Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, Eleuth said:

Hi Mathijs, the looks of the EFB are very similar to the FBW A320 EFB.

Do you work together or do they help you or the other way around?

They are good friends and we are always happy to assist them in any way we can (as they the same to us), but for the EFB no code has been shared. 

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, EnergyzerTV said:

EFB looks fantastic! and easy to use, unlike some other competitors out there :D

This isnt strictly related to the A330 but it made me wonder, since the A330 EFB will have Charts and Simbrief uplink support. Would there be any plans in the future to add this functionality to the CRJ EFB as well? could be really handy

A good question, one I am unable to answer at this moment.

• Aerosoft

As you have been asking for images I asked Stefan to make me some. All work at this moment is in 3DMax so it is not from the sim that makes everything look a lot more beautiful. It is also work in progress so not everything is done.

What I will show you is two decal layers of the engines. The first shows the panels with the opening mechanisms etc. 

Please login to display this image.

As I keep saying, decals are what makes this sim so special. Screw heads are simply visible on the panels. On an aircraft that is 208 feet long. To get the same results with 'high res' textures would mean textures of unmanagable scale. Something like 16K textures. Try to feed those to your graphics card. Using decals we can keep a 2k background on the aircraft and keep memory load low and details high.  If you read of a project that has 'high res' textures, the first thing you should ask the devs, why did you not use decals?

The next layer is the text layer.

Please login to display this image.

Every single sticker with text is legible. That sometimes a 10 point text. Again, try doing that with 'high res textures!

I assume you also understand why aircraft development is so much more expensive then it used to be. The textures for an engine in P3D used to be one wrap-around 256kb texture that a good modeler would do in a few hours. Now it takes easily two weeks and we need somebody to spellcheck. 

Do not be mistaken, we love it, the sky is literarily the limit. You could literally model a grain of sand in a screw head. With shadows, bumpmaps etc.  Would make no sense but the sim will handle it. In our Offshore project we have 3d models that have 6.500.000 polygons. One object that is as complex as a complete high def airport. And the sim has no problems with it. 

This simulator is so freaking good that we are still learning new things every single day. That makes working fun.

• Like 6

• Aerosoft
6 minutes ago, DerbeQ said:

Looks great, what engine options will be included? All of them?

Nope, R&R for starters, we might do others later. Adding a new engine is several months of work and we really want to get the first edition out before I go in retirement. 

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Nope, R&R for starters, we might do others later. Adding a new engine is several months of work and we really want to get the first edition out before I go in retirement. 

Hello Mathijs, 

Is there any indication on whether we will be flying the A330 for the cross the pond VATSIM event coming up soon? 

• Aerosoft
6 minutes ago, Jason O Neill said:

Hello Mathijs, 

Is there any indication on whether we will be flying the A330 for the cross the pond VATSIM event coming up soon? 

Sorry, not willing to share that. Have been bitten to many times, lol.
I can only say that we are happy with progress and that is a statement that is as useful as saying that ice is cold,

Hi,

Will there be an option to configure altitide callouts? Will there also be a Vone callout as almost every A330 IRL has it?

Note: A320 and A330 altitude callouts sound slightly different, It's the same voice but in the "pronouncination" there is a small difference between them. I noticed that the P3D verison has the A320 variant of altitide callouts.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, KevinHansson said:

Hi,

Will there be an option to configure altitide callouts? Will there also be a Vone callout as almost every A330 IRL has it?

Note: A320 and A330 altitude callouts sound slightly different, It's the same voice but in the "pronouncination" there is a small difference between them. I noticed that the P3D verison has the A320 variant of altitide callouts.....

Yeah!!! Would love it!

• Aerosoft
11 hours ago, KevinHansson said:

Hi,

Will check on that.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, 김동진 said:

Hello, I wonder if Landing gear animation gonna be modeled likes x-plane 12 a330 main gear

An issue still being worked on actually. The inverse kinematic animation needed for that is putting up a fight.  We will do what is possible.

• Thanks 1

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

I stopped watching this video after less then 1min. This is just my personal opinion so please don't mind. Even if the video is about the EFB, I can't watch it if I see someone is trying to climb out with a speed of less then 120. That's so unrealistic and then I don't continue with such videos. Sadly most youtubers are doing reviews and previews just for the money and clicks and honestly 99% have no clue what they are doing in the cockpit and about the procedures.

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

I would be very carfully with such comments. The A330 is still WIP and you simply have no clue what he did exactly in that moment and what happened why.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

• Aerosoft
4 minutes ago, mopperle said:

I would be very carfully with such comments. The A330 is still WIP and you simply have no clue what he did exactly in that moment and what happened why.

Keep in mind this video does not show our A330, it is the Headwind neo mod.