Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft
On 1/3/2023 at 11:55 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

What makes all Airbusses hard to simulate. The high degree of interaction between systems and the fact it is often hard to see where automation ends and the users needs to interact.

Somebody just send me a video on how deeply interconnected the systems are (this is on a 350 but the principle applies, does a simmer know how to handle a problem).  It's about emergency descent mode.

The aircraft does a lot of things on it's own when the pilots activate this mode. 

• It activates a new mode: EMER DESCENT that asked the pilot to extend speed brakes to confirm the emergency.
  • 7700 is automatically set on squawk
  • Allow below glide path flight is set
  • Turns 45 degrees to the right to get of the airway avoiding traffic below (it will come back to the original heading if it is 3 miles right of the airway)
  • Thrust is set to idle (note the thrust levers are still in climb!)
  • Descent is set to AP mode
  • A new safe altitude is set (depending on terrain)
  • Target speed is set to MMO-5

Now here is where the kicker is for flight sim use. See doing something like this is not super complex in a project like we do. The problem is that it will be sure hard to explain this customers.  Real pilots train this and can handle it. Simpilots want it but in our experience are not very capable of actually of handling things like this. 

So before I share the video, here is the question.

If you are in emergency descent mode, what do you do to get OUT of that mode. 

Real pilots and VIDs, let simmers reply. Please... Don't spoil this. 

If you know the answer, please let me know how you know.

• Like 5

• Aerosoft
20 minutes ago, SK10 said:

AED is A350 only…

If you are sure this is not on the latest version of the A330 I am pretty sure you are not a simmer. Does not matter a lot as the question remains the same. Would a simmer (so not a professional) know how to handle this?

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

If you are sure this is not on the latest version of the A330 I am pretty sure you are not a simmer. Does not matter a lot as the question remains the same. Would a simmer (so not a professional) know how to handle this?

Pretty sure and I am a simmer and professional…😉

vor 34 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Somebody just send me a video on how deeply interconnected the systems are (this is on a 350 but most likely the same on a modern 330).  It's about emergency descent mode.

The aircraft does a lot of things on it's own when the pilots activate this mode. 

• It activates a new mode: EMER DESCENT that asked the pilot to extend speed brakes to confirm the emergency.
  • Turns 45 degrees to the right to get of the airway avoiding traffic below (it will come back to the original heading if it is 3 miles right of the airway)

Now here is where the kicker is for flight sim use. See doing something like this is not super complex in a project like we do. The problem is that it will be sure hard to explain this customers.  Real pilots train this and can handle it. Simpilots want it but in our experience are not very capable of actually of handling things like this. 

I don’t know how to get out of this mode but I know, if the Cabin Alt goes above 14000, the aircraft starts a 15 sec timer. If no intervention from the crew, it initiates an Emergency descent. 

So I wouldn‘t let the aircraft go into this mode and would intervene.

Saw this in a cockpit presentation in one of the JustPlanes videos which I own. I think ist was the Air Caraibes where I saw this.

• Aerosoft
11 minutes ago, SK10 said:

Pretty sure and I am a simmer and professional…😉

I knew it.  I always find it a bit.... how shall I say it... unfortunate.... that some simmer believe they able to perform as real trained and certified pilot can. 

For you the situation I outlined is for sure a very serious emergency, but you are trained to handle it, you know who needs to do what on the flight deck  (crew coordination is massively important for real pilots but has zero meaning for simmers) and if you might be confused you would know what page to select in your documents to find the simple answer. A simmer would google it and exactly that is the difference. A pilot is part of a team that is highly trained, tested and if all is okay, started working well rested. 

Btw I did not find an answer via google, lol and still waiting for somebody to say what to do to reset an emergency descent and how to resume normal flight (after some serious explanation to the passengers, another aspect flight simulation never deals with).

Piloting an airliner is a very serious job.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I really don't understand your position since you are so close with PMDG, they try to simulate as much as they can including failures, cabin etc, stuff that you refuse to do and I totally get that it's a business model and a financial decision at the end but saying stuff like we can do it but the simmer won't be able to handle it is a bit harsh in my opinion, also I always thought of flight simulation or even dcs as a learning experience, for some of us that is the thrill to learn and execute just like it's supposed to be in the real thing. If there's an addon that is a labor of love and faithful to the real thing, I tend to enjoy learning it but if a dev says I'll dumb the airplane down so it's easier for u is something I don't understand

• Like 5

• Deputy Sheriffs

To sell at half the price (the target market for Aerosoft), you will have about half the features. Not a hard position to understand at all.

• Upvote 2

vor einer Stunde schrieb Herman:

To sell at half the price (the target market for Aerosoft), you will have about half the features. Not a hard position to understand at all.

"only half the features" ...and half the texture-resolution of current market "standard".
Very strange mind about simmers when I read the last page here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Somebody just send me a video on how deeply interconnected the systems are (this is on a 350 but the principle applies, does a simmer know how to handle a problem).  It's about emergency descent mode.

I personally can't manage this situation, it's complicated

10 minutes ago, Pilotamg said:

I personally can't manage this situation, it's complicated

I attach myself to this answer.. Also me personally don’t want to deal with emergencies despite simple things like e.g. hot brakes. Normal failures which doesn't compromise the flight itself.

This brings us back to the topic how many people ask for a study level aircraft vs how many really seek just a 'mid-level' aircraft. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Will you include the taxiway thing on the ND? I think it's called OANS, I'm not sure, on-board airport navigation system, and yes, A330's have that. Here is a picture of a Turkish Airlines A330-300 (TC-LOB)  image0.jpg?width=312&height=676

• Upvote 1

For me personally Features like the emergency descent feature (which is i think only implemented in the newest airbus aircraft) ore other failures are not necessary and dont need to be implemented in the aerosoft a330. I would use the a330 mostly for normal operations like for example long haul flights. Important is that the flight dynamics, the systems needed for a realistic normal operation and the modelling are accurate. If i want to simulate failures, the fenix a320 is the perfect plane. It would be nice to simulate that on a long haul plane, but the a320 cockpit is similar to the a330 cockpit and theres not such a big difference when you simulate those on a a320, as most of the failures are nearly the same to simulate on all Airbus planes, apart from the a380 or a350 because they have a more modern cockpit. 

• Upvote 1

Hi!

I am new to the whole forums system so please excuse anything I do wrong. I have a question regarding the platforms of which the Aerosoft A320 will be released, and is there a year that we can expect to see it come to msfs yet?

Most Kindest Regards,

Quan Moller

7 hours ago, DK67 said:

I attach myself to this answer.. Also me personally don’t want to deal with emergencies despite simple things like e.g. hot brakes. Normal failures which doesn't compromise the flight itself.

This brings us back to the topic how many people ask for a study level aircraft vs how many really seek just a 'mid-level' aircraft. 

I agree with this answer I would like to be able to use it as a "leisure" without being able to struggle too much to use it

• Like 2

As a user who is looking forward to AS330 release. I want to know if aerosoft has any preventive measures against piracy of machine models. It would be great if you could answer this question briefly.

• Aerosoft
36 minutes ago, Mark Xu said:

As a user who is looking forward to AS330 release. I want to know if aerosoft has any preventive measures against piracy of machine models. It would be great if you could answer this question briefly.

Most likely yes, but only it if fully transparent to the user. 

For me, as a simmer with experience, I just want to fly from point A to point B, without any failures after a hard day's work (if only with the minimum set). Failure training is carried out as part of the crew, so I don't see the point in doing too deeply developed systems. Best wishes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

In order to disengage the emergency descent function, you either need to push the "EMER DESCENT" pushbutton TWICE or select another vertical mode (e.g. OPEN DES) on the FCU (in the A350 that is).

I know this, because I'm generally interested in aviation and watch videos and read articles about this sort of stuff. If a developer should decide to incorporate these types of modes in their simulation, I will appreciate the dedication and attention for detail and will be willing to pay a higher price for that. That said I admit I will usually simulate a largely uneventful flight from A to B. But I am also happy to occasionally try and see what the simulated aircraft is capable of doing and if I can replicate the thing I was watching or reading about. However, I do get your point of not simulating these emergency modes and that sort of stuff, so you can ask a lower price point and will not get bogged down to much in things the vast majority of your target group won't use or notice anyway. The hard question is, how do you decide what’s worth your time and what’s not?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Herman:

So the A330 will cost 17,50$?

PMDGs 737-600 cost 35$

Fair Enough

• Like 1

2 hours ago, n!ke said:

So the A330 will cost 17,50$?

PMDGs 737-600 cost 35$

Fair Enough

The initial 737 package that established the technology was the 737-700 (I believe $70), so probably you should be considering half of that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1