Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft
Just now, Frap 99 said:

Did you guys do a cabin in the end or it's just the cool thing that changes depending on the angle that you look at it. 

Check the image posted this week. We do not care a lot about the cabin as explained many times. We much rather spend our efforts on the flight deck. These days pilots do not walk the cabin. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
vor einer Stunde schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Check the image posted this week. We do not care a lot about the cabin as explained many times. We much rather spend our efforts on the flight deck. These days pilots do not walk the cabin. 

I think that's good. I look forward to the finished product 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yea ik but it's in relation to the picture where you see the cabin from outside. But I'm not sure if it's really a modelled cabin or the texture visual trick

All A330's for Eurowings Discover are currently in the new livery I believe. The one seen in the previews with registration OO-SFB still has the old livery and operates for Brussels Airlines (that's why the plane has a Belgian registration).

1 hour ago, Laurens Dolmans said:

Is this feature planned to be featured?

Please login to display this image.

This could be great, so it would be easier to guide you in vatsim or ivao so you do not get lost, especially in the big airport like Madrid, New York, boston, frankfurt, etc.

32 minutes ago, Daniel Regueira Filgueiras said:

This could be great, so it would be easier to guide you in vatsim or ivao so you do not get lost, especially in the big airport like Madrid, New York, boston, frankfurt, etc.

I also think it's great! If it's not implemented and they wouldn't mind a request from us then it would simply be this - realistic and doesn't include the cabin!

2 hours ago, TomReborn said:

I also think it's great! If it's not implemented and they wouldn't mind a request from us then it would simply be this - realistic and doesn't include the cabin!

I'm honestly not sure at this point if the "modelled cabin" discussion isn't leading to misunderstandings. There's add-on aircraft in MSFS with fully modelled cabins, and there's aircraft with only three or four individual, small, 3D modelled windows ... the latter (I believe as is the case for the default Asobo 787 and A320) are just to give the appearance in external views of looking from inside through the window over the wing or onto the engine. 

I think that a lot of people (like myself) who are terribly worried about the statement that there would be "no modelled cabin" are worried that there won't even be those cut-out windows for predefined external views. Mathijs' latest screenshots show that there is at least some internal modelling in the entrance, so I have no reason to believe there won't also be three or four modelled windows to "play passenger" from in a handful of predefined external views. I personally don't have a need for a fully, seemlessly modelled cabin, but I do love switching to "passenger gazing out the window over the wing" view after taking my plane up to cruising altitude and then entering the hours-long phase of watching the world go by until TOD slowly approaches. It would be a shame if those window "cut outs" weren't at least there ... if they are, I'm happy not to have a further modelled cabin. 

In the end, this flight simulator is so broad in scope that it can be different things to different people. While many of us are totally focused on the cockpit, others of us (especially over the past three years) have really missed the pax experience. Gazing out an MSFS window over an MSFS A320 (or A330) wing gives us some measure of comfort. I think both views are equally valid and worthy of merit, and if both can be fit into one add-on, then that's great.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, TomReborn said:

Navigraph does a better job. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Tibbo said:

I'm honestly not sure at this point if the "modelled cabin" discussion isn't leading to misunderstandings. There's add-on aircraft in MSFS with fully modelled cabins, and there's aircraft with only three or four individual, small, 3D modelled windows ... the latter (I believe as is the case for the default Asobo 787 and A320) are just to give the appearance in external views of looking from inside through the window over the wing or onto the engine. 

I think that a lot of people (like myself) who are terribly worried about the statement that there would be "no modelled cabin" are worried that there won't even be those cut-out windows for predefined external views. Mathijs' latest screenshots show that there is at least some internal modelling in the entrance, so I have no reason to believe there won't also be three or four modelled windows to "play passenger" from in a handful of predefined external views. I personally don't have a need for a fully, seemlessly modelled cabin, but I do love switching to "passenger gazing out the window over the wing" view after taking my plane up to cruising altitude and then entering the hours-long phase of watching the world go by until TOD slowly approaches. It would be a shame if those window "cut outs" weren't at least there ... if they are, I'm happy not to have a further modelled cabin. 

In the end, this flight simulator is so broad in scope that it can be different things to different people. While many of us are totally focused on the cockpit, others of us (especially over the past three years) have really missed the pax experience. Gazing out an MSFS window over an MSFS A320 (or A330) wing gives us some measure of comfort. I think both views are equally valid and worthy of merit, and if both can be fit into one add-on, then that's great.

It's a flight sim not a passenger sim.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
10 hours ago, Delif said:

It won’t but I wish

Ahum, I do not recognize you are part of the development team, so would you be so kind as to let me make these kinds of statements. This in fact something that is planned, though not on initial release.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

• Aerosoft
5 hours ago, Tibbo said:

I think both views are equally valid and worthy of merit, and if both can be fit into one add-on, then that's great.

Sure, but as project manager I decide the scope of a project and we have not done detailed cabins the last 10 years and do not plan one for this project.  I fully understand this makes some people unhappy. But I am just not willing to spend the time, money, memory and frames on this.  Contrary to other dev teams Aerosoft sells scenery and aircraft, so we know that an aircraft simply should not eat up the majority of system resources. Thinking about Xbox and Cloud versions this is even more important. You simply have a lot less memory to play with.

I suggest to close this discussion as it simply will not change.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

On 12/23/2022 at 6:47 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

No, and I will explain.

We are hard at work with several of the leaders in complex aircraft to get a standardized interface for ACARS and DATALINK.  We feel that VATSIM should take the lead in this. When that all takes too long we'll import the code we had from P3D.

Hi Mathijs,

Can I ask what exactly you are looking for from VATSIM when it comes to ACARS and DATALINK?

You can also email me if its easier - m.torti@vatsim.net

• Thanks 1

• Aerosoft

I am perfectly ok with the fact that there will be no cabin

I think it's more important that we get an aircraft that has a reasonable system depth. 
Where I know that I have all the functions that an MCDU also has. 

I would like to have a decent EFB, which has a great workflow. Without having to change the page 10x to get all the data I need.

Just trust @Mathijs Kok his statements, and the great work of Aerosoft. 

I do, and I know I'll end up with a great product that I'll be happy to use. 

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Ahum, I do not recognize you are part of the development team, so would you be so kind as to let me make these kinds of statements. This in fact something that is planned, though not on initial release.

Hahahaha, it is because I asked the same question a while ago, and the answer was no. That’s why I replied. I hope you’ll be implementing it in the future, it is an amazing feature :)

• Upvote 1