Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

I just thought of something which would be really cool. 

The real-life 737 pilot 737NG Driver over on youtube (referenced in this forum previously), provides some really informative and in-depth videos on the PMDG 737. Would it be possible for Aerosoft to get someone like that to do similar videos on the A330 when it's out? By that I dont mean copy his content, but I personally would love it to get some insights into the nitty gritty of the handling, systems and general normal operation of the A330, something that extends beyond the contents of an A to B tutorial video. Lets say you get a real-life Airbus pilot, or someone familiar with the type (I'm sure there are some in-house as well). :)

• Upvote 9

14 hours ago, Tobias Nome said:

The real-life 737 pilot 737NG Driver over on youtube (referenced in this forum previously), provides some really informative and in-depth videos on the PMDG 737. Would it be possible for Aerosoft to get someone like that to do similar videos on the A330 when it's out? By that I dont mean copy his content, but I personally would love it to get some insights into the nitty gritty of the handling, systems and general normal operation of the A330, something that extends beyond the contents of an A to B tutorial video. Lets say you get a real-life Airbus pilot, or someone familiar with the type (I'm sure there are some in-house as well). :)

it's a good idea I had watched this video yet I'm on xbox it was really instructive

• Like 2

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Tobias Nome:

First of all, yes these types of videos are really good and informative however, they are not really needed for the A330. Given the fact, that most users are already familiar with the FBW A320 oder Fenix A320, we don’t need a complete guide on how to power-up the A330. The cockpit difference is minimal. I‘m an A320 pilot aswell and also got a type rating for the A330. There is something called a Cross Crew Qualification which can be done in 7days if you got the A320 rating and want to switch to the A330. After 7days you also have the A330 rating in your pocket.

The biggest difference is the third MCDU and a slightly different location of the parking brake. There are also some extra buttons like the one for fuel dumping and that’s it. If you can fly the A320, you can also fly the A330. The fuel and hydraulic system is different but I wouldn’t call this important for an PC simulation.

It always difficult to get used to the EFB of a different company then to the aircraft.

If you watch some Fenix tutorial, I‘m pretty sure that you will be able to handle the A330 perfectly.

Flying the A330 is a little bit more sluggishly but that’s it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, YetiAir said:

First of all, yes these types of videos are really good and informative however, they are not really needed for the A330...

If you watch some Fenix tutorial, I‘m pretty sure that you will be able to handle the A330 perfectly.

I had no idea the mixed fleet training was actually done in such a short time frame; very interesting! I must ask though, what is that centre MCDU actually used for? I've heard different things from different people

1 hour ago, YetiAir said:

First of all, yes these types of videos are really good and informative however, they are not really needed for the A330. Given the fact, that most users are already familiar with the FBW A320 oder Fenix A320, we don’t need a complete guide on how to power-up the A330. The cockpit difference is minimal. I‘m an A320 pilot aswell and also got a type rating for the A330. There is something called a Cross Crew Qualification which can be done in 7days if you got the A320 rating and want to switch to the A330. After 7days you also have the A330 rating in your pocket.

The biggest difference is the third MCDU and a slightly different location of the parking brake. There are also some extra buttons like the one for fuel dumping and that’s it. If you can fly the A320, you can also fly the A330. The fuel and hydraulic system is different but I wouldn’t call this important for an PC simulation.

It always difficult to get used to the EFB of a different company then to the aircraft.

Not sure I agree. While commonality between Airbuses is a fact, that doesnt mean customers wouldn't enjoy specific videos on the A330. I dont think that just because we are more (or less) familiar with the smaller Fenix or FBW buses no such market exists. It might also be a way for Aerosoft go get some extra clout for their product on the side. Given the reactions to my above post I see there are some interest in this

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb blanderrr:

I had no idea the mixed fleet training was actually done in such a short time frame; very interesting! I must ask though, what is that centre MCDU actually used for? I've heard different things from different people

You can even switch from the A320 to the A380 in less then 2 weeks.

By the way, when you switch from the A320 to the A330, the endorsement on your license is A330/A350. So, you also got your A350 rating. However, most airlines will force you to undergo an conversion training, as the cockpit is a little bit different but still self explaining.

The short answer for the third MCDU is: Backup
The FMS is embedded in two flight management and guidance and envelope computers (FMGECs) and the third redundant MCDU. Two of the MCDUs are used to interface with two FMGECs at any time. The third MCDU can be switched in either position in case of an MCDU failure.

Further, two MCDUs have the capability to provide back-up Navigation in case of loss of the FM function from the FMGECs.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, YetiAir said:

You can even switch from the A320 to the A380 in less then 2 weeks.

By the way, when you switch from the A320 to the A330, the endorsement on your license is A330/A350. So, you also got your A350 rating. However, most airlines will force you to undergo an conversion training, as the cockpit is a little bit different but still self explaining.

The short answer for the third MCDU is: Backup
The FMS is embedded in two flight management and guidance and envelope computers (FMGECs) and the third redundant MCDU. Two of the MCDUs are used to interface with two FMGECs at any time. The third MCDU can be switched in either position in case of an MCDU failure.

Further, two MCDUs have the capability to provide back-up Navigation in case of loss of the FM function from the FMGECs.

I remember a good old joke about the difference between A330neo and A350 which was around the time when iPhone X and iPhone 8 just got released:

A330neo is like iPhone 8 and A350 is like iPhone X. The difference is: when you can't afford an iPhone X, go get an iPhone 8.

lol I remember that joke this whole time cuz it was really self explanatory.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

In Douglas Adams' book "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," the number 42 is famously referred to as the "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything." It is arrived at through a supercomputer named Deep Thought after millions of years of calculation. However, the joke is that the answer is meaningless because the characters do not know what the actual question is. In flightsim culture, the number 42 has since become a reference to this humorous concept of a seemingly-important answer to an unknown question.

I don't know how many times you've had to explain that...  A few too many at least

I've been looking for a decent long distance. The 78X resets my pc when they are approaching and does not read the star, I started to see mfsaddons the next releases and I came to this forum, the a330 seems like a good job to me and I hope they release it as soon as possible, please.

Will you be putting out a request for beta testers at some point? Given the broad range of sim configurations out there,  I would think that a broad and comprehensive beta test bench would be advisable.

John.

22 minutes ago, John2 said:

Will you be putting out a request for beta testers at some point? Given the broad range of sim configurations out there,  I would think that a broad and comprehensive beta test bench would be advisable.

John.

I have a feeling its already in Beta seeing as there is a date set in concrete even tho there was no request from the forum.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, TaWeno said:

more pictures if possible please

I was making some images and ran into a fresh new bug.... Every time you load an aircraft via the aircraft window it moves forwards 7 meters.

Please login to display this image.

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I was making some images and ran into a fresh new bug.... Every time you load an aircraft via the aircraft window it moves forwards 7 meters.

Please login to display this image.

oh yes it's weird even when the plane is completely off? did it do it all the time? or never before?

18 hours ago, capizolano said:

I've been looking for a decent long distance. The 78X resets my pc when they are approaching and does not read the star, I started to see mfsaddons the next releases and I came to this forum, the a330 seems like a good job to me and I hope they release it as soon as possible, please.

A310.

On 2/6/2023 at 10:28 AM, Tobias Nome said:

I learnt more from real life cockpit videos like justplanes than watching a youtube video from some PMDG groupie.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, VBHB said:

I learnt more from real life cockpit videos like justplanes than watching a youtube video from some PMDG groupie.

You do realize he’s a real life 737 pilot? I have found his videos to be extremely helpful. But anyway, off-topic material.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1