Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Flying_Timm said:

Will you excuse missing essential features for now always with this reason? 

If you find this en essential feature, this product simply is not for you, sorry. That happens.

But could it be you simply did not understand the question was not about take-off performance, but about take-off performance from an intersection? I mean, if you consider that an essential feature not even PMDG will do for you.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Svend Loggerhead said:

I mean we already have takeoff performance, and I don’t think a specific feature for calculations based on if you actually use all of the runway is very important, and I would prefer getting an affordable product (no pressure, aerosoft) than unnecessary features. Besides, if it’s really that important, just decrease the runway length yourself with a rough estimate.

The decision not do do calculation for take-off from an intersection,  was not taken without discussion.

• Reduced runway length take-offs are extremely rare for for long haul flights. Basically is is only a thing on empty reposition flights. When we use the same EFB for smaller airliners it will of course be added.
  • We did look seriously for a database, but Lufthansa Data Systems, Navigraph etc simply do not offer that data.  So we would have to do it like the M80 does and have the pilot manually reduced the runway length.  Again, useful for a medium haul aircraft.
  • It is not an aircraft function but a pilot function that is these days often done by and EFB. Not every EFB has that option btw.
  • Not every A330 has an EFB even in this day and age. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

On 1/27/2023 at 7:47 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I will discuss that on Monday.

Could also ask the folks from Fenix, they offer both a Blender and Substance 3D model. Of course, it only includes the stuff you need like fuselage and engines. All the rest is removed (animations, landing gears, cockpit, ...).

• Upvote 1

The A330 is not just a long haul aircraft, it's also very often a high density medium distance hauler. So intersection departures aren't a rare occurrence in a 330.

Intersection distances are at least in Europe almost always listed on chart 10-9

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

• Reduced runway length take-offs are extremely rare for for long haul flights. Basically is is only a thing on empty reposition flights. When we use the same EFB for smaller airliners it will of course be added.

Please login to display this image.

That looks like a intersection take-off to me and it is a long-haul per definition by the EU. Flights like this often do intersection take-offs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

vor 27 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

The decision not do do calculation for take-off from an intersection,  was not taken without discussion.

• We did look seriously for a database, but Lufthansa Data Systems, Navigraph etc simply do not offer that data.  So we would have to do it like the M80 does and have the pilot manually reduced the runway length.  Again, useful for a medium haul aircraft.
  • It is not an aircraft function but a pilot function that is these days often done by and EFB. Not every EFB has that option btw.
  • Not every A330 has an EFB even in this day and age. 

You're right about the fact that long-haul planes doesn't use intersection departures very often but they do so.
And if your calculation is done in a proper way in the background, it wouldn't be that hard to implement intersections too, isn't it?
Lots of EFB's do it correctly these days (in flight sim).

Like for Frankfurt, there are plenty of options available for intersection takeoff's.
However, whatever - bring this thing out! We need something for long-haul :D 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Scandinavian said:

The A330 is not just a long haul aircraft, it's also very often a high density medium distance hauler. So intersection departures aren't a rare occurrence in a 330.

I am sorry, the A330 pilots we have in our team simply do not agree with you.  

But as said, we have discussed this issue and made our decision.  If that is an essential feature for you, simply buy another aircraft that has that option.  So let's close this issue. It is not planned for the release of the A330, might be added when we do smaller aircraft using the same EFB.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
34 minutes ago, Scandinavian said:

I'll do just that

Damn, it is not often that you hear lacking intersection take-off calculations for a long haul aircraft are a reason not buy something, lol. But not buying a product is fine. While I do not often pay for MSFS DLC, I rather spend my money on things that have all the features I consider vital. There are hundreds of fine aircraft to buy and I am sure you will find dozens that offer the functionality that we do not offer. 

If my information is correct the Fenix 320 and MD80 have that option (and that is good as these aircraft use it a lot).  Surely not any PDMG aircraft, or the other medium haul aircraft on my system (and I got stuff you have not even heard of, lol).

Now I am of course jesting. But I am honestly wondering what you will buy if this a deal breaker for you? Am I missing all the DLC that has this option?  

-------

Did you know there are many airlines where crew is forbidden to accept an intersection entry to a runway? No matter the weight? 
So if you want to do an intersection take-off, make sure your company policy allows it!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
1 minute ago, RenegadeNine said:

Will we see auto-step climb functionality? It was one of the key missing features for me in the P3D version as someone who mostly does long hauls whilst sleeping/away from my PC.

Indeed, indeed.  Super complex stuff. being worked on. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Before there is a lot of nonsense written about take-off performance. Of course we calculate that, we just do not calculate it from intersections.  Not only because it would be very rare that an A330 would use that, secondly it is a function that by far not all EFB's contain.  Heck not even all A330 have and EFB at this moment, we do a deluxe model, lol.

Here is what we do have.

EHAM-LFBO Flight plan loaded, click.

3330 meter runway. FLEX 41

2020 meter runway, TOGA

Trying to take off from a 2200 meter runway for a flight to LAX.

And a neat CG chart

Idk why people complain this is just perfect

• Upvote 2

When landing, and engaging the Reverse thrust, will we be able to hear the spool of the trents when the reverse starts to kick in? In P3d it wasn't the case, and it is the case in real life. Also wondering if there was a chance to get a glimpse of the cockpit sounds.

• Aerosoft

Honestly, last comment from me on the intersection take-off thing (that we will not do for the initial release).... Just had a text from friend who flew for Delta for many many years. He told me the example shown of a Delta take-off is not according to the company policy. They should have used the full runway.

And this completes this topic....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

• Aerosoft
1 minute ago, Delif said:

When landing, and engaging the Reverse thrust, will we be able to hear the spool of the trents when the reverse starts to kick in? In P3d it wasn't the case, and it is the case in real life. Also wondering if there was a chance to get a glimpse of the cockpit sounds.

I will try to get sound samples this week. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1