Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

8 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, the way Fenix does it will not work for us because we only do full SDK DLC, so it will work on MSFS PC, Xbox and Steam and can be sold via the marketplace. No matter what you think about the marketplace, it remains by far the biggest place of sale. 

I do not think PMDG is able to do it. But will check and ask them how that's done when they got it working.

Another one I thought of would be the Salty 747/CaptainSim 777 (the modded one with salty systems of course). They also use mostly sdk compatible systems I think and their system is pretty good, if not a little buggy. 

• Aerosoft
34 minutes ago, SoarandSkor said:

Another one I thought of would be the Salty 747/CaptainSim 777 (the modded one with salty systems of course). They also use mostly sdk compatible systems I think and their system is pretty good, if not a little buggy. 

Will check that, but as far as I know that is not marketplace compatible. 

Hi there... As we seen icing (looks damned good and it is good to know it affects the flightmodel, a lot of highly praised DLC simply does not do that), how about rain? PMDG and most other DLC aircraft do not have functioning windshield wipers and almost all that do model it look like crap to be honest.

It rains a lot and in an Airbus most icing systems are automated, so rain is in my book a far more important issue. How are you handling that?

• Aerosoft
vor 39 Minuten schrieb JeremiahChopper:

Hi there... As we seen icing (looks damned good and it is good to know it affects the flightmodel, a lot of highly praised DLC simply does not do that), how about rain? PMDG and most other DLC aircraft do not have functioning windshield wipers and almost all that do model it look like crap to be honest.

It rains a lot and in an Airbus most icing systems are automated, so rain is in my book a far more important issue. How are you handling that?

Reason why no dlc aircraft has it is that this is something that needs to be implemented on a core MSFS level. Nothing addon developers can do about it.

• Aerosoft

Without speaking bad about anybody.... I agree.  Rain is a massive issue for pilots. See the windshield wipers on any airliner make a lot of noise but they do not do a lot.  Drive 50 mph in a heavy rain shower in your car and you see for yourself. Now imagine going 175 mph INSIDE a rain cloud. Rain repellant does not remove rain, it just makes it flow off faster. But it is important for sure. As far as we know a non functioning wiper for the PF and expected rain will ground an aircraft. Simply not allowed to take-off.  

So, just this afternoon we had a long discussion about this. We think we have a few ways to experiment with this and I have high hope this will lead to something that looks okay. Not perfect, but okay.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
2 minutes ago, BenBaron said:

Reason why no dlc aircraft has it is that this is something that needs to be implemented on a core MSFS level. Nothing addon developers can do about it.

I hope to prove you wrong Benjamin! Some of the team members had some suggestions that Anne will try out tomorrow.  As modeling is nearing completion she has some time to experiment. The work on icing weas completed ahead of schedule so before she jumps back on the cockpit to sort out the last issue there I think it is a good idea to allow her to see what can be done. I am a big fan of letting devs have some time to experiment.  It's so rare that that is possible these days. 

Will add you to the discord channel where it is discussed. 

• Aerosoft
vor 11 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

I hope to prove you wrong Benjamin! Some of the team members had some suggestions that Anne will try out tomorrow.  As modeling is nearing completion she has some time to experiment. The work on icing weas completed ahead of schedule so before she jumps back on the cockpit to sort out the last issue there I think it is a good idea to allow her to see what can be done. I am a big fan of letting devs have some time to experiment.  It's so rare that that is possible these days. 

Will add you to the discord channel where it is discussed. 

I for sure like to be proven wrong on this one Mathijs, as it would raise the immersion bar quite a bit :-). Just add me to the channel, please.

16 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Oui, la façon dont Fenix le fait ne fonctionnera pas pour nous car nous ne faisons que du DLC SDK complet, il fonctionnera donc sur MSFS PC, Xbox et Steam et pourra être vendu via le marché. Peu importe ce que vous pensez du marché, il reste de loin le plus grand lieu de vente. 

Je ne pense pas que PMDG soit capable de le faire. Mais va vérifier et leur demander comment cela se fait quand ils l'ont fait fonctionner.

Hello, Mathijs, 

PMDG includes pause at TOD via FMC/FS actions/auto cruise/pause at top of decsent : yes or no.

Have a nice day and look forward to the arrival of this beautiful bird that is A330

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 hours ago, Olli31 said:

Will the product have a time to speed up?  I know many people don't want it, but I don't have time to fly several hours across the Atlantic.

59 minutes ago, LukeB546 said:

Still planning on releasing this year ?

All those questions have been asked and answered, so please use the search function.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Black2306 said:

What about refresh rate ND/PFD? I remember a320 family for p3d and it was low. For example LOC index on PFD  moved with very low refresh rate. 

I do not think this is an issue on MSFS.

And btw, it was exactly as it was on the real A320 in P3D.  Certainly the older models had simple rather slow systems. It is amazing that simmers always think aircraft are ideal and super systems. No real pilot will ever think that!

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 6:56 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Thanks, will ask them how they did it.

They briefly explain it in their manual.  Suffice to say, it uses the "set pause on" and "set pause off" function.  Obviously you need to map the commands on a keyboard to get out of that pause when it activates.  To give you an idea, I flew last evening from EBBR to LIEO with the PMDG 737.  It paused at TOD, fuel stayed exactly as it should - and that was over 20 hours waiting in that mode. Only problem is that sim time went on, live weather, as well as AI aircraft.  Annoying as it doesn't use the dev full pause - but I believe that would also cause issues with the weather system if set to live.  I readjusted the in-game sim time to what it should of been at the TOD.  Not ideal but it works.  Fingers crossed that Asobo will eventually implement the dev mode pause.

If the A330 (and the other Airbuses under dev) uses the same pause at TOD than PMDG, it will definitely be appreciated as it is better than nothing.  Plus it will enable us to fly real time without acceleration and manage our long haul flights more easily with real life...

On 11/14/2022 at 6:45 PM, mopperle said:

What are you exactly referring too?

1 hour ago, Black2306 said:

my hands are already itching to raise this bird

Please login to display this image.

cant wait to do my real flight from Duesseldorf to Istanbul with it, sadly it was GE but I can also do it with RR. I'm glad a proper A333 is getting released cause in XP JarDesign etc, you know not that nice. P3D wasnt something for my specs so yeah can't wait for it hope we get it soon! 

• Like 2

Thank you so much for bringing this beauty on Xbox... Now that I have shifted from a monster noisy PC to a quiet Xbox, This is will be instant buy the day it is released !! 😍

Hi! i love the previews your guys are posting and keep us updated, love the a330 and i cant wait! 

i just wonder how the wingflex of the a330 is going to be on MSFS i hope its much better and more realistically then the p3d version LOVE from Norway ❤️ 

show us if u can and keep up with your awesome work !

• Like 1