Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

3 minutes ago, Filipe C said:

Hello, is there any possibility to have a sound preview?

Since the Trent 700 is one of the best sounding engines

Oh yeah, the sound of this bird is a separate art form.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Pilotefr said:

I have a question, is it complicated to create a price for a product? do you base share in relation to market and demand?thank you for the answer

It is incredibly difficult. For starters, PC users seem willing to pay a whopping lot for DLC than Xbox/Cloud users are willing to. As we really see this as one market where we want to offer the same thing on all platforms this is problematic. We see the same with Marketplace where prices are overall lower then we were accustomed to. 

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It is incredibly difficult. For starters, PC users seem willing to pay a whopping lot for DLC than Xbox/Cloud users are willing to. As we really see this as one market where we want to offer the same thing on all platforms this is problematic. We see the same with Marketplace where prices are overall lower then we were accustomed to. 

I think you shouldn't compare your product and those on marketplace yours and much better and then aerosoft it's the reference the 777 of captain sim part example and really badly finished and the cockpit and that of the 747 part default I bought this product with regret so do not hesitate to put the price you will see it will sell

• Aerosoft
11 hours ago, Pilotefr said:

I think you shouldn't compare your product and those on marketplace yours and much better and then aerosoft it's the reference the 777 of captain sim part example and really badly finished and the cockpit and that of the 747 part default I bought this product with regret so do not hesitate to put the price you will see it will sell

Well things like PMDG are also on the Marketplace....  I agree not everything there is what we came to expect with the much smaller market for P3D, but there are gems for sure.

The product like you refer to are indeed not very exiting and not good for the hobby as a whole. They do have their own market though and seem to sell well. 

• Like 1

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Well things like PMDG are also on the Marketplace....  I agree not everything there is what we came to expect with the much smaller market for P3D, but there are gems for sure.

The product like you refer to are indeed not very exiting and not good for the hobby as a whole. They do have their own market though and seem to sell well. 

msfs community is completly different to any other flight sim community sometimes i just go on twitch and im suprised that around 1/3 of the people streaming it have no clue about aviation they are just cruising with the default a320 at 20 000 feet with the landing gear extended in the outside camera view . I think this summaries the community and the "game" pretty well. Msfs is also included in the game pass so most of the people didnt bought it and play it once or rarely to visit their house or just because its beautiful. I know a lot of people are annoyed by this but i think its good for everyone. Especially for developers i hate captain sim but i think this genius made more money with the 777 then pmdg did with their 737 just because the casual msfs player dont care about realism or in depth systems how could they if they play this "game" with a x box controller on their x box s sitting on a sofa and they are very more likely to spend 20 euros for a bad plane then 60 euros for a good one if they dont even know how to turn it on. Im damn sure if u release this plane for 1 euro u would make more then with the p3d version.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Cockbrett Btw said:

msfs community is completly different to any other flight sim community sometimes i just go on twitch and im suprised that around 1/3 of the people streaming it have no clue about aviation they are just cruising with the default a320 at 20 000 feet with the landing gear extended in the outside camera view . I think this summaries the community and the "game" pretty well. Msfs is also included in the game pass so most of the people didnt bought it and play it once or rarely to visit their house or just because it’s beautiful. I know a lot of people are annoyed by this but i think it’s good for everyone. Especially for developers i hate captain sim but i think this genius made more money with the 777 then pmdg did with their 737 just because the casual msfs player dont care about realism or in depth systems how could they if they play this "game" with a x box controller on their x box s sitting on a sofa and they are very more likely to spend 20 euros for a bad plane then 60 euros for a good one if they dont even know how to turn it on. Im damn sure if u release this plane for 1 euro u would make more then with the p3d version.

This seems to be a reasonably apt assessment of the overall MSFS landscape/player base. I am hopeful that a portion of the large casual population of simmers will get further invested in the hobby and want to expand to more detailed, systems-oriented aircraft rather than the tepid eye candy that is ubiquitous in the marketplace. This would certainly be good for virtual airlines to get a wider membership. My fear is that seeing this large casual player base, developers that traditionally make more complex aircraft will begin “dumbing” them down to reach the broader casual player base leaving the hobbiest niche stuck with suboptimal planes developed for the lowest common denominator. 

• Like 2

vor 22 Minuten schrieb admag:

This seems to be a reasonably apt assessment of the overall MSFS landscape/player base. I am hopeful that a portion of the large casual population of simmers will get further invested in the hobby and want to expand to more detailed, systems-oriented aircraft rather than the tepid eye candy that is ubiquitous in the marketplace. This would certainly be good for virtual airlines to get a wider membership. My fear is that seeing this large casual player base, developers that traditionally make more complex aircraft will begin “dumbing” them down to reach the broader casual player base leaving the hobbiest niche stuck with suboptimal planes developed for the lowest common denominator. 

I dont think this will ever be the case. First most of the big developer like aerosft pmdg ... arent aware of this casual playerbase and second the flight sim community is constantly growing msfs managed to get all of the simmers together. Every evening i have to change the server on vatsim because the others a full. Flight simming has improved so much. U got a good looking sim with decent physics u got high quality airplanes scenerys and other add ons u got charts with navigraph sim brief.... and last but not least vatsim. All the payware add ons are so anticipated with thousands of people waiting for the release to buy instantly. Big developer doesnt need to change their system because msfs offers them a wider and bigger customer group then any other sim. 

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I take offense to that (not personally).  First of all, it is simply not true that 1/3 of streamers fly around with gears extended. 

Second, in my opinion, most flight simmers overestimate their own skills totally.  An airline pilot is a well-educated, intelligent person, who has very serious and very expensive training for his job. He gets tested on his skills on a regular basis and needs to update his knowledge all the time.  Thinking a person who bought a PMDG 737 and who has seen a lot of YT videos and who found a manual on the internet is even in the same ballpark is an insult to pilots. A lot of my friends are pilots and I respect their skill and dedication. 

Thirdly, 99% of flight simmer believe they can fly an airliner on their own. Without a person in the seat next to them. In reality, there is no 'pilot'. There is a crew. Two persons. Taking off in an airliner with the other seat empty is unthinkable. Utterly unrealistic.  

I am well known for hating the term, Study Level DLC. I  have never heard an actual pilot use that term for an MSFS DLC. They know better. It is marketing.  What we provide is entertainment. 

I am a simmer, and not a professionally trained pilot (I wouldn't even consider myself being anywhere near as good as professional trained real-life pilots- not by a long...long shot), but(!) I would like to think in the extremely unlikely event I'm on a flight where both pilots are incapacitated I would at least know what buttons and switches do what and maybe..just maybe..be able to land it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

vor 32 Minuten schrieb P McF:

I am a simmer, and not a professionally trained pilot (I wouldn't even consider myself being anywhere near as good as professional trained real-life pilots- not by a long...long shot), but(!) I would like to think in the extremely unlikely event I'm on a flight where both pilots are incapacitated I would at least know what buttons and switches do what and maybe..just maybe..be able to land it.

yeah probaly but thats not his point and i have to agree doesnt matter how well the sim looks or what add ons u use not even shared cockpit can replicate the procedures and everything the crew does in a flight and thats fine because flight simming at the pc shouldnt be used to learn flying a passanger plane its just something u do bc u like it like playing videogames. it gives u an idea what pilots do but thats it. And i dont care if u use the term study level or not for me it just an expression for a highly realistic plane to be fair most uf use including me dont even know how complex these plane are and thats fine cause im not a pilot

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I take offense to that (not personally).  First of all, it is simply not true that 1/3 of streamers fly around with gears extended. 

Second, in my opinion, most flight simmers overestimate their own skills totally.  An airline pilot is a well-educated, intelligent person, who has very serious and very expensive training for his job. He gets tested on his skills on a regular basis and needs to update his knowledge all the time.  Thinking a person who bought a PMDG 737 and who has seen a lot of YT videos and who found a manual on the internet is even in the same ballpark is an insult to pilots. A lot of my friends are pilots and I respect their skill and dedication. 

Thirdly, 99% of flight simmer believe they can fly an airliner on their own. Without a person in the seat next to them. In reality, there is no 'pilot'. There is a crew. Two persons. Taking off in an airliner with the other seat empty is unthinkable. Utterly unrealistic.  

I am well known for hating the term, Study Level DLC. I  have never heard an actual pilot use that term for an MSFS DLC. They know better. It is marketing.  What we provide is entertainment. 

I totally agree if the simmer depended on seeing YouTube videos and depending on manuals on the internet to fly the aircraft. But as for me I remember, the time when I was flying on FSX I was seeing YouTube and doing these stuff however, now I studied the private pilot definitely by my own and I depended on small planes regarding to practical stuff as slow flight, spinning awareness and more yeah I haven't enrolled into an academy but I believe I did the work needed for the private pilot even I solved and practiced lots of written questions. After that, I started to learn the CBT for each aircraft as for the a320 I watched all its CBT videos. Now, we have a network as VATSIM where you could practice communications. In fact, I don't know if one day I get on the pilot seat, would I able to handle the aircraft with a crew? This question I really wanted to ask any pilot about it let's say if I went now and studied the CBT of the a330 and I trained on this upcoming aircraft the a330, Would I be able to fly the a330 "in normal operation" with a crew in real life?

2 minutes ago, Cockbrett Btw said:

yeah probaly but thats not his point and i have to agree doesnt matter how well the sim looks or what add ons u use not even shared cockpit can replicate the procedures and everything the crew does in a flight and thats fine because flight simming at the pc shouldnt be used to learn flying a passanger plane its just something u do bc u like it like playing videogames. it gives u an idea what pilots do but thats it. And i dont care if u use the term study level or not for me it just an expression for a highly realistic plane to be fair most uf use including me dont even know how complex these plane are and thats fine cause im not a pilot

As for me, I see you can take the sim the way you want if you flew your aircraft as you have learned in the proper way at this time you are practicing and if you flew in a playing way you don't care about even having a flight plan prior your flight then it becomes a game. You can take it in both ways.

I’m not sure why this escalated to “99%” of people think they can fly and land an airliner on their own and “most” simmers likening themselves to real pilots. This seems just as much conjecture as the person stating 1/3 of twitch is cruising with the gear down at FL200 so I’m not sure how that is helpful.

I’ve been on the flight sim circuit since MS FS 5.1 in the mid ‘90’s and would make no such argument, I’d crap a brick if you stuck me solo in an airliner cockpit. I think the real issue is, however, there are different subsets of folks using MSFS with very different goals and expectations. There are the hobbiests with throttles, sticks, yokes etc..who like an immersive work flow and conversely there are the casual Xbox sofa gamers who want to take a gander at the pretty visuals and tootle through a flight with their dual stick controller. Nothing wrong with either camp but they are vastly different populations with different expectations. I don’t know as there is a “one size fits all approach” that will satisfy both groups without diluting the experience that hobbiests are looking for. I hope the A330 turns out at least as well as the CRJ as that was quite decent and is a regular in my virtual hanger still, but I do hope that the attempt to capture a bigger chunk of market share doesn’t lead to a less immersive experience and leave us with something a bit more involved than stock planes or the rather disappointing but much lauded FBW A320 but less involved than previous payware endeavors.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

vor 51 Minuten schrieb admag:

I’m not sure why this escalated to “99%” of people think they can fly and land an airliner on their own and “most” simmers likening themselves to real pilots. This seems just as much conjecture as the person stating 1/3 of twitch is cruising with the gear down at FL200 so I’m not sure how that is helpful.

I’ve been on the flight sim circuit since MS FS 5.1 in the mid ‘90’s and would make no such argument, I’d crap a brick if you stuck me solo in an airliner cockpit. I think the real issue is, however, there are different subsets of folks using MSFS with very different goals and expectations. There are the hobbiests with throttles, sticks, yokes etc..who like an immersive work flow and conversely there are the casual Xbox sofa gamers who want to take a gander at the pretty visuals and tootle through a flight with their dual stick controller. Nothing wrong with either camp but they are vastly different populations with different expectations. I don’t know as there is a “one size fits all approach” that will satisfy both groups without diluting the experience that hobbiests are looking for. I hope the A330 turns out at least as well as the CRJ as that was quite decent and is a regular in my virtual hanger still, but I do hope that the attempt to capture a bigger chunk of market share doesn’t lead to a less immersive experience and leave us with something a bit more involved than stock planes or the rather disappointing but much lauded FBW A320 but less involved than previous payware endeavors.

im dead ass look for yourself https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Microsoft Flight Simulator ofc u got a lof of people taking it seriously aswell.