Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Might be so, but Aerosoft just refers to the official Airbus documents. But anyway, I think this discussion can be closed at this point, as the question has been answered which fuel capacity is being modelled.

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 hours ago, andre760li said:

That is right, BUT as I said, the Lufthansa and EW-Discover A330-343X´s have a max capa of 78t. Defenetly 78000kg! That´s neither the "standard" capacity, nor the capacity with extra tanks... that is the reason why I ask.

It's good to remember that the limiting factor of the tanks is volume. The version we are modeling currently for initial release is the version without center tanks. Total volume of the tanks is 97 530 litres.

Now, how much that makes in terms of kg depends on what fuel density you use. And fuel density depends on several factors. Different companies might use different fuel densities on their documentation. The standard fuel density used by Airbus is 0.785 kg/l. This is also the fuel density that we use in our calculations. Using this density we get 76 561 kg as the fuel weight for the maximum fuel volume. But of course, it's not wrong to say that the aircraft can hold 78 000 kg of fuel. It's just a different density value used.

A330-343 itself refers to the specific engine model. In this case Trent 772B-60 or Trent 772C-60. Our model rocks the Trent 772B-60 engines (and as said previously, has no center tank option installed). In the real world, there are A330-343s with and without center tanks installed.

• Like 9

Hello there, just to clarify something.

On your basic livery announcement you say that the OO-SFB is a Eurowings aircraft, i know it might confuse people, but this aircraft is not a EW one, it is a Brussels Airlines plane. This aircraft never flew for Eurowings.

To put some history behind that, bascially what happened is back in 2018/2019, the Lufthansa Group (Owner of Brussels Airlines as well as Eurowings) wanted to merge both airlines into Eurowings and created the "Eurowings Group". This action would've led to the phase out of the Brussels Airlines brand, and started by repainting some aircrafts : (A320 : OO-SNN; A330 : OO-SFB, OO-SFJ; and the 2 A340-300s that came from LH to SN but were flying for EW : OO-SCX and OO-SCW). 

This within the Brussels Airlines crew associations was seen as very bad and went on strike.

The Belgian Government was also infuriated as this was the second time that Lufthansa throughout their subsidairy was willing to make the National Belgian Airline brand disappear (like they did in the early 2000s with Sabena and Swiss) and decided not to agree to that plan, but the planes were already repainted before it was decided to not go ahead with the merger.

So in order to get that livery well referrenced, it should be written as Brussels Airlines OO-SFB, not Eurowings.

Hope that this will help, and brings a bit of indirect A330 history.

I'm excited to see this plane in our desktops.

Best regards,

Dylan

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Would love to see flap animations from the window view, hope they look as perfect and beautiful as the real a330 flaps, looking forward for this project 

• Like 3

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, KianAlli28 said:

@Mathijs Koksince you are going to try to get the marketplace version out at the same time as the website version will you be waiting for the update tomorrow so you can self test it - Also will the marketplace version have prices varied per country as every other marketplace product does because it will make it so much more affordable here in Turkey😊

While the code will be provided to the Marketplace folks at release and given Microsoft has taken action to reduce the "lag" between outside source release and Marketplace release, there's still every reason to believe there will still be some. There is ample reason to believe it will be much less than formerly. As to whatever "update tomorrow" you're referring to, the A330 is far enough away from release to not be affected by something tomorrow. As noted by Tom in his very helpful FAQ, when release is imminent, there will be information available, probably including pre-release copies to trusted and reliable community streamers.

As for Marketplace pricing, I believe that's a Marketplace call and not likely to be much affected by Aerosoft. As Tom also mentioned in the FAQ, a price has not yet been set, so it can't be commented on.

7 hours ago, Herman said:

While the code will be provided to the Marketplace folks at release and given Microsoft has taken action to reduce the "lag" between outside source release and Marketplace release, there's still every reason to believe there will still be some. There is ample reason to believe it will be much less than formerly. As to whatever "update tomorrow" you're referring to, the A330 is far enough away from release to not be affected by something tomorrow. As noted by Tom in his very helpful FAQ, when release is imminent, there will be information available, probably including pre-release copies to trusted and reliable community streamers.

As for Marketplace pricing, I believe that's a Marketplace call and not likely to be much affected by Aerosoft. As Tom also mentioned in the FAQ, a price has not yet been set, so it can't be commented on.

Will the 330 be released on steam?

• Administrator
3 hours ago, CONWAY J said:

Will the 330 be released on steam?

PC Marketplace content is automatically available on both PC platforms (Steam & Microsoft Store/Xbox App), so you'll be able to purchase it via the in-game marketplace if you're running the steam version.

• Aerosoft
On 3/17/2023 at 10:07 PM, TRG_Instinctz said:

@Mathijs KokI had a question regarding how realistic do you think the landing gear tilt is. For example, on the a339x when you land, the gear is too hard and does not act like a spring ( like on real a330).

If you search this topic, you will see it has been discussed a few times. The issue is that the sim does not offer the animation we need, so we have to link animations (nothing new there, FSX and P3D had the same) and we think it looks okay. We have not yet tested the damping, but with input from our pilots, I have little doubt we can get that correct.

• Like 3

• Aerosoft
On 3/18/2023 at 11:04 AM, Aerofly Clips said:

@Mathijs KokI'm still a beginner in the airline scene.  So I wanted to ask if there are pre sets, such as the direct import of a Simbrief flight plan into the mcdu or pre sets for the condition of the aircraft (cold and dark, ready for take off,...)

Yes, yes and yes.

• Like 2

• Aerosoft
On 3/23/2023 at 9:56 AM, KianAlli28 said:

Will the marketplace version be on immediately after release or will it be days after?

We hope it will be as close together as possible and are discussing that with Microsoft.  Xbox/Cloud delivery will take a while as testing on that platform can only start when the product is inserted in the MS system.

• Like 2

• Aerosoft
On 3/24/2023 at 10:24 PM, NovemberTangoJuliet said:

Surely, by the time the A330 is finally released, the next Airbus will be right around the corner! 

Well, we have never said what we will do, but yes, more Busses will be easier to do as we made our code as Airbus Industries did. Once code base for a family of aircraft.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If you search this topic, you will see it has been discussed a few times. The issue is that the sim does not offer the animation we need, so we have to link animations (nothing new there, FSX and P3D had the same) and we think it looks okay. We have not yet tested the damping, but with input from our pilots, I have little doubt we can get that correct.

Any chance of Aerosoft working directly with Asobo to get the wheel physics correct down the line? Seems like they are working on updating the ground dynamics...The A330 is in an interesting case. Would be cool if it were all simulated and not animated.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hi there :) - Would be interesting to know, whether u guys have planned to also add some ground equipment, like some kind of stairs, like the Fenix 320 has.
Guess this would enhance the experience at smaller airports, that don't have integrated ground equipment, or no jetways but still are able to handle the 330...

Kind regards 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I recall previously that the team is working on systems such as the EFB. Could you provide an insight as to some remaining items in the system category or if there is anything else to be worked on after the systems?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this has been asked already.

• Upvote 2

On 3/27/2023 at 3:10 AM, Tadashimonster said:

Will all of the overhead panel Buttons work in the Aerosoft A330? 
or will only the necessary ones? 

I asked this just a couple of pages back. 

I am so exited by this plane , just wished it was before the Cross the Pond , MSFS has really NO proper long haul planes .

But no rush , will patiently wait for this launch . . . 

I will just give my slot up again this time ,  :(  

Regards

Lawrence

• Like 4

• Tom unpinned and locked this topic