Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

Il y a 4 heures, ahmed2003 a déclaré :

Regarde mon frère, le but de ce que Mathijs a dit est qu'il y a encore du travail à faire, qu'est-ce qui te sera bénéfique s'il a dit le travail spécifiquement ! chaque jour, je vérifie sur ce forum, j'espère de nouvelles photos, j'attends aussi désespérément, mais vous devez laisser les développeurs faire leur travail efficacement, je crois que nos questions les distraient. Faites ce que je fais en ce moment si vous avez du temps libre, allez regarder l'a330 cbt pour être prêt à le piloter une fois qu'il sera sorti.

thank you for this advice I am preparing all my future flights but I will already be doing fairly short flights with the 330

I don't want to be critical, especially when there is a huge effort in its development. I am going to be a buyer of the product without a doubt, but I have an important question. Shouldn't Aerosoft launch the product before other long-range products (e.g. FBW A380, ....) with a certain level of detail in order not to be disadvantaged in their project?, I said, it won't be my case but I think it will be the case of others.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, AHIDALGO1969 said:

I don't want to be critical, especially when there is a huge effort in its development. I am going to be a buyer of the product without a doubt, but I have an important question. Shouldn't Aerosoft launch the product before other long-range products (e.g. FBW A380, ....) with a certain level of detail in order not to be disadvantaged in their project?, I said, it won't be my case but I think it will be the case of others.....

I'm 99% sure this will be the first modern long hauler out of the lot. None of the other aircraft seem even close to release unlike the 330. 

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, AHIDALGO1969 said:

Of course, but that does not make a project go any faster. Finding devs that can code AND know aircraft systems are simply impossible to find.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, The Dude said:

No need to watch A330 CBTs, if you can fly the A320 in MSFS you can also fly the A330. (Sure, tell that the unfortunate pilot that wrecked his A330 during landing at an high altitude/high air density airport 😪)

From a pilot‘s perspective the aircraft are basically the same. What is different though is the ops. Best thing to do to prepare for A330 flights, imo, is to visit those far away airports you are going to fly to and do some „local“ sectors there with an A320 to get a feel for ATC/topography/procedural side of things. This will pay out dividends when going there with the A330 later on. Visiting some of those far away EDTO (ETOPS) airports with an A320 will also make you a more proficient future A330 longhaul pilot. 

Happy landings!

Yes, I agree with you the systems are almost the same but there are little differences in Electrical system as in the a330 is showed in two pages whereas on the a320 only a one page. Also, the hydraulic system, the main system is the green one unlike the a320 which is the yellow and that will require to start engine number one first, on the a320, we start engine number two first because our main hydraulic is the yellow one which pressurize our brakes. However, systems related to EFIS and the idea on how to deal with the aircraft is the same as MCDU, FCU, and all aeronautical screens. 

• Upvote 1

Take your time to make sure to bring a decent product on the market. Can not wait to finally fly this bird over the pond and back. 

Please take a look into the other two engine options after you have released the initial product and runs stable. I would even pay for these options :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ahmed2003 said:

Look bro the purpose of what Mathijs said is that there is still work to do, what's gonna benefit you if he said the work specifically! every day I'm checking on this forum hope for new photos I'm also desperately waiting but you have to let the devs do their work effectively I believe our questions distract them. Do as I'm doing right now if you have spare time go and watch the a330 cbt to be ready to fly it once it is released. 

The developers aren't answering the questions on this forum. We're not distracting anyone from any build at all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ritch said:

The developers aren't answering the questions on this forum. We're not distracting anyone from any build at all.

However, it's also good to let them focus on their work. Mathijs said when there is something new they are going to share it so what's the purpose of asking questions. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Long Haul Flying....

The problems with a 10 hour flight is that's ain't going to happen for me.. 

A flight takes for me about 3 hours: Handling, climb ,cruise warp flying or through the "travel to" wormhole, and then descent, approach and landing. 

I don't find many well functioning and good flying long haulers in MSFS at present, and they often seem to have problems with the "travel to" function.. "like NO flight plan" .... And if I increase the sim rate the plane often go haywire.

Does the A333 have a solution for "practical simmer time" for long haul?

An I soo much look forward to the A333.

All the best

Julean 

Frederiksberg, Greater Copenhagen - DK

• Upvote 2

737NG Driver on YouTube who is known for making his in-depth tutorial style videos on the 737 is converting over to an A330 type rating. A new tester incoming? 👀

• Like 3

On 4/17/2023 at 11:07 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Of course, but that does not make a project go any faster. Finding devs that can code AND know aircraft systems are simply impossible to find.

Dave from the Fenix team said on their discord this almost word for word yesterday. I imagine it's one of the chief challenges all msfs devs are facing right now. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jens Michlas said:

like NO flight plan"

Did you create and load the flight plan in the MSFS map view? If you load it into the airplane from SimBrief, then the travel to will show no flight plan, because to MSFS, there is no flight plan, as none was made in the map view. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
20 hours ago, TomReborn said:

737NG Driver on YouTube who is known for making his in-depth tutorial style videos on the 737 is converting over to an A330 type rating. A new tester incoming? 👀

737NG Driver has been on the AS (Test) Team since he was four or something. It was really interesting and a joy to see how he went from simmer to RW ATPL pilot. It was also very unfortunate that he was forced to fly 1950s tech in his first few years as a ReAL pilot. But now he will come back to the fold and fly modern aircraft like you would expect in 2023... ;) 

As he was a tester from day one for the FSX Airbus it will be interesting to see what YT content he will make when he has a RW Airbus Typerating and talk about his experience!

• Like 6

One thing that I didn't get from the interview. Were the others already working on other versions of Airbus or other airplane types altogether?

Realistically I think redoing the old Buses seems most likely but who knows :). If they finally get hold of Neo docs then maybe 350 isn't out of the question anymore.

24 minutes ago, marcus_sweden said:

One thing that I didn't get from the interview. Were the others already working on other versions of Airbus or other airplane types altogether?

Realistically I think redoing the old Buses seems most likely but who knows :). If they finally get hold of Neo docs then maybe 350 isn't out of the question anymore.

I would love a 321neo / LR but it sounds far off from the interview. 

As a (very basic) Airbus pilot on MSFS - I learnt to fly them from FS Academy's Jetliner addon - I can get from A to B and perform takeoff to ILS landings. 

Will the A330 still be able to operate like the default aircraft - i.e, will the aircraft follow the route I select on the MSFS default planner?

I have tried (and failed many times!) to programme my route myself into the FMC but I end up fluffing it up. Also, as I only have a couple of hours to spare each day, I am glad I can enjoy more flying without setting stuff up beforehand.

14 hours ago, Svend Loggerhead said:

Did you create and load the flight plan in the MSFS map view? If you load it into the airplane from SimBrief, then the travel to will show no flight plan, because to MSFS, there is no flight plan, as none was made in the map view. 

Hi Svend Loggerhead. 

I load in MSFS and to specific aircraft folders if demanded via Simbrief downloader... The Simbrief plan is loaded to MSFS and I in the sim load the flight plan through the MSFS set up for loading the flight.

🙂

2 hours ago, marcus_sweden said:

An A350 from AS would be absolutely incredible

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoarandSkor said:

An A350 from AS would be absolutely incredible

or A321 Neo!

They have mentioned a few times they cant get the required information for the A350 tho.

A330 will be fantastic tho. A freighter DLC for A330 would also be nice :D  Bu baby steps and we wait for the A330 first!

• Like 2

• Aerosoft
23 hours ago, TomReborn said:

Emi is a long time friend, he worked for me in support while training for his license.  So is already involved, and has free access to all we do.

• Like 6