Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, JasonmCork said:

On reflection, are Aerosoft a bit hesitant on cargo aircraft?

Correct. The commercial market for those is simply a lot smaller and adding any new type creates a ton of work. It is also very very hard to get the data we need. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Anne, who is involved with the external model, just send these images.  At 21:30 so I told her to get a life. Now I need to get a life myself.

Please login to display this image.

Looking spectacular! Both the interior flight deck images and the exterior coming along wonderfully! Thanks for the update 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 minutes ago, Haohzh said:

How is the wing Flex working?

Realistic wingflex is extremly complex matter. you need tons of data like described here:

And even if you get all this data, which is very unlikely, it is a question whether it is worth the effort, just to gt some kind of "immersion" (i hate this word meanwhile ;) ).

• Like 1

Will the aircraft be dumbed down graphically for XBox release like the Twin Otter was? Graphically, the Twin Otter cockpit was simplified with basic textures and material effects, making it one of the less appealing cockpits of "tier 1" third party developers, despite the forum marketing pre-release that was focused on Aerosoft's mastery of MSFS techniques.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, eag_a said:

Will the aircraft be dumbed down graphically for XBox release like the Twin Otter was? Graphically, the Twin Otter cockpit was simplified with basic textures and material effects, making it one of the less appealing cockpits of "tier 1" third party developers, despite the forum marketing pre-release that was focused on Aerosoft's mastery of MSFS techniques.

I do not know why you think that, the modeling and texturing were absolutely not dumbed down, was simple not needed. Nor will the A330 be. Both are optimized for Xbox use though, meaning they are fully done with MSFS technology. So not 8K textures but 2K with decals ending up with detail.

I hope the wing flex aka deflection will be greater than what we are accustomed to in P3D

Prepar3D

Real Life : 

current animation in the P3D version is just too rigid. Hope MSFS version will rectify this issue. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

ery funny to see how the next hype will be triggered. You can tell right away that the sim pilots are so manipulable. laughable. First the hype PMDG then Fenix and now a330. lol

• Like 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, VP-BLX said:

current animation in the P3D version is just too rigid. Hope MSFS version will rectify this issue. Thanks.

Wingflex will look like this. I f you dont like it, dont buy it. ;)

Please login to view this video.

• Like 10

I really like the details on the plane the slightly dirty effect on the plane and the details like the michelin writing on the tires it looks great I can't wait to have the plane

• Like 3

Instant buy!!! :) 

Do you need testers for the A330? 

RW Air Traffic Controller and ICAO Instrument procedure designer acc. ICAO DOC 8168 VOL II 

• Thanks 1