Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

I completely understand why developers do not give a release timeframe. It is just a bit awkward for folks like me, who like to give themselves a budget when buying addons.

Parts of me want to buy the 739, or the Premium Deluxe for the 787, and parts of me says to wait for the A330. Without knowing roughly when things will release, I can't plan my budget and may end up buying something else to tide me over, only for Aerosoft to suddenly reveal that the 330 is finished. In which case I would have to delay my purchase of the 330.

There is internal strife in my brain.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, swan1100 said:

I completely understand why developers do not give a release timeframe. It is just a bit awkward for folks like me, who like to give themselves a budget when buying addons.

Parts of me want to buy the 739, or the Premium Deluxe for the 787, and parts of me says to wait for the A330. Without knowing roughly when things will release, I can't plan my budget and may end up buying something else to tide me over, only for Aerosoft to suddenly reveal that the 330 is finished. In which case I would have to delay my purchase of the 330.

Exactly this and I am sure it's the same for most of us out there.

As far as I know, Mathijs said when they are ready with the 330, the release will be announced in advance and will have enough time to prepare for it. I am picking up the -800 this weekend too! 

I just hope Mathijs and the Aerosoft team swing the release comfortably ahead of the B777 haha! (I know the triple is far away and I think the A330 development has progressed a lot further than the 777). 

On 1/6/2023 at 9:30 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Guys, I am closing the discussion on price.  When we have decided on it I will share it. 

@Mathijs KokI would not disturb you in the middle of work but it is still under discussion?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, swan1100 said:

Absolutely. Hopefully we get it for cross the pond 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ben carpy said:

Absolutely. Hopefully we get it for cross the pond 

If you mean April 1, I think that you had better not count on it. April 1 is a little over seven weeks away and they aren't even close to beta testing. Still working on coding  systems. Beta testing will take 4-6 weeks or so. Maybe mid-summer. I plan on using the A310.

John

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, John2 said:

If you mean April 1, I think that you had better not count on it. April 1 is a little over seven weeks away and they aren't even close to beta testing. Still working on coding  systems. Beta testing will take 4-6 weeks or so. Maybe mid-summer. I plan on using the A310.

John

I think you have no idea on how we test our projects. We have a lot of people testing things at this very moment. They just do not test the complete project. 

For example I am myself testing the EFB, others are testing the modeling and texturing of the different models that are completed. We are planning testing of the animations right now. In a project like this you do not have a 'beta' test. You have many beta tests. And some take a day, others take 6 months.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I think you have no idea on how we test our projects. We have a lot of people testing things at this very moment. They just do not test the complete project. 

For example I am myself testing the EFB, others are testing the modeling and texturing of the different models that are completed. We are planning testing of the animations right now. In a project like this you do not have a 'beta' test. You have many beta tests. And some take a day, others take 6 months.

Obviously release is a ways out, but would you say that based on the current state of the aircraft there is a chance that we might have it by Cross the Pond?

5 hours ago, swan1100 said:

Don't get the premium deluxe, from what i've heard it's not worth it for the 787. Wait for the A330, in the mean time the 737 and FBW have quite a long range too ;)

• Aerosoft

Btw, I can let you know officially that I can be replaced by chatGPT.

Please login to display this image.

This post was written by chatGPT and it got 19 likes. Let me tell you that is a lot on this forum. Highest of the month.

I might need a glass of wine.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 2

• Developer
1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Btw, I can let you know officially that I can be replaced by chatGPT.

This post was written by chatGPT and it got 19 likes. Let me tell you that is a lot on this forum. Highest of the month.

I might need a glass of wine.

I'm pretty sure that this was the first thing they taught ChatGPT. About the replacement.... ChatGPT isn't capable of buying me lunch and beer at the FS Weekend in Lelystad, so you are still needed in person. Sorry :P

• Like 5

• Aerosoft

Unfortunately ChatGTP was not as useful when I asked it to develop a CRJ.

"Program a CRJ for Microsoft Flight Simulator"

"I'm sorry, but I am an AI language model and don't have the capability to program a CRJ (Canadair Regional Jet) for Microsoft Flight Simulator. However, I can provide you with some resources that you can use to learn how to do it:

The Microsoft Flight Simulator Developer Network (MSDN) is a great place to start. It provides information on how to create add-ons for the game, including aircraft, airports, and other elements.

There are many online forums dedicated to Flight Simulator modding, where you can ask questions, share your work, and get feedback from other modders. Some popular forums include Avsim.com and Flightsim.com.

There are also several YouTube channels dedicated to Flight Simulator modding, where you can find tutorials and walk-throughs that show you how to create your own aircraft for the game.

The Microsoft Flight Simulator SDK (Software Development Kit) is also available for download, and it provides you with the tools and resources you need to create your own aircraft, airports, and other elements for the game.

I hope these resources help you get started on creating a CRJ for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Good luck!"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Of course I have no idea on how you test your projects, although I do appreciate the explanation that you have provided. I am only speaking as a customer and user and outside observer of your development process starting with the Aerosoft Extended A320 family for FSX, the Twotter for FSX and MSFS and the CRJ family for FSX and MSFS, My recollection is that each of these had a beta test phase to test potential release candidates and my (likely faulty) recollection is that these test phases took 4-6 weeks. I actually was a beta tester for the CRJ in FSX which actually took  more than 6 weeks. In any event, I do apologize if I gave the impression that Aerosoft did not do any unit testing during the development stage. I am reasonably familiar with software development and I am aware that testing is performed at each stage of the development process.

I wish you godspeed in the completion of this project to which I am very much looking forward.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, John2 said:

Of course I have no idea on how you test your projects, although I do appreciate the explanation that you have provided. I am only speaking as a customer and user and outside observer of your development process starting with the Aerosoft Extended A320 family for FSX, the Twotter for FSX and MSFS and the CRJ family for FSX and MSFS, My recollection is that each of these had a beta test phase to test potential release candidates and my (likely faulty) recollection is that these test phases took 4-6 weeks. I actually was a beta tester for the CRJ in FSX which actually took  more than 6 weeks. In any event, I do apologize if I gave the impression that Aerosoft did not do any unit testing during the development stage. I am reasonably familiar with software development and I am aware that testing is performed at each stage of the development process.

I wish you godspeed in the completion of this project to which I am very much looking forward.

What a nice lad you are sir. Don't mind the dislike minions, they're at it as always

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The aircraft in 4k.

Wow this is really an amazing work. I can't wait to fly this bird