should avoid the product if you are not satisfied with the sound. This simply cannot be the anwer of a professional company to a very large customer request. Hiding these posts takes away our voice, because although they are still visible to admins, the public will not be able to see the meaning of this feature request, leaving an impression to new readers that the public maybe does not care about the sound.

At this point, I want to get rid of one more thing: The "toxic" behavior (by the way, I would not say that expressing your opinion is equal to a toxic behaviour, you even said that almost all comments did not violate the forum guidelines (again, not a nice way to approach customers expressing wishes, you basically accuse them of toxic behavior without justifying it)) is the result of an even more toxic behavior of a certain moderator and you have to expect that criticism will be expressed if your colleague writes such unnecessary comments. I really hope that this moderator has now learned his lesson, because he manages to make customers look like annoying and unprofessional kids who have no idea of aviation by using an inappropriate choice of words. If you get more than 60 downvotes for two comments, it should be pretty clear that you need to change your attitude towards customers.

It should be a moderator's job to make sure everyone is treated fairly. But that is not the case here, customers are not treated with respect.

+1 for this, couldn't say it better!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 7

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Secondator:

Alright, I see that there has been bit of a storm building up here over the weekend. Some people are even claiming that we are not going to implement the howl sound at all. I don't know where such statements are coming from. But they have certainly not come directly from anyone involved directly with the A330 development. So here is a word from the development team to settle some things.

So first of all, yes, we are aware that the howl sound is missing from the work in progress video preview of the sounds. Now there are always some compromises to be made with previews, and sometimes it can be hard to balance between what's ready and what's work in progress. But we want to be able to show you guys the overall progress we are making with the project, while giving sneak peaks into the development process itself. This means, that pretty much any preview we give is always work in progress. And sometimes we even get good feedback on these previews to improve things further. EFB has few examples of that, where we added a feature mentioned on this very thread. When it comes to sounds, we understand that the howl is a distinctive part of the sound environment on Trent 700 engines. At the time we did not realise how much this sound missing would raise questions if the sound would be missing from the end product as well. So on the hindsight, we probably could have been more careful not to release that early preview of the sounds just yet, and do better quality control check over such preview to ensure that we post a preview only after the howl sound was implemented in there as well. I can only apologise on my behalf for any upset this issue has caused.

Now as for the howl sound itself. Our sound engineer has been working through the weekend and just today introduced a new sound set with the howl also being implemented. Of course for now, it's just the first version, and will still need some fine tuning. Maybe a new preview where this can be heard will follow at some point (in the end, it's up to Mathijs, I just deal with the technical side). But just wanted to settle the misconception that there would not be any howl at all implemented on the final release.

Great news!

Finally! an answer that makes sense and enriches the forum instead of writing "just be happy with what we showed you and do not buy it if you do not like it" (only these unnecessary answers led to the misunderstanding that some of us thought it will not be implemented - so the development team is not at all to blame for this confusion).

I think we all learned from this discussion, not only we customers, but also the moderators, that sometimes it is better to only focus on the actual job of a moderator (and not to discuss certain features with the customer) and that more direct information from the development team, for example, is what we actually need.

What a roller coaster of emotions, but luckily the balance has now returned, thank you so much for this statement! :D

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

6 hours ago, Tom said:

Hello folks,

For clarification and to add on top of what @Secondator has already said, any development updates or replies to suggestions/criticisms will come from those with the Aerosoft banner on the forum. Usually by either @Mathijs Kok, the project manager, or @Secondator, the technical project manager.  Those with the Deputy tag are volunteer forum moderators, and so messages from them on preview topics are generally of their own opinion rather than any official development statements.

We're sorry it took so long to give an official reply/update- but during weekends, the majority of Aerosoft staff are not available. I'm sure Mathijs will be back to providing regular updates as usual on Tuesday (Monday is a public holiday, so Aerosoft's offices will be closed).

Even if you took a month to respond there was gonna be no problem. The problem is the recurring karen attitude from a certain person that always kills the friendly mood in this forum.

• Upvote 3

Am 26.4.2023 um 14:16 schrieb TimJB:

They admitted it has low priority for them because the percentage of simmers that care about this is tiny compared to the number of people that use MSFS as a „game to play“ and not as a simulator 

That is definitely your own interpretation and not the wording they used at all.
The newly released ATR has Weather Radar btw...

Am 26.4.2023 um 16:51 schrieb Der Merowinger:

Yes, there is a "true" simulator out for a couple of years with a "really" WX and others - and with an AS A330; for years already! 😂 Why not using this instead of playing a game😁 and lamenting about Asobo?....It is called P3D...

And this WX Radar is only possible by use of an additional Payware AddOn. Your "true" simulator doesnt have this feature.

• Upvote 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Sandro Vitalini:

And this WX Radar is only possible by use of an additional Payware AddOn. Your "true" simulator doesnt have this feature.

Yes, of course. Forgot to mention this. 👌

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, P Astarto said:

Lil bit of day off Images....:)

User Made Livery and the SWISS default Aerosoft

Please login to display this image.

which airport the screenshot's with Garuda Indonesia liveries?

4 hours ago, Adi Fadli Nugraha said:

which airport the screenshot's with Garuda Indonesia liveries?

I’d guess WARR by Suruboyosim.

Hi Mathijs!

I remember that in the days of one of the A320-family projects (was it FSX or P3D? Can’t remember which iteration), you mentioned trying to model a very realistic 3D copilot in the cockpit, possibly even animated to interact with the cockpit and visually perform some actions. If my memory serves me well, this idea was abandoned not due to the visuals but to performance impact.
Back in the days you were arguing that the presence of this second person in the cockpit would massively improve the realism and immersion in the cockpit. I did and still do agree with this opinion.
I was wondering whether the better performance of MSFS and modern hardware would allow such a feature on this new series of Airbus? 

Of course, I’m well aware that such a feature is probably not planned at all, and will not make it to the product (at least for the initial release), but I was wondering whether the technical possibility would exist nowadays. Let’s keep dreaming…

On 4/30/2023 at 9:39 PM, Fynn X said:

What a roller coaster of emotions,

Perhaps, I could suggest leaving emotions at the door. 

An "emotional" reaction to something like sound in an add-on for an entertainment product is certainly conducive to toxicity, on top of being a little weird. And yes. This community (I mean the flight simulation community in general) does have a toxicity problem when it comes to addressing developers, whether it's Asobo, Aerosoft, or a number of others. 

I'm no moderator, but some of the comments I've seen on the sound definitely looked toxic to me and made me roll my eyes quite a bit. 

Moderators on this forum are pretty strict, and with good reason. The official MSFS forums are an example where moderation is extra tolerant toward negativity and the level of toxicity has been allowed to reach intolerable peaks, as the ATR thread perfectly exemplifies. I'd rather not see that happen here as well.

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 5

• Aerosoft
12 hours ago, Phlogopite said:

Hi Mathijs!

I remember that in the days of one of the A320-family projects (was it FSX or P3D? Can’t remember which iteration), you mentioned trying to model a very realistic 3D copilot in the cockpit, possibly even animated to interact with the cockpit and visually perform some actions. If my memory serves me well, this idea was abandoned not due to the visuals but to performance impact.

Indeed in MSFS the visuals would not be the issue. I mean just look at what is available for just $1000:

Adding 200,000 polygons to the flight deck would significantly impact the framerate, especially considering the intricate animations and interactions involved.

However... As this is such a hugely important element of the cockpit (what could be more important then the other human?) it is not something we have given up on. In fact....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Il y a 17 minutes, Mathijs Kok a dit :

Ahhh, rien à ne pas attendre. Pour être honnête, lorsque les gens ne comprennent pas le travail en cours (la couche de hurlement a été insérée aujourd'hui), qu'il en soit ainsi. Nous fermerons ce sujet maintenant et le rouvrirons lorsque nous aurons un nouvel échantillon à montrer. C'était de ma faute de montrer la vidéo.

En attendant, j'ai dû faire d'autres tests sur la modélisation, alors pourquoi ne pas montrer plus d'images ? Au fait, le mécanisme d'ouverture des fenêtres est sacrément complexe avec plusieurs animations en cours en même temps.

thank you for this photo I can't wait it's amazing how well detailed it is

• Aerosoft
On 5/1/2023 at 12:38 PM, Sandro Vitalini said:

Can you recommend a payware DLC that can accurately read data from the simulator? I'm only willing to consider options that use this method, as any other external weather source won't accurately place the rain fronts where they are in the sim.

We can make the weather radar reflect the ground quite well, as we've had this feature in P3D for the past eight years. This would allow for better navigation through the weather. However, without a functional weather radar, any deficiencies would be more noticeable.

• Upvote 3

Il y a 9 minutes, Mathijs Kok a dit :

En effet, dans MSFS, les visuels ne seraient pas le problème. Je veux dire, il suffit de regarder ce qui est disponible pour seulement 1 000 $ :

L'ajout de 200 000 polygones au poste de pilotage aurait un impact significatif sur la fréquence d'images, en particulier compte tenu des animations et des interactions complexes impliquées.

Cependant... Comme il s'agit d'un élément extrêmement important du cockpit (qu'est-ce qui pourrait être plus important que l'autre humain ?) ce n'est pas quelque chose que nous avons abandonné. En fait...

amazing this guy has the same haircut as me lol

18 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That comment won you a free A330; contact me at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com when we are released.

How lucky