Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft
4 minutes ago, BlackLiverieZ said:

Okay, I can really understand your view very well. :) We are looking forward and in any case! 

To be honest, though, I gave some dates that were proven to be wildly incorrect, lol. 

• Thanks 1

To stop all these people from asking for a release date, maybe you should just tell them for how many months in the future its definitely 100% NOT releasing, just so it stops for a while...

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft
25 minutes ago, Siriuscs said:

To stop all these people from asking for a release date, maybe you should just tell them for how many months in the future its definitely 100% NOT releasing, just so it stops for a while...

Lol... here you are.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Lol... here you are.

You heard it here first guys, Mathijs just confirmed it'll be released in May!!!

Just joking of course, though I wouldn't be surprised if some people would take the answer that way 😅

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

no hate or anything but I don't understand why Aerosoft always takes so long for everything, pmdg has now managed to release 4 different variants of the 737 and we're all still waiting for an A330-343, especially since it was said to be 90% ready, soon half a year already...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

14 hours ago, Blxck Jxack said:

no hate or anything but I don't understand why Aerosoft always takes so long for everything, pmdg has now managed to release 4 different variants of the 737 and we're all still waiting for an A330-343, especially since it was said to be 90% ready, soon half a year already...

Well the PMDG aircraft are all 90% the same, most of the difficult stuff remains unchanged between variants.

Aerosoft has so far brought MSFS 4x CRJ variants and the twin otter. In addition to all of their sceneries. I expect that when this Airbus is complete, it will ease the workload a lot for any further Airbus aircraft they are planning.

• Like 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Folks, this isn't the place to compare Aerosoft and another respected developer. That's very much off topic. The post making the ridiculous statement about the relative number of releases from the two and wonders why "Aerosoft always takes so long for everything" compared to others is hidden for that reason, along with the replies.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Am 30.3.2023 um 19:47 schrieb Mathijs Kok:

The wings will bend when there is a g-force likely to cause a visible movement. On ground, or in air. 
We do not overdo the effect for effect's sake, though.  It remains a problematic animation as we can't match the correct frequency. 

Hi Mathijs,

i have a question and maybe you know it. when the real A330 is full of fuel, 76t, can some one tell from bent down wings in comparison to an empty plane? And if yes, do you find that someday this can be made visible with the MSFS limiations. For example: when i put some 140t fuel in the toliss a340, the wings bend down quite a bit.

Thank you :)

• Aerosoft
19 minutes ago, D O said:

For example: when i put some 140t fuel in the toliss a340, the wings bend down quite a bit.

I know, now I am unable to back up my claims, but I think they overdid that effect quite a bit.  Our wing will bend, but only as far as our data indicates it should. That's not much. 

• Like 1

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

I know, now I am unable to back up my claims, but I think they overdid that effect quite a bit.  Our wing will bend, but only as far as our data indicates it should. That's not much. 

yes, they did, by a lot 🙂 I Think you guys will do great work with your A330 so i don't mind and to be honest: almost nobody will ever recognize.

Thanks for your answer

• Like 1

can only say that I am very much looking forward to the Airbus and hope for a good system depth. I very much hope that there will be information about the release soon. Will there be more models after the A330?

8 hours ago, swan1100 said:

Well the PMDG aircraft are all 90% the same, most of the difficult stuff remains unchanged between variants.

Aerosoft has so far brought MSFS 4x CRJ variants and the twin otter. In addition to all of their sceneries. I expect that when this Airbus is complete, it will ease the workload a lot for any further Airbus aircraft they are planning.

Also those PMDG planes are still missing EFBs right?

I work for a company that also makes simulation software and I'm always surprised at how complex different vehicle systems are and how long they take to produce accurately.  The company I work for does automobile simulation and a lot of newer systems take a very long time to produce accurately, I can only imagine how much more complex aircraft systems would be to reproduce accurately.  Then on top of that we get a little tablet that does all the stuff it does...

On 3/30/2023 at 6:40 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I think it will default to the pax door in front of the wing.  MSFS needs one 'default' door that can't be altered.

Is this possible to change as GSX currently has pax go to 1L. 

on the headwind A339 the jet bridge goes to 2L but the pax go to 1L so don’t want it to look silly!

thanks!!

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, Thomas Shepherd said:

Is this possible to change as GSX currently has pax go to 1L. 

on the headwind A339 the jet bridge goes to 2L but the pax go to 1L so don’t want it to look silly!

thanks!!

It is not a good idea to move away from what the standard expects and GSX is not the standard. And as the other user said, you can change the GSX profile.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor einer Stunde schrieb mopperle:

It is not a good idea to move away from what the standard expects and GSX is not the standard. And as the other user said, you can change the GSX profile.

Remember MSFS can currently handle only one jetway. To which door the jetway will be connected is defined in the plane settings. For the Aerosoft A330 this is the door 2L according to RL when only one jetway at a gate is available and GSX uses the same MSFS function to connect a jetway. This only works in MSFS and with GSX if the plane has stopped at the right position. If the AFCAD file is not correct ,the jetway will try to connect to 1L or fails to move at all. But in GSX you have the opportunity to modify the stop-position so that always the jetway will always be connected to door 2L.

This masterfully created A330 makes me very curious, and I am reading this thread for months now and never posted, but the flow of new screenshots has stagnated a little bit. I would like to see some screenshots of the engines, especially of the low-pressure exhaust turbine and the N1 fan (and the engine core compressor inlet). :)

By the way, the A330-200F is a great freight ship, is a cargo variant planned?