Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

2 hours ago, Hugo thester said:

Hello @Mathijs Kok! I am really looking forward to this plane, I am still using the CRJ and I think Aerosoft is doing an outstanding job in MSFS. I will launch two questions (though I am fully aware you might not be able to reply them yet):

1- Last news we had was the A330 was coming end 2022, I imagine there is a slight delay from what I am reading, are you aiming for Q1 2023?

2- After the A330, are there any plans for an A340-600? The community has been very vocal, both in the forums and in reddit about this plane, and it is quite similar to the A330 systemswise afaik.

Thank you for taking the time to engage with us in the forums and best wishes to the team!

Mathijs said back in mid October when someone asked which aircraft they are 
going to develop after the A330.  Someone gave the suggestion A321LR. 
And Mathijs answer was that the A321LR would be a logical chocie to develope after the A330. I may have misunderstod things so someone can maybe correct me if i'm wrong

On 12/5/2022 at 8:16 AM, Uwe Bestmann said:

Hello Mathijs, I was very disappointed about the recently released "Free" A310 from Inibuilds since it needs AVX Support and therefore does not run on my old Machine. Besides the Velocopter also "Free" it's the only Bird that needs AVX Support.

So how about your A330? Can it fly on a Core i5-750 with only 8GB of DDR3 SDRAM? Having no Problem with your other Aircraft as well as with PMDG, Fenix, Hyper Performance Group and others. Only this silly A310. It's all about programming. So if the A330 will run on my System it will be on my List.

I could test it before as Beta Pilot 🙂

Best regards

Even if the A330 does not use AVX (which is highly possible), I recommend moving to a CPU that has all the instructions that are in use today. It's not a matter of devs saying "oh let's use CPU instructions so someone with an i5 750 can't use our bird". Instructions in processors are often like shortcuts (or wildcards) for many tasks that would otherwise demand more time and resources.
an i3-8100 (yes, it's a bit old but if your budget is low it might be a good choice) has good performance and already has almost all the necessary instructions.
I understand if you say "oh but my i5 750 runs MSFS at 25fps", yes, but just the fact that you have that problem with AVX today shows that those minimum requirements were put there for more than just CPU power.

Sorry if I deviated the topic of conversation, I'm as anxious as everyone else to see that A330.

Cheers and thanks to Mathijs for all the time he takes to answer the forum and give us those beautiful pictures.

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Hugo thester said:

Hello @Mathijs Kok! I am really looking forward to this plane, I am still using the CRJ and I think Aerosoft is doing an outstanding job in MSFS. I will launch two questions (though I am fully aware you might not be able to reply them yet):

1- Last news we had was the A330 was coming end 2022, I imagine there is a slight delay from what I am reading, are you aiming for Q1 2023?

2- After the A330, are there any plans for an A340-600? The community has been very vocal, both in the forums and in reddit about this plane, and it is quite similar to the A330 systemswise afaik.

Thank you for taking the time to engage with us in the forums and best wishes to the team!

Sorry, not able to make comments on release date and further plans.

• Aerosoft

Working on the manuals and had some new images of the Performance Tab of the Electronic Flight Bag.

Please login to display this image.

Performance (all imported data, Simbrief and weather)

CG chart

Overview

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

Looks like you guys are making good progress. I have a small question though. You said you didn't model a cabin (don't worry I am totally fine with that) but in the screenshots it actually looks like there is an inside as one can see the inner frame of the window from the correct angle. How does that work?

• Aerosoft

MSFS has a very clever way of simulating an interior of a space using a single 2d bitmap. It looks pretty good and reduces the memory load (keep in mind that is absolute key in MSFS) by 80%. So while we do not allow to to go into the cabin, from the outside there is a cabin. As stated before we rather use all our polygons and framerates in the cockpit. 

• Like 6

I was in Frankfurt for the first time ina. few years last month. Really gave me a gee up to get back simming. Should have loads of time over christmas. A330 FTW :D

Looking forward to Just Flight traffic, the standard models make me sick! I go through phases of Airport Hubs, its usually cork but sometimes Zurich, Frankfurt shall be the christmas base!

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Just a random image.

thank you for this photo of the plane and preparation for delivery 😁 great opening of the doors

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Just a random image.

Hi! This image looks fantastic, but it does seem like the main gear is tilted into the ground slightly. How is the progress on the gear tilt and touchdown animation going? Is it looking smooth like on the Captainsim 777 (I know it isn't a measure of quality but the model and animations on that bird is very good) or is it more like the Headwind a330 NEO where it is a snap animation? I think having a good animation on the landing gear is very important for immersion in an aircraft like this.

On 12/5/2022 at 8:37 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Ahh details... so many details...

See the 417VU marking?

Is "417VU" a parts number and not a function?

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, SoarandSkor said:

Hi! This image looks fantastic, but it does seem like the main gear is tilted into the ground slightly. How is the progress on the gear tilt and touchdown animation going? Is it looking smooth like on the Captainsim 777 (I know it isn't a measure of quality but the model and animations on that bird is very good) or is it more like the Headwind a330 NEO where it is a snap animation? I think having a good animation on the landing gear is very important for immersion in an aircraft like this.

That is indeed something that is still being worked on. At this moment the simulator does not fully support the animation we would need for a perfect animation (the A330 main gear is very special, not like the 777), but we found that the work arounds from P3D still work more or less okay. 

What we need is full support of inverse kinematics for the gear boogie (tilting of boogie as rear wheels do touch ground first).  Of course we have shared that wish with out friends at Microsoft and are sure this will be implemented at some point. For now what we have looks good.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ozanyasar08 said:

Hello Mathijs will there be the special callouts like in real life in some of the A330's for example one hundred and ten for example.. you know what I mean

Yes that would be awesome, as the callouts between the a320 family and the a330 slightly defer. Moreover can we get the a330 V1 callout? And have it as an option if we want it to be enabled or not? That would be really cool

• Like 2