Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

On 4/21/2023 at 6:02 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Please note I have told testers not to share images of the flight deck at this moment as there is a lot of tweaking needed.

So with the latest video just above it shows a small part of the flight deck - is the area in view complete/in its final form?

• Deputy Sheriffs
Just now, TomReborn said:

So with the latest video just above it shows a small park of the flight deck - is the area in view complete/in its final form?

The plane is still in development so everything you see is subject to change :)

Hi Mathijs, I have a question that is absolutely made out of my own curiosity (and I understand if you don't want to disclose that information).

What programming languages are the A330 being made on? Do the same languages are used for all aircraft (A330, CRJ, TO) or do they change depending on the aircraft to be created?

• Like 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
28 minutes ago, iLucasRT said:

Hi Mathijs, I have a question that is absolutely made out of my own curiosity (and I understand if you don't want to disclose that information).

What programming languages are the A330 being made on? Do the same languages are used for all aircraft (A330, CRJ, TO) or do they change depending on the aircraft to be created?

C++ (WASM), JS/HTML and some XML. It's relatively standard stack of programming languages across any aircraft project for MSFS. The exact approach which language is used for which feature is dictated by the feature and its requirements.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
19 minutes ago, iLucasRT said:

No problem telling you about that. The core of the product is solidly C++ That is simply because that is by far the most mature language.  

When we started this project we started with a code base that was in part 12 years old and split into 5 different projects. The fact we are delayed is that we wanted to get all that code into one build that would make it 'easy' to make more airbusses. That said, things like the EFB are in Javascript because that was the only option when we started it. If we would start that now we would at least consider doing it in C++.

In the end, what matters most to us is getting the project available on all platforms. PC, Xbox and Cloud. 

• Like 4

Hello,

I was looking at the Virgin Atlantic paint and noticed that it doesn't have the satcom/wifi dome? - I guess when you made the aircraft on P3D, G-VKSS never had the dome irl, however now it does.

Any chance of this being added?

Or is there a way users can add it manually? By like the cfg or something?

Kind regards

All this discussion about the ' Howl " sound, reminds me of the heated discussion about whether or not you could see the wingtip from the cockpit on the A320's in the days of FSX/P3D.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mopperle said:

This is indeed hard to answer. ;)

Because there is no answer. The real reason there's no cabin is because you need the performance so you can put it on xbox. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, HarryBRZz said:

Because there is no answer. The real reason there's no cabin is because you need the performance so you can put it on xbox. 

Yep. All because they are too lazy to make adjustments for an Xbox product to make an experience that is good for both Xbox and PC customers. PMDG did this, and I'm not even sure they made any adjustments. They just made a well-optimized product

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, SoarandSkor said:

Yep. All because they are too lazy to make adjustments for an Xbox product to make an experience that is good for both Xbox and PC customers. PMDG did this, and I'm not even sure they made any adjustments. They just made a well-optimized product

29 minutes ago, HarryBRZz said:

I mean they can do as the ini a310 which has cabin for pc and without cabin for  Xbox but it seems they are not going to do it at all.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8

• Deputy Sheriffs

Gents, as we all (should) know, the Aerosoft forums are a place to ask questions, get answers, and offer suggestions to Aerosoft. While some of that includes sharing opinions, via up-votes or comments, the opinions expressed recently on the Trent soundset have turned toxic. One of the roles of moderators here is to make hard choices regarding occasionally hiding (not the same as deleting) posts that are argumentative and polarizing. To return this thread to civility, I've hidden substantially all of the posts, positive and negative to be fair, regarding the engine sounds in their present state. In doing so, several posts that are well within community guidelines were hidden as well but only with the intent of "clearing the slate" on this topic. Mathijs' post a few posts up is the definitive statement on this for now. For those that are dissatisfied with the current version, by hiding instead of deleting the posts, your comments are still visible to Aerosoft staff, while making this thread far more pleasant and informative to those of us in the middle who are eager to get our hands on the A330.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1