Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That is indeed something that is still being worked on. At this moment the simulator does not fully support the animation we would need for a perfect animation (the A330 main gear is very special, not like the 777), but we found that the work arounds from P3D still work more or less okay. 

What we need is full support of inverse kinematics for the gear boogie (tilting of boogie as rear wheels do touch ground first).  Of course we have shared that wish with out friends at Microsoft and are sure this will be implemented at some point. For now what we have looks good.

Thanks for the response. Can't wait to see this plane in the sim!

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, nonoamg said:

I don't know if the question has been asked will the IA autopilot be functional on the xbox version? Or are you having trouble setting it up? thank you

We have not yet been able to test on Xbox (can only be done after release on the Marketplace), but the intention is to keep versions for PX/Xbox/Cloud all exactly the same.

• Like 2

Hey, I'm getting more and more excited for this plane. Can we have a a fast update on how developing is going and what happened in the last week. Maybe also a percentage on how finished the systems are and maybe a picture. 

Greetings from the US!

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 hours ago, Clemens11 said:

Maybe also a percentage on how finished the systems

And dont forget, according to Pareto 20% of a project take 80% of the time. ;)

• Like 1

Hi, I was wondering if there are any other engine options planned besides the Rolls Royce Trent 700 engines shown in your previews? I would find the General Electric CF6-80E engines in particular very cool. I would love to do KLM and Delta long hauls flight ;).

• Like 3

• Aerosoft
12 minutes ago, Laurens Dolmans said:

Hi, I was wondering if there are any other engine options planned besides the Rolls Royce Trent 700 engines shown in your previews? I would find the General Electric CF6-80E engines in particular very cool. I would love to do KLM and Delta long hauls flight ;).

We do not yet know.

• Aerosoft

Most of the icing has been completed today....

Of course, in a A330 you would only get this is you switch off the automated systems but we know customers like i

Please login to display this image.

t.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

I know people love to know at what stage we are... So let me show what I did this afternoon. I went over all the controls on the overhead panel and checked if the modeling was correct, if the manipulation in modern (Xbox) and legacy mode works, if the tooltips were correct, if animations worked as it should etc. painfully slow process but one of the many things that needs to be done.

Here you see how we feed that information back to the modelers and coders:

Of course for more complex bugs we have a bug tracking system. We even developed that ourselves because we found nothing that was simple, fast and had all the features we need.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

• Aerosoft
4 minutes ago, Til1986 said:

It would be kinda cool if you find the aircraft with that kind of icing after it stood at an airport with snow at night.

I do not think that is possible in the sim. And then you would have the problem on how to remove it. De-icing station are not functional in the sim.

One last image from Anne's work today:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I was looking at a pause at ToD feature, does anybody know of another DLC that has that?

I know the Fenix does, and they completely pause the simulation, but that is done through their external software. I think PMDG does it as well but I don't know how it works I just know they have it. I think, if possible, a pause at ToD would be very helpful in a product like this as i know many people will set up a long haul, go to sleep, and sometimes miss ToD, or have pause at ToD enabled for when they wake up.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft

Yes, the way Fenix does it will not work for us because we only do full SDK DLC, so it will work on MSFS PC, Xbox and Steam and can be sold via the marketplace. No matter what you think about the marketplace, it remains by far the biggest place of sale. 

I do not think PMDG is able to do it. But will check and ask them how that's done when they got it working.