Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, Abdulaziz Mo. said:

Oh he deleted it, is aerosoft going to develop a boat for the sim ?!!!!!!!

Not knowing the context fully I guess you are refering to a post that was meant for the Offshore Industries: North-Western Europe add-on that includes multiple different boats (scenery objects) in the product.

I might be biased, but I hope this livery makes the cut. 😅

Also out of curiosity, will the A330 have a full cabin interior?

Keep up the great work!

Please login to display this image.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Dutch_fsx_Pilot said:

would be cool

Interesting.  From my perspective, I'd much rather have a company foregoe non-operational parts of the the aircraft and give a higher level of fidelity to the operational parts.   After all, there is not an unlimited about of processor (CPU/GPU) bandwidth.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Interesting.  From my perspective, I'd much rather have a company foregoe non-operational parts of the the aircraft and give a higher level of fidelity to the operational parts.   After all, there is not an unlimited about of processor (CPU/GPU) bandwidth.

We can have both.

In multiple highly complex planes already released for MSFS, a cabin is included and can be disabled on-the-fly for users who have performance issues.

MSFS unlocks a lot of performance potential, I say push it to its max.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, fahdriyami said:

Keep up the great work!

If it doesn't "make the cut", someone (probably me) will make it and put it on flightsim.to ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, fahdriyami said:

We can have both.

In multiple highly complex planes already released for MSFS, a cabin is included and can be disabled on-the-fly for users who have performance issues.

MSFS unlocks a lot of performance potential, I say push it to its max.

Well, I dunno. I've worked development and test teams on some of the finest Flight Sim aircraft over the past 25 years, including here, the Leonardo Maddog, and Majestic Dash 8 Q400.  I'm very familiar with MSFS, thank you.  This issue is just not what you're thinking it is, but I'm confident I won't change your mind.  If you want a Passenger Simulator, then you aren't alone. Maybe some day someone will make it.  Lord knows we've joked around about it for over 2 decades.

My very best to you my friend.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, fahdriyami said:

Keep up the great work!

So, no. No full cabin interior modelled

I don't get this obsession with cabins now. I've like looked at it about twice since I've flown the Fenix. Cabins remind me how boring flying can be just waiting to get to your destination. Rather time be spent on the parts the pilot utilises and there's better views out the cockpit. That cockpit go pro camera view is the best!!!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Well, I dunno. I've worked development and test teams on some of the finest Flight Sim aircraft over the past 25 years, including here, the Leonardo Maddog, and Majestic Dash 8 Q400.  I'm very familiar with MSFS, thank you.  This issue is just not what you're thinking it is, but I'm confident I won't change your mind.  If you want a Passenger Simulator, then you aren't alone. Maybe some day someone will make it.  Lord knows we've joked around about it for over 2 decades.

My very best to you my friend.

I'm not asking for a "passenger simulator", I'm asking for a more complete rendition of the aircraft.

By your logic, devs shouldn't bother including an external model of the aircraft at all, because all the action happens in the cockpit and even real life full-motion flight simulators obviously don't have an external model.

You could then say no, an external model is vital because real pilots do a walkaround inspection before a flight, and that's true. But real pilots also walk through the cabin for a number of reasons.

I'm just saying that since MSFS makes better use of hardware, giving us more performance headroom to have both a highly-complex plane and an interior model at the same time, might as well utilize it to its fullest.

• Like 2

• Aerosoft
On 7/15/2022 at 7:38 PM, Secondator said:

Not knowing the context fully I guess you are refering to a post that was meant for the Offshore Industries: North-Western Europe add-on that includes multiple different boats (scenery objects) in the product

Correct, brainfart on my end.

• Aerosoft
20 hours ago, fahdriyami said:

You could then say no, an external model is vital because real pilots do a walkaround inspection before a flight, and that's true. But real pilots also walk through the cabin for a number of reasons.

I am wondering what those reasons are. The time one of pilots would walk the cabin to see it everything was okay is a few decades behind us. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, VBHB said:

I don't get this obsession with cabins now. I've like looked at it about twice since I've flown the Fenix. Cabins remind me how boring flying can be just waiting to get to your destination. Rather time be spent on the parts the pilot utilises and there's better views out the cockpit. That cockpit go pro camera view is the best!!!

I'm the same. Id like a few cabin sounds like the passengers boarding etc but thats about it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am wondering what those reasons are. The time one of pilots would walk the cabin to see it everything was okay is a few decades behind us. 

Depending on the airline, they are allowed out for "wellbeing" purposes. ie. to go to the bathroom, or just to stretch their legs if it's a long-haul flight. Seen a pilot do it in 2019 I think, pre-covid.

In the sim, obviously you dont need to go to the bathroom lol but I have been taking walks down the cabins of the existing planes just for a change of scenery. It's actually quite relaxing, especially in VR. 😅