Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

32 minutes ago, seb851 said:

On this photo, I have the impression of seeing decals instead of 3D windows like on the CRJ or the PMDG 737 

If I remember well, Mathijs told us it won't feature a modeled cabin. They will use a very advanced parallax effect, to create the same feeling. All of this in order to save performances.

Note : I may be wrong, and maybe I don't remember well. Correct me if it's wrong :)

Any news regarding the pause function and Pause at t/d?
Real pause or the built in "active pause" that do not pause time and will empty the tanks?

Mats

• Aerosoft
18 hours ago, Hugo_J said:

If I remember well, Mathijs told us it won't feature a modeled cabin. They will use a very advanced parallax effect, to create the same feeling. All of this in order to save performances.

Note : I may be wrong, and maybe I don't remember well. Correct me if it's wrong :)

You are correct.

• Like 1

I cant wait for this, it looks fantastic! My only worry is not getting time to fly.

Since becoming a father my time is limited. I haven't even flown the Fenix yet!

And as fantastic as these developers are, i don't think there much you can do for that!

Last summer what i was doing was getting up a hour earlier while working from home, Taking off just before 8 and landing either at lunch or after 5. I may have to go back to this! :D

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 6/29/2022 at 5:58 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Some more images.

Please login to display this image.

Again, work in progress, things will change.

Are you seriously going to sell this fuselage who are from FSX with textured portholes while the Microsoft SDK allows you to make 3D effect windows in a few hours?  i can count the edges and see the pixelised portholes.

I am frankly very skeptical when I see the external model, I don't understand how a payware editor can validate this. If it stays like this, prepare to receive a ton of messages about your external model.

You are supposed to pull the simulation up, not down.

Edit : I just saw you will use the parallaxe portholes, that a good point but the critic remain for the fuselage.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, Thomas Philibert said:

Are you seriously going to sell this fuselage who are from FSX with textured portholes while the Microsoft SDK allows you to make 3D effect windows in a few hours?  i can count the edges and see the pixelised portholes.

I am frankly very skeptical when I see the external model, I don't understand how a payware editor can validate this. If it stays like this, prepare to receive a ton of messages about your external model.

You are supposed to pull the simulation up, not down.

Edit : I just saw you will use the parallaxe portholes, that a good point but the critic remain for the fuselage.

What part of "Again, work in progress, things will change" did you miss? 🤔

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Thomas Philibert said:

Are you seriously going to sell this fuselage who are from FSX with textured portholes 

Bro they never made an A330 for FSX

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Hey there!

I have a quick question. Can you please explain to me or us why you are not adding features like a cabin, cabin sounds etc. because of the fact that you're focussing on a cockpit, while you are adding tiny details on the landing gear and fuselage nobody really cares about? 

To me that looks more like a form of ignorance, only adding small details nobody really asked about while thinking it's weird customers would like to see a cabin. I myself don't really care about some tiny sticker on the landing gear while flying at 35.000ft above the middle of nowhere, whereas a cozy cabin view would be nice, + I don't think IRL pilots would. 

Many thanks!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

• Deputy Sheriffs

I would not call this ignorant. Aerosoft always focused on the daily job of the pilot. And the job of a pilot is to do a workaround and check the aircraft outside. So it is nice to see so many details. But it is not his job to walk through the cabin. If this doesnt satisfy you, maybe the Aerosoft A330 is not the right product for you.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6

18 minutes ago, mopperle said:

I would not call this ignorant. Aerosoft always focused on the daily job of the pilot. And the job of a pilot is to do a workaround and check the aircraft outside. So it is nice to see so many details. But it is not his job to walk through the cabin. If this doesnt satisfy you, maybe the Aerosoft A330 is not the right product for you.

💀

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, nonoamg said:

hello the release video the plane on youtube will be available in how long?

Please do not constantly ask for dates. The plane will be ready, when it is ready. No date will be given.

• Upvote 4

• Aerosoft
20 hours ago, Dutch_fsx_Pilot said:

To me that looks more like a form of ignorance,

Ah well, we can't do products everybody likes. But basically the flight crew almost never gets into the cabin (they have no business there) and they do see the gear from very close up when they walk around. As was clear from all our products we simply decided to focus on the job of the pilot. Not the passenger or the maintenance crew. 

I am sure some development company you will not find ignorant that does a A330 with a fully modeled cabin and toilets (the crew do use those!). We have never done in the last two decades and do not intend to change that.

Moderation note. I have removed some downvotes because they were done on a post that simply can't be seen as negative. I warn people who do so. The voting system is intended to show posts that are helpful and posts that simply do not assist in the discussion.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

• Aerosoft
19 hours ago, Benutzer said:

How do they enter the cockpit then?

In an A330 through the front door that is just behind the cabin door, galley and toilets. We do model those to some degree because they are visible when the doors are open. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really looking forward to the A330! Currently flying the FBW A320neo but I also would like to do some heavier flights LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gigachad said:

Summary: "We are Aerosoft. Our opinions matter the most!"

A better summary: We are Aerosoft and we create our products according to what we know a majority of our customers want based on extensive experience and decades of sales data, not according to the demand of a handful of forum users. If our approach doesn't fit your taste, don't purchase said products.

I don't always agree with Aerosoft's positions, but they certainly provide plenty of information on why they do what they do. Informed customers can make informed purchasing decisions.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

I agree with Aerosoft ideas on modelling aircrafts and I'm looking forward to fly this lovely bird. Its right to focus to the cockpit and the outside stuff however, I don't see a modelled cabin is needed as we want to fly the aircraft not to walk around inside the plane. But, I suggest that if you do glassy cabin windows as we can see the seats from outside view when you zoom in that will be ideal I don't think we need more details than that. I dragged an image for depicting my view.   

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Exactly what part of 'work in progress' did you not understand? It seems a very basic concept.

Mathijs,

With all the respect I have for you, I have seen that WIP pictures but I think it's hard to believe that you are going to redo an entire fuselage now that you have presented it.

I'm not talking about details like modeling the interior of the cabin which I fully agree is secondary or simulate the toilet system. I'm just talking about the fuselage quality visible in the previews : this is a lowpoly fuselage and this should no longer exist in 2022. You have done a great work on the BRU airport, this is what i call "pulling the sim up".

But I can also understand that it is a choice to pull the selling price down. However, if this is really not the final rendering, I apologize.

However, the cockpit looking cool.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ahmed2003 said:

I agree with Aerosoft ideas on modelling aircrafts and I'm looking forward to fly this lovely bird. Its right to focus to the cockpit and the outside stuff however, I don't see a modelled cabin is needed as we want to fly the aircraft not to walk around inside the plane. But, I suggest that if you do glassy cabin windows as we can see the seats from outside view when you zoom in that will be ideal I don't think we need more details than that. I dragged an image for depicting my view.   

They plan to use the a parallax effect, so it won't be dark. You'll actually see the seats etc from the outside, but not from the inside.

Basically, a 3d parallax effect is a 2d image that give a sense of depth. IF well done, it can reach the exact same amount of detail / "sense of reality" as a 3d modelled cabin :)

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
15 hours ago, gigachad said:

Summary: "We are Aerosoft. Our opinions matter the most!"

Well, yes. These are our forums (not public forums like Reddit) and this is the forum section where we let people see what projects we are working on. So I think it pretty logical that our opinions  and our ideas on a project matter most. 

But you most likely will not agree to that, let me fix that for you.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3