Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

1 hour ago, YetiAir said:

I stopped watching this video after less then 1min. This is just my personal opinion so please don't mind. Even if the video is about the EFB, I can't watch it if I see someone is trying to climb out with a speed of less then 120. That's so unrealistic and then I don't continue with such videos. Sadly most youtubers are doing reviews and previews just for the money and clicks and honestly 99% have no clue what they are doing in the cockpit and about the procedures.

This video is not done by Aerosoft and aircraft shown is Headwind A330 Neo just as a background. It's even clearly shown in the video ;)

• Upvote 1

Hey team, great work so far!

I have a question regarding the throttle calibration in the EFB.

If you’re using eg Saitek throttles that still utilise button activation for reverse thrust, will this be accommodated for (as opposed to having reverse thrust as an axis option only)?

• Aerosoft

Hi,

Yes, most likely.
The buttons will need to be assigned to the THROTTLE 1 DECREASE and THROTTLE 2 DECREASE functions.

The axis portion will be solely used for the throttle control. 
-->This needs to be confirmed however.

Please login to display this image.

Best regards.

• Like 2

vor 17 Stunden schrieb marsh:

Mathijs will there be a cabin in the a330 and will it be really low res like the crj? 

It’s a flight simulator and not a cabin crew simulator ! Always wondering why people care about the cabin. You spend 99% of the time in the cockpit and just for one quick view into the cabin it’s not worth modeling it with a high resolution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

vor einer Stunde schrieb YetiAir:

It’s a flight simulator and not a cabin crew simulator ! Always wondering why people care about the cabin. You spend 99% of the time in the cockpit and just for one quick view into the cabin it’s not worth modeling it with a high resolution.

If the cabin won’t be modeled they could at least include a cabin sound for the wing view so you don’t get deaf from the engine sounds. FSLabs has that!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Our aircraft products always focus very much on the job of the pilot and as such we find a cabin simply not a priority. Cabin crew has that job. I know not everybody agrees with that, but it simply is our approach. 

There are also other reasons. It lowers development costs (if you compare FSLabs compare it with an aircraft with the same price), it increases framerates (again, compare what we did with FSLabs). In MSFS you have also additional possible issues with cross platform compatibility. If we can only use a finite number of polygons we prefer to do so where it counts most.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

vor 11 Stunden schrieb YetiAir:

The CRJ has a cabin.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Benutzer said:

The CRJ has a cabin

CRJ product is a aircraft:

Publisher by AEROSOFT

Developed by DIGITAL AVIATION partnership with Aerosoft.

Aerosoft aircraft product focus is:

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Our aircraft products always focus very much on the job of the pilot and as such we find a cabin simply not a priority. Cabin crew has that job. I know not everybody agrees with that, but it simply is our approach.

• Thanks 3

vor 17 Stunden schrieb YetiAir:

Ok this is your opinion. But the questions for the cabin are okay. We have it in the Fenix and it is a nice feature. PMDG has it also. Why so angry if COSTUMERS ask for it - I can’t understand. I think this question has it’s place and it is right to ask for it. 99,9 % of us are not pilots and for me it is nice to have it for the feeling especially if you do the walkaround with the drone before flight. If there is non - okay no prob. Like I said - nice to have and for my opinion a good question. 

• Upvote 8

9 hours ago, flieger1978 said:

Ok this is your opinion. But the questions for the cabin are okay. We have it in the Fenix and it is a nice feature. PMDG has it also. Why so angry if COSTUMERS ask for it - I can’t understand. I think this question has it’s place and it is right to ask for it. 99,9 % of us are not pilots and for me it is nice to have it for the feeling especially if you do the walkaround with the drone before flight. If there is non - okay no prob. Like I said - nice to have and for my opinion a good question. 

I agree with that 

• Aerosoft
12 hours ago, flieger1978 said:

Well, as I have shown late last week, we do care a lot about the walk-around. Show me any DLC that has the level of details on engines etc and we'll talk. The simple fact is that pilots these days hardly ever enter the cabin. This is not a the 1980 were pilots would walk the cabin to bask in the admiration of the passengers. As said, we focus on the task of the pilots. Not the task of the cabin crew, not on the aircraft actually. 

If this angers you in any way and you feel a DLC should simulate not only what the pilots need to do but also what passengers have to endure (is there any other term?), you are probably looking for another product. Sorry we could not satisfy your demands. However, this is not only my opinion as you suggest, it is also the project definition the developers work on. I write those.  Again, this simply might not be the A330 you want. I am sure there will be others.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Well, as I have shown late last week, we do care a lot about the walk-around. Show me any DLC that has the level of details on engines etc and we'll talk. The simple fact is that pilots these days hardly ever enter the cabin. This is not a the 1980 were pilots would walk the cabin to bask in the admiration of the passengers. As said, we focus on the task of the pilots. Not the task of the cabin crew, not on the aircraft actually. 

If this angers you in any way and you feel a DLC should simulate not only what the pilots need to do but also what passengers have to endure (is there any other term?), you are probably looking for another product. Sorry we could not satisfy your demands. However, this is not only my opinion as you suggest, it is also the project definition the developers work on. I write those.  Again, this simply might not be the A330 you want. I am sure there will be others.

Dear Mathijs, 

thanks for your answer. I am a little bit speechless. But okay thanks again. 

• Upvote 4

Hey, what % of completion would you say the aircraft is, i heard you guys said it will come out this year for sure. Is that still true? Im very hyped for this plane and it looks good. Any approximate release window? Does the seat arm rest can be moved? Can the window opens? Also will it have a gsx profile?

Hi

What about VR. Have you been able to trim the sim performance well enough so that it works just as smooth as PMDG?
The CRJ VR do not work very well.

Mats

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DerbeQ said:

Oh, it's once again me... I scrolled looking for an answer, but didn't find any... will cargo option be included as well?

Already answered but its far back. I asked this a few months ago and i was told "Not planned"

I cant see it being changed seeing as AS never did it for P3D. But who knows