Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

21 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I still can use two more A330 crew members to advise us. If you want to assist -> mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com.

To those who did send mails, all will be replied tomorrow.

I look forward to receiving your email😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, anndrew said:

Will there be updates to the product down the line after release, through the sim updates that might break the plane or whatnot?

Of course. 

• Our FSX Airbus aircraft had 73 updates.
  • Our P3D Airbus aircraft had 112 updates.
  • Our MSFS CRJ had 9 updates (and yes, I know, more are needed and in fact will come, loads have already been done)
  • Our MSFS Twin Otter had 11 updates.

The longest period a sim update made our products unusable was 33 hours (before we had an update available in our shop, we simply do not control the Marketplace and other shops).

Now with updates, the thing is that at a certain time, you have to close projects. We closed all our FSX, XP9 and P3D projects. But all our internal projects for more modern versions of the sims are still open. We still collect issues and we still try to provide fixes. 

• Like 6

• Aerosoft
44 minutes ago, Black2306 said:

Mathijs, thx for your photos of 330. It looks great!

Not mine.... one of my testers send me these. 

Actually, I did not do much today, talked to PMDG, and spend some time on the flight model. Cleaned my office. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The longest period a sim update made our products unusable was 33 hours

This is impressive compared to other developers. I hope that in the future Asobo will not break MSFS2020 too much

• Aerosoft
18 minutes ago, Black2306 said:

This is impressive compared to other developers. I hope that in the future Asobo will not break MSFS2020 too much

The testing procedures for publishers have been refined in the six months. There is little defense if you are not ready for an update.

Now I am almost 100% sure that somewhere in the future somebody will quote this post to hit me over the head. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Один из тестировщиков только что прислал мне это.

Please login to display this image.

Great screenshots, but what are those thin gray stripes on the wing?

Il y a 5 minutes, Ярослав Подъяпольский a dit :

De superbes captures d'écran, mais quelles sont ces fines rayures grises sur l'aile ?

it doesn't have a scratch it's an effect that the modellers have done very properly for having worked on a330s you have the fuselage plates which are superimposed it has this effect Mathijs will confirm if I'm right

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

One of the testers just send me these.

The one in the photo of the engine, I love it, its color and the reflection that seems so real 

16 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

One of the testers just send me these.

Looks like this warning sign on the left engine was mirrored from the other side.

On 3/13/2023 at 8:14 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Multi-crew is super important for us.  There is no A330 pilot, there is only an A330 crew. 

Yet, we (like PMDG as well for example) decided all we do has to be PC/Xbox/Cloud compatible. If you only focus on PC you simply lose a serious percentage of customers. And that means these options might be a bit limited, to be honest, we have not yet looked at this in depth. But as said, and we have shown, we do feel strongly about this.

Have you been in touch with the FS2Crew developers? I think they do an excellent job simulating multi-crew (I can't fly the 737/A320/CRJ without FS2Crew anymore), and giving them support as the aircraft devs might enable some very cool features to be in place. Just a thought!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Pilotefr said:

But not on the wing.

Mod Edit: Copyrighted picture removed. If you need to use one (as here, which shows the poster's point), use a link to the site with copyright authorization.

vor einer Stunde schrieb HarryBRZz:

The lighter lines are rivets. Although a little more pronounced than IRL.

Thats what I was thinking. But I think no one would complain if these two thin grey stripes would be removed. Without these I would have thought this being a real photo.

I am honestly a bit shocked about one or the other here.

Of course, you want an aircraft where the paint job looks great. But I ask you, can not you save these little details at least here in the forum? I think the majority of people here are interested in the function of the A330 and not whether the paint job was done with the right font. For that there are creators like me, who sit down and conjure up a TOP paint job for you.

Sorry that had to be said once :)

I am very much looking forward to the plane !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

• Aerosoft
10 hours ago, CaptainLHKLM said:

Have you been in touch with the FS2Crew developers? I think they do an excellent job simulating multi-crew (I can't fly the 737/A320/CRJ without FS2Crew anymore), and giving them support as the aircraft devs might enable some very cool features to be in place. Just a thought!

Of course. I will assume they cover this aircraft. 

But there is a big difference between a real person and FS2Crew. 

• Like 3

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, Flying_Timm said:

Did you ask when their EFB will actually come? (or UFT)

Actually, indeed I did!

As you may know, there is a very open flow of information between PMDG and 'my' teams. Very few secrets and a lot of trust. We know they have issues there and we have told them we would be happy to offer any assistance. I would be happy to send them the complete code of the A330 EFB if it would help them. 

• Like 7

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, BlackLiverieZ said:

I think the majority of people here are interested in the function of the A330 and not whether the paint job was done with the right font.

I agree, but until I got something to sell I will settle for something to talk about, lol.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Tom unpinned and locked this topic