Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

As a developer I'm curious about how many people work on a project like this? I mean...full time dedicated to this (I imagine some designers may work only some days for liveries or so). How many developers have Aerosoft? I always thought this sector is very niche but with the amount of projects that you have, I suppose there are much more employees than I thought.

Thank you Mathijs for your updates :)

• Like 1

This is a very exciting news! Are you planning to continue supporting home cockpit builders and hardware like Skalarki? Some of us are lucky enough to have built home cockpits and would love to retrofit the A320 (almost similar cockpit buttons and knobs)to fly your plane.

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, kildos said:

As a developer I'm curious about how many people work on a project like this? I mean...full time dedicated to this (I imagine some designers may work only some days for liveries or so). How many developers have Aerosoft? I always thought this sector is very niche but with the amount of projects that you have, I suppose there are much more employees than I thought.

Thank you Mathijs for your updates :)

We have around 50 employees and the team working on project like this is around 5 or 6, with additional people working on certain aspect such as sounds etc.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• Aerosoft
41 minutes ago, Henry M said:

This is a very exciting news! Are you planning to continue supporting home cockpit builders and hardware like Skalarki? Some of us are lucky enough to have built home cockpits and would love to retrofit the A320 (almost similar cockpit buttons and knobs)to fly your plane.

We will provide those with information when asked, yes.

Hi Mathijs, I love what I'm seeing of your development. If it's not too much trouble, as an Argentine I would like to see an Aerolíneas Argentinas livery if possible. I know very well that they use the A330-200, but it would really look great on the -300 as well. Thank you very much in advance 😃

18 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We have around 50 employees and the team working on project like this is around 5 or 6, with additional people working on certain aspect such as sounds etc.

Thank you for your answer! It is always interesting to discover the 'behind the scenes' about this :)

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
12 hours ago, ben carpy said:

As for winshield effects. Will rain stick to the windscreen and will the wipers wipe it off or atleast make an effect like the fenix one?

We have experimented with that last week and I haver good hope it will lead to something that looks cool. If at all possible I like to prevent the drops / no drops effect. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We have experimented with that last week and I haver good hope it will lead to something that looks cool. If at all possible I like to prevent the drops / no drops effect. 

could you show us this effect?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sounds good. For the windows on the aircraft, are they going to be painted on or modelled?

• Like 1

Hi!

I will try my question again, because it was left unanswered.

Something I liked with the Aerosoft Airbuses for P3d was to get automatic calculations for example blockfuel and V-speeds in the MCDU easy by clicking the corresponding key. And it was also easy to get the flight plan automatically inside the MCDU. Will that kind of helpfull functions be available in this new A330? It makes it far quicker to get up in the air.

Best regards Jan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janjoensson said:

你好!

我会再试一次我的问题,因为它没有得到回答。

我喜欢 P3d 的 Aerosoft Airbuses 的一点是可以通过单击相应的键轻松地在 MCDU 中进行自动计算,例如块燃料和 V 速度。而且在 MCDU 内自动获取飞行计划也很容易。这种有用的功能会在这款新的 A330 中提供吗?它使起身更快。

最好的问候简

I don't think so.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, janjoensson said:

Something I liked with the Aerosoft Airbuses for P3d was to get automatic calculations for example blockfuel and V-speeds in the MCDU easy by clicking the corresponding key. And it was also easy to get the flight plan automatically inside the MCDU. Will that kind of helpfull functions be available in this new A330? It makes it far quicker to get up in the air.

It is now more based on simBrief and that whole process is automated (and far more precise), I will see if we can work that old system back in. No promises!

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And other roll-out.

So is it currently in testing/nearing release or still a long way to go

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It is now more based on simBrief and that whole process is automated (and far more precise), I will see if we can work that old system back in. No promises!

Thank you! 

I use SimBrief so maybe then it will be easy anyway. The system you had in P3d was very convenient anyway.

Looking forward to fly the A330 (and very nice to see it in SAS proud colours)

• Like 1

Time to install some large hubs to be flying into for the close future. New KLAX installed, just purchased EGLL scenery, will look into some more. Can't wait do some long-hauls!

• Like 3

Good evening @Mathijs Kok. I have one question for you that I'm not sure if it was answered at some point as I've been following this topic since it first opened. I wanted to ask if there are plans for the A332. As there are lot of airlines that don't operate A333 and operate the A332, like ITA Airways, Aerolineas Argentinas, Hawaiian... Have a lovely day and waiting for you answer!

• Aerosoft
43 minutes ago, Xanys Lecix said:

Good evening @Mathijs Kok. I have one question for you that I'm not sure if it was answered at some point as I've been following this topic since it first opened. I wanted to ask if there are plans for the A332. As there are lot of airlines that don't operate A333 and operate the A332, like ITA Airways, Aerolineas Argentinas, Hawaiian... Have a lovely day and waiting for you answer!

We do not comment on plans for projects we have not yet announced. Sorry.

4 minutes ago, JackBeloff said:

Mathijs,

Please consider Virgin Atlantic livery - large number of A333 routes between US and Europe by that operator

it's already done 😁