Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft
11 hours ago, Thomas Philibert said:

With all the respect I have for you, I have seen that WIP pictures but I think it's hard to believe that you are going to redo an entire fuselage now that you have presented it.

Well then you might be surprised! I will be more careful next time inserting images to the forum to avoid these kinds of problems though.

• Like 1

Some people are just totally unaware of how development works. Keep up the good work Aerosoft, looking forward to flying a decent Airbus widebody in MSFS!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Looking forward to the A320, as Aerosoft always did produce the best A320 and Airbus family.

Would ideally like option once released, to purchasable within MSFS's own in-sim store as well. This is one reason I haven't purchased PMDG's 737 yet due to it's absence within MSFS's store. 

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Star1 said:

Looking forward to the A320, as Aerosoft always did produce the best A320 and Airbus family.

Would ideally like option once released, to purchasable within MSFS's own in-sim store as well. This is one reason I haven't purchased PMDG's 737 yet due to it's absence within MSFS's store. 

Unless absolutely impossible, like with OnAir (https://www.onair.company/) we have decided that we want to be available on as many platforms as possible. That means our shop, our affiliated shops and for sure the Microsoft Marketplace.  We are not alone, companies like PMDG, Carenado have the same idea.  Let me give you a good example why I feel that is super important. It's 19:42 and I had a long day with meetings, but I got to give some comments on scenery projects from befriended competitors tomorrow. Now I can do that by staying in my office. 

Or I could take my Bluetooth controller, move to the living room, switch on my Samsung TV, start MSFS Cloud (yes, it ONLY needs my 2022 Samsung TV, nothing more), select an aircraft (I have not yet tried the Carenado PA44) and fly. Loads in 30 seconds, framerate is great and the TV is 75''.  In my experience it is better then on my Xbox Console! Without computer, without buying the simulator, just a few Euro's a month for hundreds of titles including MSFS.  Try Citizen Sleeper!

Most people on this forum are pretty high end PC users. They are experienced, have high end systems. They simply do not see that over half of sales of MSFS DLC is not to people like them these days. Some of them have never bought the sim. Some of them never bought any computer. Some of them do not even have a console.  But they still buy add-ons.

MSFS on Xbox Cloud is the sleeper in our community. It just works, it just bloody works well. If you are serious simmer you should try it.  Cost peanuts to try and if you have a tablet, console, old laptop or a PC from 2002, you will find it just works.  No more messing with crashes, graphics cards, configurations. Just click and fly. 

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Unless absolutely impossible, like with OnAir (https://www.onair.company/) we have decided that we want to be available on as many platforms as possible. That means our shop, our affiliated shops and for sure the Microsoft Marketplace.  We are not alone, companies like PMDG, Carenado have the same idea.  Let me give you a good example why I feel that is super important. It's 19:42 and I had a long day with meetings, but I got to give some comments on scenery projects from befriended competitors tomorrow. Now I can do that by staying in my office. 

Or I could take my Bluetooth controller, move to the living room, switch on my Samsung TV, start MSFS Cloud (yes, it ONLY needs my 2022 Samsung TV, nothing more), select an aircraft (I have not yet tried the Carenado PA44) and fly. Loads in 30 seconds, framerate is great and the TV is 75''.  In my experience it is better then on my Xbox Console! Without computer, without buying the simulator, just a few Euro's a month for hundreds of titles including MSFS.  Try Citizen Sleeper!

Most people on this forum are pretty high end PC users. They are experienced, have high end systems. They simply do not see that over half of sales of MSFS DLC is not to people like them these days. Some of them have never bought the sim. Some of them never bought any computer. Some of them do not even have a console.  But they still buy add-ons.

MSFS on Xbox Cloud is the sleeper in our community. It just works, it just bloody works well. If you are serious simmer you should try it.  Cost peanuts to try and if you have a tablet, console, old laptop or a PC from 2002, you will find it just works.  No more messing with crashes, graphics cards, configurations. Just click and fly. 

That's very interesting, I will certainly look into trying MSFS on Xbox Cloud at some point.

My current PC is the AORUS 17X-YD (2021 model variant), which has i9-11980HK 8-core overclocked up to 5GHz, RTX 3080 (Max-Q), 64GB RAM, 1x Corsair MP410 8TB M.2 NVMe SSD (for game storage) & 1x 512GB SSD (for main boot drive)... Though the laptop has a very pleasing 300Hz VRR IPS 17" HD display, I do however have it permanently plugged into an external Samsung QN90B 50" (2022 model) 144Hz VRR QLED 4K display. This setup makes for a fairly enjoyable gaming experience in which most all games run extremely well with Ultra settings on 4K, with VRR (G-Sync) giving appearance of very smooth gameplay. However MSFS 2020 is a difficult one and always appears to have a micro stutter and occasional judder no matter what the settings are set at and even when the FPS counter is reporting/verifying decent frame rates, the eye doesn't see this. I don't even believe it's utilising VRR/G-Sync properly.

Admittedly it never even occurred to me to use or try MSFS on Xbox Cloud. Naturally having aircraft purchasable within MSFS Marketplace would allow high-end Aircraft models to be loaded straight into the simulator within the Xbox Cloud and thus not stuck with a PC install version that couldn't be used for cloud gaming. Therefore until I get a quantum computer in the future that will finally run Flight Simulator the way it was always meant to be experienced, it could be well worth looking into MSFS in the cloud for better or best achievable performance (internet bandwidth allowing I would assume). The only drawback I imagine, would be using aircraft style controllers for PC... but at least we have multiple options and admittedly I often fly casually with a Bluetooth attached gamepad to my PC (DualSense 5 gamepad using DS4Windows utility and also Xbox Elite V2 gamepad) but plan on getting the HOTAS Warthog stick & throttle along with the pendulum rudder pedals at some point.

I will look into the cloud side of it for sure.

• Like 2

Fine details there! A bit of a challenge to take-off with an A330 from Madeira LOL It is possible by the way (for both CEO and NEO):

• Like 4

@Mathijs Kok Beautiful shots so far! Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet, but will the MSFS version include options to adjust the FPS of the displays? The P3D version, as beautiful and joyful as it is to fly, has a less than ideal PFD/ND refresh rate, and it certainly would be a nice feature for the user to be able to adjust it.

This is looking great, can't wait! One thing tho, regarding the main landing gear. Are you planning to add the wires that goes along the upside of the main gear bogies? If I remember correctly these were missing/not included in the p3d version of the aircraft.

• Aerosoft
On 7/8/2022 at 6:06 PM, alex86 said:

@Mathijs Kok Beautiful shots so far! Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet, but will the MSFS version include options to adjust the FPS of the displays? The P3D version, as beautiful and joyful as it is to fly, has a less than ideal PFD/ND refresh rate, and it certainly would be a nice feature for the user to be able to adjust it.

Well.... Depending on the version, the real displays had a less then ideal framerate, lol. Keep in mind these are 1980's computers. 

In MSFS however the frame issue is far less problematic so I do not expect problems.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

On 7/7/2022 at 10:09 PM, Er!k said:

Fine details there! A bit of a challenge to take-off with an A330 from Madeira LOL It is possible by the way (for both CEO and NEO):

Taking off is the easy part, its the landing that's nailbiting. Also, Madeira's runway can accomodate a 747-400, so its a breeze for the A330 to depart outta there.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 8:34 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

The model should be completed in the next 4 weeks, But systems, sounds etc are still a bit more work.

Nice job Mathijs! thank you!

At this time I believe the team achived a completed model! right?

What's the next step? systems? share more please!

I'm dreaming flying the long haul tour on IVAO with this beaty!

• Like 4

Am 31.1.2021 um 15:18 schrieb asturias:

Excellent news, but I have a question
Will the A333 version come complete on A332 / A333 and all engine variants?
Thank you

PS: I feel my English, it's not good

I would also really appreciate that. But I assume AS will only do A333 RR as in P3D

thank you so much for all the updates...this bird looks fantastic and can not wait to get it in MSFS ...i know no final decision has been made on this but given this will be the first worth getting long range aircraft this bird should come equipped with the extra center tank !!! just my two cents !! 

• Aerosoft
55 minutes ago, Manuel18 said:

thank you so much for all the updates...this bird looks fantastic and can not wait to get it in MSFS ...i know no final decision has been made on this but given this will be the first worth getting long range aircraft this bird should come equipped with the extra center tank !!! just my two cents !! 

I will discuss this in the next project meeting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Please login to display this image.

With custom cabin sounds? :)

• Like 5