Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

Any updates with regards to the flare law of A330? It just maintains the pitch, no nosedown effect. I'm a 330 pilot also and the feel is really different without the constant back pressure on the stick during landing. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Frap 99 said:

Fenix wants to do othee a320 family variants as well. AS is good but fenix is number 1 on all the a320s ever made

i have spoken to their dev team member , he said they are not working on other 320 family airplanes , yeah fenix is good , i had such a good experience with AS A320 in FSX i never changed to any other A320 simulation ,havent even tried any other either  other than FBW one

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 10/27/2022 at 8:46 PM, Frap 99 said:

Is this how you avoid constructive critics? By using irony?

Where do I avoid constructive critics? Let alone use irony?

I find the notion to switch on hydraulic pumps when on ground to check for leaks „interesting“ from a pilot‘s perspective. I just assumed you are a real world Airbus pilot when you stated that. There are so many different ways of doing things that I was just interested to know which airline does something like this…

Airbus recently changed it‘s checklists for example and I was scratching my head why I should check if the landing lights are switched off in the parking checklist. It happens that some pilot forgot to switch them off and the heat of the landing light cooked off the emergency slide and it deployed into the jetway. You hear something new almost every other day in the aviation world…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

vor 17 Minuten schrieb The Dude:

Airbus recently changed it‘s checklists for example and I was scratching my head why I should check if the landing lights are swichted off in the parking checklist. It happens that some pilot forgot to switch them off and the heat of the landing light cooked off the emergency slide and it deployed into the jetway. You hear something new almost every other day in the aviation world…

Wow that’s interesting. Could you provide us a link to that story?

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Where do I avoid constructive critics? Let alone use irony?

I find the notion to switch on hydraulic pumps when on ground to check for leaks „interesting“ from a pilot‘s perspective. I just assumed you are a real world Airbus pilot when you stated that. There are so many different ways of doing things that I was just interested to know which airline does something like this…

Airbus recently changed it‘s checklists for example and I was scratching my head why I should check if the landing lights are swichted off in the parking checklist. It happens that some pilot forgot to switch them off and the heat of the landing light cooked off the emergency slide and it deployed into the jetway. You hear something new almost every other day in the aviation world…

Im sorry. I heard some do that and its interesting. Bc it activate hydraulic system and if there is a leak you may see it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

@Frap 99 as you started the discussion by demanding to hear PTU sound we can answer this very simple: you will never here a PTU sound, as the A330 got no PTU, other then the 320.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
19 hours ago, Frap 99 said:

Im sorry. I heard some do that and its interesting. Bc it activate hydraulic system and if there is a leak you may see it.

I am sorry, but you must have misunderstood that as well. We have a lot of A330 pilots in our team and none of them can imagine switching on a hydraulic system before the walk around 'to check for leaks'. It is not in any manual we seen,. I have also asked a Airbus connection about this and he wrote me this: "No idea who told you this but it is nonsense. Never heard of it, not in any of our SOPs, not in any of our advise. So let's put this whole thing to bed and close this line of conversation. No PTU and no pressured hydraulic systems before the walk around. 

That is why we depend on pilots and other professionals. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am sorry, but you must have misunderstood that as well. We have a lot of A330 pilots in our team and none of them can imagine switching on a hydraulic system before the walk around 'to check for leaks'. It is not in any manual we seen,. I have also asked a Airbus connection about this and he wrote me this: "No idea who told you this but it is nonsense. Never heard of it, not in any of our SOPs, not in any of our advise. So let's put this whole thing to bed and close this line of conversation. No PTU and no pressured hydraulic systems before the walk around. 

I actually saw/heard this on the youtube channel "737NG Driver" who is a 737 pilot and a member of the PMDG tech team. This was regarding the Boeing 737. Probably a part of the 737 manual but not the airbuses.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

No. that YouTuber is s good friend (he worked for me for many years) and you are not correct. Frap99 posted two statements that are simply incorrect. So that is why we close this line of discussion.  We do not want confusion. So further comments regarding this will be deleted.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 10/29/2022 at 4:20 AM, mopperle said:

@Frap 99 as you started the discussion by demanding to hear PTU sound we can answer this very simple: you will never here a PTU sound, as the A330 got no PTU, other then the 320.

I didnt even start😂😂 all of them were speaking about ptu so i guessed the a330 had one. So the a330 has no ptu?

On 10/29/2022 at 12:48 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Thx for the info. its amazing to know that you have that many connections on your project. Cant wait for the a330👍

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 1:20 PM, TomAce said:

I actually saw/heard this on the youtube channel "737NG Driver" who is a 737 pilot and a member of the PMDG tech team. This was regarding the Boeing 737. Probably a part of the 737 manual but not the airbuses.

Yea exactly. I do that for 737 and i thought it could be applied on airbus as well

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 12:48 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

On 10/29/2022 at 1:23 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

No. that YouTuber is s good friend (he worked for me for many years) and you are not correct. Frap99 posted two statements that are simply incorrect. So that is why we close this line of discussion.  We do not want confusion. So further comments regarding this will be deleted.

And ok ill stop talking about this. But what about the video you said you will do to showcase some stuff? @Mathijs Kok

Am 21.10.2022 um 10:20 schrieb Mathijs Kok:

The A321LR would be a logical choice indeed.

A330neo would also be a great choice :D Looking forward to the A330-300 keep up the great work!

On 10/29/2022 at 6:20 PM, TomAce said:

This makes no sense. Why would you do a walk-around checking for leaks if you have a constant pressure? Its the same in industry, we dont check for leaks in pressure equipment if the pressure is stable. 

You'd do it in a maintenance check but not a pre flight inspection.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JasonmCork said:

This makes no sense. Why would you do a walk-around checking for leaks if you have a constant pressure? Its the same in industry, we dont check for leaks in pressure equipment if the pressure is stable. 

You'd do it in a maintenance check but not a pre flight inspection.

Well 737ng said it and he is a real 737 pilot

12 hours ago, Frap 99 said:

Well 737ng said it and he is a real 737 pilot

Ya i just asked a guy in Atlantic Aviation Academy in cork, Who train Ryanair pilots.

The hydraulic system and external flight controls are visually checked-unpressurised. 

3 hours ago, Daniel Regueira Filgueiras said:

Could you tell us what percentage is progressing? 80%?

Well like most software projects it is 95% complete but the last 5% takes more than half the elapsed time. 

• Like 1