Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

3 hours ago, Frap 99 said:

also any idea of the price tag?

Considering what's on the market for Payware and even the freeware aspects of things like Cabins, sound environments in MSFS allready there that this developer refuses to address?, asking for more than $40 U.S.D would be stretching it, Id probably stick to the free A330neo at this point. Now let the downvotes began.

• Upvote 1

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Frap 99:

so there would literally be no sounds from the gear? for example when youre in 3rd person? a ptu/elec hydraulic sound would be great at least for walk-arounds, Im not the one who is gonna ask for cabin and everything but walk around are really essential

yeah i agree, some nice outside 3d sounds are very essential, for example in the fenix a320, when you do a walk around, it just sounds so immersive.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, crash_to_desktop said:

Considering what's on the market for Payware and even the freeware aspects of things like Cabins, sound environments in MSFS allready there that this developer refuses to address?, asking for more than $40 U.S.D would be stretching it, Id probably stick to the free A330neo at this point. Now let the downvotes began.

Why would that get you a downvote? You simply will not buy this product, because you do not agree with our ideas on where to spend our scares resources. That's all.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
37 minutes ago, Luca_ 04 said:

yeah i agree, some nice outside 3d sounds are very essential, for example in the fenix a320, when you do a walk around, it just sounds so immersive.

Of of course we have external sounds. But when the pilot does his walk around the gear simply does not produce any sound.  The PTU etc do and these are all included. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Aerosoft
9 hours ago, Frap 99 said:

also any idea of the price tag?

Nothing we are willing to release at this moment. As with all our products it will be modest though. We are not fans of very high priced add-ons. They simply do not good on the Marketplace.

• Upvote 2

There are products that on other platforms cost up to 80.00 US. I will pay what Aerosoft wants as long as it's up to their standards. my only request is on the MSFS platform we get a Tutorial. 

JeffG

15 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Of of course we have external sounds. But when the pilot does his walk around the gear simply does not produce any sound.  The PTU etc do and these are all included. 

Oh yea thats enough for us. Thanks. Hopefully the plane will be a real good point A to B a/c👍

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Aerofly Clips said:

Can You please show us the flaps and the gear Sound in the Video? Or the sound in general 

I will when they are completed. But let me ask you something.

What exactly do you expect to hear on the flight deck (keep in mind that is basically all we care about in this project) when you extend flaps in flight?

In our previous A330 for P3D customers more or less forced us to add many sounds that pilots simply do not hear.  After many many years I decided in sounds realism does not really matter a lot, you have to include what the customer expects to hear. So even with the engines at at take-off settings they expect the typical airbus barking dog sounds to be audible on the flight deck when the hydraulic system needs to pressure the system to retract the gears.  When we played that sound only when the hydraulic pressure was low (as is real), they told us they wanted it to play when gears were extended (even though that is mainly by gravity). 

Last weekend I discussed this with some friends who fly A380 (they were stuck in Toulouse and I offered drinks, duh...). They simply do not hear gear or flaps. They might feel a vibration or a change in pitch but it simply is not audible. The A330 is smaller but it basically is the same.  And that is without even discussing the fancy noise canceling headsets pilots wear.  Normally they are on al the time between startup and cruise level and TOD to shut down. Exactly when they handle gears and flaps. If they would hear flaps or gear they would pick another headset. 

So again, what do you expect? What pilots actually hear or what a passenger sitting on the wing spar hears?

I learned my lesson and will do what customers want. You want to hear flaps, gears and spoilers from the flight deck? Easy, as it is not realistic anyway (so you can't record them) these are not hard to do. If you want a realistic sound set we simply remove all these sounds. Even easier. It all depends on what you, Aerofly Clips, actually expect. 

------------------------

Yes, as everybody In was impressed by the video from FBW team. It was seriously cool.

But the animation we have is at least as good and we do not care a lot about sounds that you only hear when the aircraft is on testing stands. Do you really want to pay for something that looks great in a video but you simply will never hear? 

And yeah I know I am promoting freeware. But I love what the FBW team is doing.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 11

Would it be possible to get an option to turn down certain sounds to what is realistic, though? One thing that kept me from flying the AS 330 for P3D was the fact that the engines were so loud during cruise, could you make it so that we could turn those down?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I will when they are completed. But let me ask you something.

What exactly do you expect to hear on the flight deck (keep in mind that is basically all we care about in this project) when you extend flaps in flight?

In our previous A330 for P3D customers more or less forced us to add many sounds that pilots simply do not hear.  After many many years I decided in sounds realism does not really matter a lot, you have to include what the customer expects to hear. So even with the engines at at take-off settings they expect the typical airbus barking dog sounds to be audible on the flight deck when the hydraulic system needs to pressure the system to retract the gears.  When we played that sound only when the hydraulic pressure was low (as is real), they told us they wanted it to play when gears were extended (even though that is mainly by gravity). 

Last weekend I discussed this with some friends who fly A380 (they were stuck in Toulouse and I offered drinks, duh...). They simply do not hear gear or flaps. They might feel a vibration or a change in pitch but it simply is not audible. The A330 is smaller but it basically is the same.  And that is without even discussing the fancy noise canceling headsets pilots wear.  Normally they are on al the time between startup and cruise level and TOD to shut down. Exactly when they handle gears and flaps. If they would hear flaps or gear they would pick another headset. 

So again, what do you expect? What pilots actually hear or what a passenger sitting on the wing spar hears?

I learned my lesson and will do what customers want. You want to hear flaps, gears and spoilers from the flight deck? Easy, as it is not realistic anyway (so you can't record them) these are not hard to do. If you want a realistic sound set we simply remove all these sounds. Even easier. It all depends on what you, Aerofly Clips, actually expect. 

------------------------

Yes, as everybody In was impressed by the video from FBW team. It was seriously cool.

But the animation we have is at least as good and we do not care a lot about sounds that you only hear when the aircraft is on testing stands. Do you really want to pay for something that looks great in a video but you simply will never hear? 

And yeah I know I am promoting freeware. But I love what the FBW team is doing.

I agree, do not add sounds that we would not normally hear. It would break realism. Electrical yellow hydraulic pump noise and ptu when walkaround is enough

• Upvote 1

I also fully agree with Mathijs, it is the same discussion of people wanting to see a state-of-the-art passenger cabin in the simulator.

In my opinion the main focus of a Flight Simulator should be the simulation of what pilots do, see and hear.

If you want an excellent "passenger simulator", just buy at 15 EUR ticket on a low-cost airline, it will be cheaper than buying a lot of sim addons ;)

Any idea of release date of A320 series and A330 , i am a huge fan aerosoft A320 i have it in FSX , but i would rather buy aerosoft than fenix A320 , so i just want to know which month to expect it

when we are in cockpit view we should only hear what pilot hears in real life , when we switch to passenger view then we should hear what passenger hears like flap sounds etc, FBW a320 has those sounds so aerosoft should be better than freeware

• Aerosoft
21 hours ago, CaptainLHKLM said:

Would it be possible to get an option to turn down certain sounds to what is realistic, though? One thing that kept me from flying the AS 330 for P3D was the fact that the engines were so loud during cruise, could you make it so that we could turn those down?

P3D has the options to set the level of different sounds, engine is one of them.

• Aerosoft
20 hours ago, Frap 99 said:

I agree, do not add sounds that we would not normally hear. It would break realism. Electrical yellow hydraulic pump noise and ptu when walkaround is enough

But why would the PTU be audible when you walk around the aircraft? I know people want it, but what hydraulic power could be transferred between systems during a walk around? 'Cause that is what the PTU does, when one system has low pressure and others have pressure to spare it is shared. And it is ONLY active if one of the hydraulic pumps has failed. "In aviation, a power transfer unit (PTU) is a device that transfers hydraulic power from one of an aircraft's hydraulic systems to another in the event that second system has failed or been turned off."

See what I mean? We can't win this, lol. 

• Aerosoft
11 hours ago, Robby400D said:

I also fully agree with Mathijs, it is the same discussion of people wanting to see a state-of-the-art passenger cabin in the simulator.

In my opinion the main focus of a Flight Simulator should be the simulation of what pilots do, see and hear.

If you want an excellent "passenger simulator", just buy at 15 EUR ticket on a low-cost airline, it will be cheaper than buying a lot of sim addons ;)

But I guarantee you the sound set will be seen as unrealistic by most users and a lot of reviewers if we do that. Every aircraft they ever bought for the sim has audible flaps and gear in the cockpit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1