Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft
On 3/27/2023 at 7:01 AM, mikkel said:

Any chance of Aerosoft working directly with Asobo to get the wheel physics correct down the line? Seems like they are working on updating the ground dynamics...The A330 is in an interesting case. Would be cool if it were all simulated and not animated.

Microsoft is fully informed about this. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
On 3/27/2023 at 4:10 AM, Tadashimonster said:

Will all of the overhead panel Buttons work in the Aerosoft A330? 
or will only the necessary ones? 

What exactly would you like a knob that sets the temperature in the cargo hold to do?

• Like 2

• Aerosoft
On 3/27/2023 at 6:27 PM, Pilotefr said:

the integration of wasm makes things easier for you? or it's still too soon thanks

For the PC version? No.

For the Xbox/Cloud version, we have to see but it certainly is what we needed to start with!

• Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
On 3/27/2023 at 6:45 PM, Jacob Holz said:

Hi there :) - Would be interesting to know, whether u guys have planned to also add some ground equipment, like some kind of stairs, like the Fenix 320 has.
Guess this would enhance the experience at smaller airports, that don't have integrated ground equipment, or no jetways but still are able to handle the 330...

Kind regards 

Of course, we trigger the standard sim objects.  So as the sim evolves or if others add new objects, it will always use the best option.  On all platforms, PC, Xbox. Cloud.

Please login to display this image.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The EFB is more or less completed, we are just seeing if we can include an option to make SimBrief Downloader not needed. When the EFB has the flightplan we are able to send it to the MCDU. But it is a bit complex (would you believe this can only run at a few bytes a second?)  and we are not sure if this makes it into the V1 version.

Most other work is on the hardcore systems right now. Let me give you an example from the meeting we had this afternoon. This a fix list from one of the devs.

• - merged latest FMGS into flying_testbed
  • - bug fix: ND CPT: Brightness blue shine corrected
  • - bug fix: Blue shine of all ECAMs, PFDs and NDs now connected to according electrical power supply
  • - some electrical condition changed from former LVARs to internal structure usage now
  • - Uploaded new flight_model.cfg provided by Stefan (Interactivepoints 1-4 adapted according to Rolf)
  • - several bug fixes electrical power supply button and background lights
  • - bug fix: FOB indication on Upper ECAM now rounded to nearest 10 kg/lbs (now same value as on FUEL page on lower ECAM) 
  • - bug fix: Several lat/lon positions on NDs were partly truncated resulting in false drawing position
  • - removed preset of button light power to allow e.g. cold&dark with correct disabled elec power
  • - bug fix: FUEL, ELEC, HYD, AIR: Several button lights now only light up if according electrical power available
  • - bug fix: RMPs: Some button lights connected to power supply
  • - bug fix: Elec power button lights for BLEED AIR switches in OVHD
  • - dimm function added for NDs
  • - dimm function added for both ECAMs 
  • - some dimm function code unified for NDs and ECAMs
  • - FCU display: Dimm function added
  • - ECAMs: Power Off position added to brightness dimming
  • - BAT gauge: Dimm function added
  • - XPDR gauge: Dimm function added
  • - RUD TRIM gauge: Dimm function added
  • - RMP displays: Dimm function adapted
  • - ND displays: Dim function adapted
  • - bugfix: ND PLAN mode: White border line of map shield removed
  • - bugfix: ND PLAN mode: White arrow pointing EAST corrected
  • - ND PLAN mode: aircraft symbol added (position WIP)
  • - ND PLAN mode: drawing of flight plan waypoints added
  • - ND PLAN mode: drawing of flight plan legs added

You see, some are serious, and some is not. But it all needs to be done. Progress is good.

Thank you, Mathijs. We all appreciate the hard work you are doing.

Can't wait to set thrust levers to FLX MCT and cruise this baby down the runway.

I think this is the aircraft I have most been anticipating for msfs :)

Best,

Pierre Wanga

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Of course, we trigger the standard sim objects.  So as the sim evolves or if others add new objects, it will always use the best option.  On all platforms, PC, Xbox. Cloud.

Here you said "best option", does that include gsx compatibility from the start? It would be really nice to be able to load and unload with gsx if you have it. Not a need, but definitely a pretty nice/convenient want.

• Aerosoft
2 minutes ago, SoarandSkor said:

Here you said "best option", does that include gsx compatibility from the start? It would be really nice to be able to load and unload with gsx if you have it. Not a need, but definitely a pretty nice/convenient want.

I see no reason why some customers would not make that GSX profile an hour after release and share it. 

The issue is that if we do it we need to support it and just this afternoon I had GSX having issues making a path for pax to an aircraft.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Mathijs Kok:

What exactly would you like a knob that sets the temperature in the cargo hold to do?

I think the question was more meant like if those knobs would be able to turn/be pushed, even if they don't have a function behind them. At least that would be my question.

• Aerosoft
4 minutes ago, PaulRoeder said:

I think the question was more meant like if those knobs would be able to turn/be pushed, even if they don't have a function behind them. At least that would be my question.

Okay, but the click zones and animations have a serious impact on memory use and framerate. The computer has to check many times a second if you did not click any of these things that have no function.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The EFB is more or less completed, we are just seeing if we can include an option to make SimBrief Downloader not needed ... and we are not sure if this makes it into the V1 version.

I honestly wouldn't mind having to use the SimBrief Downloader if needed, I'm pretty used to it being used all the time now anyway due to PMDG's ways of importing flight plans. May go for a lot of us here or maybe not as many of us, but I'm sure it wouldn't be a fuss as a temporary workaround :)

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

what door will the jetways connect to? Possible for it to be altered?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BlackLiverieZ said:

I have to get something off my chest.

I think it's great how the dialogue between us and @Mathijs Kok is. Something like that is not self-evident!

There are many developers from whom you really hear nothing. You never know how the product will be and is it worth the money.

For this, first of all, thank you very much!

But!

And that is really not meant badly. Can you not finally give us a rough direction when we can expect this wonderful plane?

I think I am not the only one who is always happy about new pictures and info. I think I really speak for everyone when I say that we are

really looking forward to the plane and can hardly wait :)

This would really be the first long range aircraft in the MSFS that you can really work well with and which is also an aircraft that many fly.

Of course, this is just my personal opinion ;) 

Dear @Mathijs Kok I know that we should not keep asking these questions about publication. I just want to show you with this post once again how much we appreciate your work and how much we look forward to it. Do not take it amiss if we ask again and again :)

What we have seen so far is really wonderful!

Big praise to the guys and girls working on this plane.!!

Aerosoft and PMDG both got bit by giving out rough estimates for release dates on their products in 2022 and I think both learned the lesson to never ever do that. As much as I would also enjoy a date to look forward to the reality of it is that complex plane design in MSFS seems to not allow for that if you want to deliver a quality product. We will have it when it's ready.

• Like 3

On 3/29/2023 at 1:28 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Obviously, set the temperature in the cargo hold.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
18 hours ago, Thomas Shepherd said:

what door will the jetways connect to? Possible for it to be altered?

I think it will default to the pax door in front of the wing.  MSFS needs one 'default' door that can't be altered.

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, BlackLiverieZ said:

And that is really not meant badly. Can you not finally give us a rough direction when we can expect this wonderful plane?

I think I am not the only one who is always happy about new pictures and info. I think I really speak for everyone when I say that we are

really looking forward to the plane and can hardly wait :)

I understand the feeling. But in the past, I did try to give estimates as honestly as possible and got badly bitten because people saw this as promises.

• Like 5

• Aerosoft
4 minutes ago, dkaper said:

Obviously, set the temperature in the cargo hold.

Duh... and that is not a sim variable, so it would do exactly nothing.  What exactly do you think changes for a pilot when the temperature in the cargo hold is 16 or 22 degrees? 

What it will do is eat up framerates and memory, click zones are very expensive in that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• Aerosoft
20 hours ago, alen6 said:

Will there be a bit of wingflex on ground? 

The wings will bend when there is a g-force likely to cause a visible movement. On ground, or in air. 
We do not overdo the effect for effect's sake, though.  It remains a problematic animation as we can't match the correct frequency. 

• Like 1

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

I understand the feeling. But in the past, I did try to give estimates as honestly as possible and got badly bitten because people saw this as promises.

Okay, I can really understand your view very well. :) We are looking forward and in any case! 

• Tom unpinned and locked this topic