Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

I know the conversation about intersection departures went back and forth and eventually ended, but to read you're implementing the option to change runway length is fantastic. I understand where both sides were coming from, but thank you for deciding to include this as well.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

So far FPS looks great. As displays are the biggest draw on resources, the lack of an EFB helps the 737, but in the end both PMDG and my team use the same high quality modeling according to the latest technology (so relative low res bitmaps with high bitmap decals) you will end up with aircraft that should perform about the same.

I get 44 fps in the image shown here, goes to 48 fps when the EFB only shows text.

Please login to display this image.

Btw about EFB with only text.... that part is now also done. Here is where you can read your simBrief flightplan.

Charts can now have a dark or light theme independent from the rest of the EFB:

Small tweak to the performance pages:

Not yet implemented is the option to change runway length but as some people really wanted that we'll do that next week.

do you have accesses to a real a330? because a noticed the joy stick doesn't look like the real one.

18 minutes ago, Pilotefr said:

@Mathijs KokI noticed that the wheels are in the ground the problem and still in the process of being resolved ?

I guess this is due to the wing gear suspension being higher than normal if you search the a330 landing gear you will notice that the suspension is squished and the gear door above it is closer to the wheels.

2 minutes ago, YAG said:

I guess this is due to the wing gear suspension being higher than normal if you search the a330 landing gear you will notice that the suspension is squished and the gear door above it is closer to the wheels.

• Aerosoft
15 minutes ago, YAG said:

do you have accesses to a real a330? because a noticed the joy stick doesn't look like the real one.

Lol, yes we have access and we have 6 real A330 pilots that assist us. The sidestick we model does look like the one we have pictures for, if you have other sources we would be interested of course, but it could be an older version.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Still needs some tweaks.

And the fonts on the displays, completely off. Sizes and types. Colours completely off as well.

But i guess you know about that.

• Aerosoft
1 minute ago, JarredP said:

And the fonts on the displays, completely off. Sizes and types. Colours completely off as well.

But i guess you know about that.

We do, all these thing are developed in our 'simulator or the simulator' we have. Just not exported for a while. 
Do note that also here there are remarkable differences between versions. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We do, all these thing are developed in our 'simulator or the simulator' we have. Just not exported for a while. 
Do note that also here there are remarkable differences between versions. 

It's looking very good and will be most welcome.

Thanks Mathijs.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

So far FPS looks great. As displays are the biggest draw on resources, the lack of an EFB helps the 737, but in the end both PMDG and my team use the same high quality modeling according to the latest technology (so relative low res bitmaps with high bitmap decals) you will end up with aircraft that should perform about the same.

I get 44 fps in the image shown here, goes to 48 fps when the EFB only shows text.

Btw about EFB with only text.... that part is now also done. Here is where you can read your simBrief flightplan.

Not yet implemented is the option to change runway length but as some people really wanted that we'll do that next week.

Thanks for the updates Mathijs! It's looking like it's coming along wonderfully, and she looks great!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Mathijs the screenshot look superb! Great work the picture of the efb taken onside the cockpit, the right hand side of efb is that vatsim stations? Or stations taking from navdata? 

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I like that you have separated the boarding and fueling process unlike in the FenixA320. Good job :D 

• Aerosoft
38 minutes ago, SpeedbirdSimulation said:

Mathijs the screenshot look superb! Great work the picture of the efb taken onside the cockpit, the right hand side of efb is that vatsim stations? Or stations taking from navdata? 

• Like 3

Hi Guys!

I have a question to Aerosoft team. Are you planning to include the CL and all functions repated to it into the new version of A330, applicable to MSFS?

It was a very useful function in the versions for P3D especially helping the new users, who had no automated habits for applying the CLs when and it was needed.