Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

1 hour ago, DFWSupertrooper said:

@Mathijs Kok, I want to ask a question very diplomatically so that I avoid putting you in a tight spot, and elicit an honest answer if I may be so bold. Would you characterize this product as being aimed at an audience who typically buys PMDG-level aircraft, or would you be more inclined to say this product is aimed at a broader audience who may be more comfortable with a slightly simplified experience? I realize Airbus & Boeing experiences are quite different and I also really enjoyed your CRJ, so I want to be sure if I buy this, what I should expect.

I'm asking because form where I sit, this thing looks amazing. It appears to be a study-level aircraft with a user experience on par with other high-fidelity simulation products I exclusively adhere to nowadays. These previews, however, and following this development for a while, make me really want to get this ahead of other long range aircraft I would otherwise wait for. Would you say this is intended to be a study-level aircraft simulation, because it sure as Hell looks that way and I'm really getting excited!?

Incredible work!

It simulates the day to day operation of the aircraft. It's not PMDG level as you can practice failures and all the other boring button pushing.

I flew this way more than any other PMDG aircraft in P3D and I'm sure I'll be doing the same here.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Jeff McCord Soule said:

I literally joined this forum to see what was the latest for the A330. We're in DESPERATE need of a good long hauler. Sure hope it's coming out soon, looks great from the latest pics.

PS - any suggestion on a good widescreen monitor, HDR-10 certified (preferably) w/ Gsync?

A310 is just as fun as this aircraft. Go fly it for 11 hours on A330 routes.

39 minutes ago, Ozanyasar08 said:

I'm not really sure, but wasn't the aircraft supposed to be released on April? Idk if someone threw that just in here or if it was official, but if it was the case, I don't think the predictions are trustful anymore.

Don’t bother hoping for releases any time soon, the a330 was supposed to be released at the end of last year and now we are nearly in May so don’t get your hopes up.

• Upvote 6

On 4/10/2023 at 12:47 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

msfs, are you are real CRJ pilot? And if not how did you 'test' this? The real CRJ pilots never mentioned anything like that and even commented it could all be a bit sharper!

With "Flight control delay" you mean the pilot moves the control and it takes a while before the controls start to move? I can assure you this is not the case in the CRJ as it uses basically cables. On an A330 there IS a delay as there is no fixed connection and computers must handle the systems. So a few microseconds are for sure needed. 

Or do you mean the effect of the mass of the aircraft? If so the question if you are in fact capable of comparing that to a real CRJ is even more important. I honestly believe only a pilot would be able to give a correct comment on that. 

Point is, would the A330 have the microseconds of delay for the controls and steering input? Something that could give it a bit of "weight" (for lack of a better word) when flying and taxiing?

3 hours ago, CharlieB00000 said:

Don’t bother hoping for releases any time soon, the a330 was supposed to be released at the end of last year and now we are nearly in May so don’t get your hopes up.

I know, unfortunately people keep asking for stuff that aren't that important and in my mind (i might be completely wrong) but it's only slowing down the process thus pushing the release date! 

i'm sure i'm talking for many thinking it's about time they release it because honestly the game is coming pretty stale without the lack of good civil planes! let's just hope it won't take months till they release it!

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, jason boivin said:

I know, unfortunately people keep asking for stuff that aren't that important and in my mind (i might be completely wrong) but it's only slowing down the process thus pushing the release date! 

i'm sure i'm talking for many thinking it's about time they release it because honestly the game is coming pretty stale without the lack of good civil planes! let's just hope it won't take months till they release it!

I don't think this slows them down as they have employees or members dedicated to the forum and answering questions. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I will look into that. 

Update.... I asked our advisory pilots and they simply can't hear it on the flight deck. So we will not include that.

It might be a thing with focusing on flying the plane. In all the videos I've seen (checked as of now, it is there)

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxI0xyPIQ2_esM3-oPuhg3nl30nrqoU8iW

Time: 4:37

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxJcmWV8XJRKFbp3S4aB1YQw3GskCQbwZF

Time: 23:46

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxpbtzOLJtGwC_oK9Wvo3Ame9cn0W-QBmr

Time: 2:00

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
15 minutes ago, Ravenraxx said:

I got one important Question: Is it compatiple with Skalarki?

That is a question you need to ask Skalarki.
The A330, like most of the addons, uses Lvars and in-simulator assignments
It is the duty of Skalarki to be able interface the addons via these methods.

• Upvote 2

Il y a 5 heures, YAG a dit :

Je pensais que la durée de la vidéo était de 2 heures

the video and in the process of being edited it will be longer they answered me

15 hours ago, VBHB said:

It simulates the day to day operation of the aircraft. It's not PMDG level as you can practice failures and all the other boring button pushing.

I flew this way more than any other PMDG aircraft in P3D and I'm sure I'll be doing the same here.

I'm interested in standard flight ops and procedures being simulated accurately, not in-flight emergencies, so if in that way this is PMDG-level (to quote you), good enough. I'm excited to get back into learning Airbus again and doing some long hauls!

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
23 hours ago, Stacey said:

New to forum! Im waiting on the a330 release for xboxx.  Im returning to flightsim from fs2000 days been over decade lol!  Is their anywhere to read up on the a330 manual to get ready fir it? Online e manual ect? Be good to pass time reading up as i wait!!  Thanks

Not yet available but there will be a 'standard' PDFR manual and a e-learning manual.

• Aerosoft
22 hours ago, mholden020 said:

I agree that only a qualified pilot can make that assessment but it has to be considered that there are many control peripherals, a lack of "seat feel" and many other things that won't directly translate from a real pilot's experience to the sim.  I work for a company that makes racing simulation software and we do our best to mathematically match the input response of the real thing, but we still have drivers who use various different input devices that do not produce the same result as the real thing.  Essentially, we can make it so that an input produces the correct mathematical response, but since it's a computer steering wheel it doesn't "feel" right to the driver even though everything that gets produced is correct.  In probably 90% of the cases, that difference is down to the driver not having the physical influence from g-forces.  Here, this is not someone flying a real plane but someone is sitting at their PC and basically playing a video game and various input devices can produce varying results in the way a user interprets a response from an input.  Is it so wrong to not say we'll allow some freedom here? A CRJ is not a fighter jet, after all.

Fine comment! Thanks.

Indeed the controller and the controller settings are the main issue here.  We can only provide the base files but it is up to the user to tweak the sim or their controller profiles to their liking. But 'their liking' is simply not something we can deal with. If you have a whacky curve set up you can't expect the DLC to work fine with it.

In this case, the user was complaining there was no 'control input delay'. Now in a CRJ, there is no delay regarding the controls are they are steel wires. So we assume he means he feels the effects of that mass of the aircraft are not as he expects them to be. So I feel it is reasonable if we ask him if he is a real pilot.  The CRJ is not a fighter and the one we did does not behave as a fighter. Roll and pitch rates are as we found them in the documents, you can fly those pretty perfectly if you have a good stick and default curves. 

But yes, you are 100% correct, we have to make a DLC that customers believe is accurate. That does not always mean it is realistic. For example, 90% of customers want sounds as they hear them on YT vids etc, and do not follow the idea that a pilot has noise-canceling headphones and simply hears something totally different. And with each brand of headphones, it sounds totally different. So we do the sound as they know it from YouTube. 

Btw, would you be so kind as to send me a mail on mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com? I am looking for a person who knows about racing control hardware for a project we are considering.

Drop me a mail at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com when we release, you get a free copy.

• Like 6

• Aerosoft
18 hours ago, VBHB said:

Well, you are expected to push all the buttons the real pilot does for a standard flight... We just do not simulate things that are extremely rare.

For example a dual-engine failure. Ours will not behave as the real one in regard to messages on the displays. But it simply has never happened as far as everybody knows.  Same as an APU fire, never happened.  Not in the hundreds of thousands of hours the A330 flew.  

If you are looking for a simulation that simulates the simulators pilots train on, this is not what you want. 

• Like 6

• Aerosoft
20 hours ago, Dani-Zijlmans said:

Does the lower FMC (pointed on the radiopanel) has a intergrates ACARS (like CPDLC, etc)?

Not on release. We are begging the online ATC organizations to get together and define a standard interface.

• Aerosoft
18 hours ago, msfs said:

Point is, would the A330 have the microseconds of delay for the controls and steering input? Something that could give it a bit of "weight" (for lack of a better word) when flying and taxiing?

And you honestly believe you can feel the microseconds of delay? I mean 100 microseconds is the same as 0.001 seconds. There are a million microseconds in a second. 

But yeah, it will have that. The delay caused by the USB protocol and your controller is probably a lot more than the delay that an Airbus deals with.  That is more in the milliseconds.  

• Like 8

• Aerosoft
14 hours ago, JeremyBoyles said:

I don't think this slows them down as they have employees or members dedicated to the forum and answering questions. 

Indeed, I answer most here and I am just the project manager. I do not produce code, do not do serious tests.  So feel free to ask here. I assure you it will not slow down anything.  Besides, it is is 19:54 so I am not getting paid to reply here!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

• Tom unpinned and locked this topic