Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

19 hours ago, 김동진 said:

Can i look forward to being animated landing gear at this moment? Likes x-plane 12 a330

what do you mean? i would like to know the difference btw xplane and msfs about the landing gear animations

vor 48 Minuten schrieb A330B747:

what do you mean? i would like to know the difference btw xplane and msfs about the landing gear animations

Please login to display this image.

• Upvote 1

I would love to know how the A330 compares to the CRJs in terms of framerate, I understand that the 330 is not in a complete state yet, but some rough figure to go off would be nice to know.

@Mathijs Kok Is there any chance we will have some release date info soon?

I don't want to put any pressure on you guys, I am 100% sure you are working really hard, it's just curiosity(which did kill the cat btw).. 

I mean 6 months ago you were confident it will be by the end of 2022.. Is it a major setback?? You recently updated us that aircraft is about 89% done(+-20%), any change there?

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Marko Stupar said:

I don't want to put any pressure on you guys, I am 100% sure you are working really hard, it's just curiosity(which did kill the cat btw).. 

I mean 6 months ago you were confident it will be by the end of 2022.. Is it a major setback?? You recently updated us that aircraft is about 89% done(+-20%), any change there?

It will probably be released in the summer. Definitely before FlyByWire's A380.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swan1100 said:

I would love to know how the A330 compares to the CRJs in terms of framerate, I understand that the 330 is not in a complete state yet, but some rough figure to go off would be nice to know.

Mathijs confirmed that he gets around 60fps on a 5120x1440 display. Running a Ryzen 7 5800X and RTX 3060 Ti

38 minutes ago, TomReborn said:

Mathijs confirmed that he gets around 60fps on a 5120x1440 display. Running a Ryzen 7 5800X and RTX 3060 Ti

Yes, but I am interested how that compares to the CRJ using him system

3 hours ago, Marko Stupar said:

Until they get into beta testing it is almost impossible to forecast a release date. In my experience these projects stay at 95% for a long time. 

7 minutes ago, swan1100 said:

Yes, but I am interested how that compares to the CRJ using him system

If your PC can run ini A310, Fenix A320, FBW A32NX, don't worry about performance. Aerosoft will not make an aircraft heavier than those, it's not part of their philosophy

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, iLucasRT said:

If your PC can run ini A310, Fenix A320, FBW A32NX, don't worry about performance. Aerosoft will not make an aircraft heavier than those, it's not part of their philosophy

That's the thing, i am on the edge when it comes to performance for these aircraft, yet the CRJs and PMDG's products run perfectly for me. Just trying to gauge where the 330 will fit among these

vor einer Stunde schrieb swan1100:

That's the thing, i am on the edge when it comes to performance for these aircraft, yet the CRJs and PMDG's products run perfectly for me. Just trying to gauge where the 330 will fit among these

I can well imagine that if they leave out the passenger cabin it will run on the same level as PMDG.

1 hour ago, swan1100 said:

Just curious, do you also run any interior simulator and/or traffic simulator while you have performance problems with these planes? 

6 hours ago, Marko Stupar said:

Agreed, I would rather know that it's going to be for example next year rather than stay in the dark and have to play a guessing game. Even if it's not a confirmed date just a general timeline would put a lot of us out of our misery of waiting :)

50 minutes ago, mikkel said:

Just curious, do you also run any interior simulator and/or traffic simulator while you have performance problems with these planes? 

I use FSLTL with heavily tweaked settings to give me a super smooth experience in the PMDG 737, as it is what i fly the most.

• Aerosoft
22 hours ago, Frap 99 said:

Hey @Mathijs Kok, where is the video you said that will showcase potential tray table, windows, handrests, etc. 😉

Yes, yes yes.... things are a bit complex at this moment. Next to the A330 I am also running three other projects that all seems to start right now, so there is loads of contracts to do, databases to be bought etc. Next to that we got super serious spam attacks on the forum from China and we are doing some changes in support, another department I am the manager of.  Plus we are dealing with an issue with the A330 engines. It seems utterly impossible to get the correct tables we need to tweak things. If any of you knows the ins and outs of as Trent 700 you could become my next best friend (mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com). 

Plus my wife insists I need to get a life.  I think she means I should spend less on buying parts for the Traction Avant we are restoring and start doing exercise or something. 

• Like 6

• Aerosoft
21 hours ago, A330B747 said:

What we need is Inverse kinematics animations. Now this is a hugely complex thing that my modelers try to explain to me a few times a year, see for yourself (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverse_kinematics). But basically the issue is that we need this to do the A330 animation correct. It was not available in P3D and we got something working more or less okay there and it is not available (but requested) in MSFS.  It just means a serious amount of complex maths.

Not sure if X-Plane has it though or if they solve it there as we do.

• Like 2

• Aerosoft
7 hours ago, Faliq said:

@Mathijs Kok  Are you planning on adding full integration with gsx? 

I do not think there is a lot that we can do for that. We'll provide the profile for GSX though, we always did things like that.

• Like 2

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, swan1100 said:

Very rough...

At this moment the A330 seems to be easier on the FPS as CRJ are. That is mainly because our modelers understand the graphics engine better and can make a more optimized model. Stefan and Anne are in my very biased opinion the cats ass. Stefan was a trained modeler when he joined my team and he has done 16 aircraft by now. Not a lot that he does not know. Anne lacks that background but came to use fully trained on the most modern graphics engines and is super efficient with her polygons whole keeping a great sense of colors and 'completeness'.  As said, I am biased. 

BUT.... we still need to add things. So in the end I would think we will end up with a bit higher load then the CRJ but not by much.  As you know we sell airports AND aircraft so we learned the hard way that an aircraft can never eat up too much resources.  Besides, planning for Xbox and Cloud teaches you a few things about being efficient with memory.

All in all, FPS is not an issue that keeps me awake. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, Marko Stupar said:

And that is why you should never say anything like that, lol. It always comes back to bite you in the ass.

Major setback? I would not call it like that, but there were issues that were vastly underestimated. We expected calculations that worked for close to a decade to work in MSFS and they did not.  Should we have seen that earlier? Of course but things are as they are. 

There is also a major feature creep element.  As you develop things other teams release things you want to include as well. When as project manager, I tell the dev team I want this and this they tell me it is going to costs so and so many months. It is super hard to resist that, certainly as customers on forums (talking about you readers) start to expect it without any regards to the product price or coverage. See, if we would only work for the PC platform things would be a lot easier. But we think, no... we know, we can deliver the same content on Xbox and Cloud. Without simplifying things. Aks PMDG, they feel exactly the same.  And there are a heck of a lof sales on those platforms you would be an idiot not to include them. There was a time when you could not hook up a rudder, stick, throttle, mouse and keyboard to an Xbox, but those days are way behind us. When I fly for pleasure, I would never fire up one of the PC's, I would be in the air in 2 minutes on my Xbox on my big TV.

Are we late? Yes.  

• Like 5