Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft
5 hours ago, Ritch said:

Will the A330 still be able to operate like the default aircraft - i.e, will the aircraft follow the route I select on the MSFS default planner?

No, it really need a route planned via it's own MCDU. But that is not that hard, I promise.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, JasonmCork said:

or A321 Neo!

They have mentioned a few times they cant get the required information for the A350 tho.

A330 will be fantastic tho. A freighter DLC for A330 would also be nice :D  Bu baby steps and we wait for the A330 first!

The graphics team is already working on the next Airbus, so there will for sure be one. But at this moment we are unable to say what it will be. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3

Will the A330 have secondary flight-plan functions in the MCDU? Though I hear it is generally used in case of an abnormal situation (which I know is out of the scope of this rendition), I have also seen that it is occasionally used in some standard procedures such as circling approaches. Not an actual pilot so what I've said might not even be the case, just watched a couple instructional videos is all

vor 21 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Emi is a long time friend, he worked for me in support while training for his license.  So is already involved, and has free access to all we do.

Good to hear he is involved, as he is a fellow PMDG tester, I know he is very nitpicking…😉

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb JasonmCork:

or A321 Neo!

They have mentioned a few times they cant get the required information for the A350 tho.

A330 will be fantastic tho. A freighter DLC for A330 would also be nice :D  Bu baby steps and we wait for the A330 first!

I'm not entirely sure if an A321 neo would make that much sense as Headwind is already working on a fly by wire A321 neo which will (most likely) be very detailed and free

• Aerosoft
56 minutes ago, CharlieB00000 said:

Will simbrief or another charts application work on the EFB?

I believe you are a bit confused as SimBrief doe not offer charts.

But our EFB will get Simbrief flightplans, online weather (updated any time you want), Navigraph and NavDataPro charts.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, blanderrr said:

secondary flight-plan functions in the MCDU?

Secondary Flight Plan can be used but not limited to as follows:

During departure preparation:

Prepare in the following order of priority:

‐ Where available, insert EOPRO

‐ If weather is below the landing minima at the departure airfield, insert the route for an immediate diversion airport.

‐ If there is a chance of a change in runway, SID during taxi or takeoff from an intersection, prepare for it by copying the active fli

ght plan and making the necessary modifications (including performance).

‐ If none of the above is applicable, copy the active F-PLN, but modify it at a suitable waypoint for an immediate return.

During descent preparation:

The SEC F-PLN should be set bearing in mind the following order of priority:

‐ An alternate runway / approach type (as applicable), including PERF APP and GA pages.
‐ Engine Out Company procedure.

‐ If none of the above is practical, copy the active flight plan.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, JasonmCork said:

or A321 Neo!

Hope is the last that deserts a Man they say ;). Maybe when they announce a 360 or something they will loosen upp :).

As much as I enjoy the FBW stuff I will always go with AS offerings if they exist. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Heck, I trained him....

What about Real Airbus Pilot? He is my favourite Airbus streamer atm. I know at least that when he finally starts streaming this, I will be parked in front of the big TV and watch :).

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, it really need a route planned via it's own MCDU. But that is not that hard, I promise.

Oh I see.

With me being an Xbox player, I have always just used the built in flight planner but if I can't use that for the A330, I'll study on how to program the MCDU.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ritch said:

Oh crap. 

I'll have to do some serious studying.

If you know how to operate the A320 FMS it isn't going to be hard :)

Plus there's also lots of helpful youtube videos out there of how to program the Airbus FMS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, marcus_sweden said:

Hope is the last that deserts a Man they say ;). Maybe when they announce a 360 or something they will loosen upp :).

As much as I enjoy the FBW stuff I will always go with AS offerings if they exist. 

Yep, me too.

I spent a long time flying FBW A320 and then the 737 from PDMG came and reminded me that Payware is always better.

Exact same with AS.

19 hours ago, Polo said:

Secondary Flight Plan can be used but not limited to as follows:

During departure preparation:

Prepare in the following order of priority:

‐ Where available, insert EOPRO

‐ If weather is below the landing minima at the departure airfield, insert the route for an immediate diversion airport.

‐ If there is a chance of a change in runway, SID during taxi or takeoff from an intersection, prepare for it by copying the active fli

ght plan and making the necessary modifications (including performance).

‐ If none of the above is applicable, copy the active F-PLN, but modify it at a suitable waypoint for an immediate return.

During descent preparation:

The SEC F-PLN should be set bearing in mind the following order of priority:

‐ An alternate runway / approach type (as applicable), including PERF APP and GA pages.
‐ Engine Out Company procedure.

‐ If none of the above is practical, copy the active flight plan.

Yes, however if Aerosoft say they aren't going to do the non normal procedures what would the point of the EOSID be? On the flip side, you could argue that because this programming is done every flight it should be included, as then the product is a more accurate representation of a pilot's job

• Upvote 1

On 4/19/2023 at 11:39 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

I havent been using the mcdu just been letting flightsim input that from default planner guess i need to relearn mcdu again. Been 15 years since i used it. 

I cant do 3+ hrs long haul but to do the a330 hauls i need to fast fwd ahead to decent but flightsim most of the time loses engine sound or plane goes crazy so does anybody have tips to prevent this cause im not gonna do a 4 hr flight

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

First image from a beta tester!
We are in Beta 1. Means nothing of course as you have no idea how many beta runs we will do. Still....

Please login to display this image.

Only one word, WOW

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

¡Primera imagen de un probador beta!
Estamos en Beta 1. No significa nada, por supuesto, ya que no tienes idea de cuántas versiones beta haremos. Aún....

The tester has made a perfect photo and good time to make this beautiful photo. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

First image from a beta tester!
We are in Beta 1. Means nothing of course as you have no idea how many beta runs we will do. Still....

Wow stunning shot, so you are now in Beta and thats great. Does that mean everything is finished and gets now fully tested or are there things like FMC still missing?

• Like 1

Normaly, if an product enters beta-testing it is feature complete. But as Mathijs said there could be couple of betas follow. It all depends on how many bugs pop up and have to be fixed. Could be some weeks, could be some months until the product is so finished, that it could be released