Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft
19 hours ago, SpeedbirdSimulation said:

That EFB is looking superb, quick question regarding efb and the mcdu to a certain extent. Will the efb and said mcdu import fuel and weights from simbrief and automatically compute CG etc?

Kind regards

Absolutely.  All works like a dream right now.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, SoarandSkor said:

Do you think there could be a way to compromise on this issue? Maybe you guys don't have to put intersection options on the EFB, but maybe to appease the groups wanting to do intersection takeoffs we could manually adjust the runway lengths using the information available? I'm not a developer, but based off what I can see already, it seems as if implementing that would not be TOO much extra work.

That is what we'll do. But as said, most likely not on release. It's in the list with a low priority.  I got some of those for FS2004 project, lol.

• Like 2

• Aerosoft

Hey, at least we release something! Here is the Painkit manual. File will be available next few days.

And to make people happy, we have a blender 3d tail for you to put paint on.

For comments please do so here and not here.

Please login to display this image.

MSFS_AIRBUS__PAINTKIT_MANUAL.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well it is mainly to avoid me looking like idiot. But you are right...  But we do not do surprise releases, so you will know some weeks in advance.

I'm looking forward to this news 😁👍

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As am I.... this is probably the most stressful project I done ever. The investments are massive. 

I wish you strength and patience. And we will cross our fingers and be in a state of tedious, but pleasant expectation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As am I.... this is probably the most stressful project I done ever. The investments are massive. 

you have all our encouragement it will be great and of course if you need help we are dedicated

• Like 2

On 1/30/2023 at 9:18 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Plus we are dealing with an issue with the A330 engines. It seems utterly impossible to get the correct tables we need to tweak things. If any of you knows the ins and outs of as Trent 700 you could become my next best friend

I'm sorry, has anyone already responded to you with an offer of help?

5 minutes ago, Black2306 said:

On 1/30/2023 at 7:18 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, yes yes.... things are a bit complex at this moment. Next to the A330 I am also running three other projects that all seems to start right now, so there is loads of contracts to do, databases to be bought etc. Next to that we got super serious spam attacks on the forum from China and we are doing some changes in support, another department I am the manager of.  Plus we are dealing with an issue with the A330 engines. It seems utterly impossible to get the correct tables we need to tweak things. If any of you knows the ins and outs of as Trent 700 you could become my next best friend (mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com). 

Plus my wife insists I need to get a life.  I think she means I should spend less on buying parts for the Traction Avant we are restoring and start doing exercise or something. 

yes me too by the way I did not quite understand what help you need if I can help I have been working at the airport for 10 years I have a lot of contact

• Like 2

• Aerosoft
10 minutes ago, Black2306 said:

Yes, but we really need rather detailed information about the Trent 700 engine. Things that are simply not a google search away.

• Aerosoft
5 minutes ago, Pilotefr said:

yes me too by the way I did not quite understand what help you need if I can help I have been working at the airport for 10 years I have a lot of contact

We need to know how N1 relates to environmental conditions and thrust settings. 

11 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We need to know how N1 relates to environmental conditions and thrust settings. 

i have a friend who works at air france in maintenance i will try to ask him if he can get me some info

• Aerosoft
6 minutes ago, Pilotefr said:

i have a friend who works at air france in maintenance i will try to ask him if he can get me some info

Without any derogatively intentions, maintenance people simply do not have that information. Just as pilots do not, just as instructor pilots do not. This is really data that belongs to the people who manage the engine performance.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Have a glass of wine and relax.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Mathijs, i hope and expect that payoff for Aerosoft will be worth it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

vor 23 Stunden schrieb SoarandSkor:

Do you think there could be a way to compromise on this issue? Maybe you guys don't have to put intersection options on the EFB, but maybe to appease the groups wanting to do intersection takeoffs we could manually adjust the runway lengths using the information available? I'm not a developer, but based off what I can see already, it seems as if implementing that would not be TOO much extra work.

Its also what FlightSimLabs have done with their EFB-performance calculation. If your EFB calculation is done in a proper way, it should get the performance also calculated with additional added intersection data - and that could be easily done by the community.
Never underestimate the efford the community could/can do. See flightsim.to, FBW, ..

FSL created a team of contributers that added intersection data. No team investment needed but you have literally every airport with every intersection available.

However, lets close up this topic here :D 

23 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Seen from the outside, without your inside perspective, of course, this topic reminds me of the back old days when you were about to release the Airbus X Extended for FSX, 90% of the posts were people asking for a release date haha, and at the end I think it was delayed for a bit too

3 hours ago, Flying_Timm said:

FSL created a team of contributers that added intersection data. No team investment needed but you have literally every airport with every intersection available.

However, lets close up this topic here

Yes, I was lucky enough to participate in this work. The team and I quickly added data for calculations.

14 hours ago, kildos said:

Seen from the outside, without your inside perspective, of course, this topic reminds me of the back old days when you were about to release the Airbus X Extended for FSX, 90% of the posts were people asking for a release date haha, and at the end I think it was delayed for a bit too

90% of projects are delayed but if you dont set a target for each work package then there is nothing to aim for. And that goes for software, hardware, construction....

On 1/31/2023 at 5:50 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Thats why as humans, we push boundaries! 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 6:50 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Good thing is that Xbox version will bring some substantial extra cash vs. former PC only projects 😉

I bet the investment will pay off massively! You´re the first to release a proper long haul. Personally I coulnd´t care less about failures and stuff, as long as the autopilot works, vnav and common approach types are available, I´m beyond hyped for this! Also looking forward for better frames coming from the fenix 320.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1