Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

Hello. I'm so excited for the A330 from you guys in the msfs on the xbox and the pc. But I have a question: When will the Twin Otter be coming to Xbox? Are there still complications with Microsoft? I would also like to fly the Twin Otter on Xbox.

Kind regards 

Anatol.

xbox Series s and Pc

And one more question: Will the A330 be optimized to run smooth and playable on the Xbox series S? I would appreciate an answer. Thank you and we all hope that the A330 will come in the next few months.

Anatol from EDDB

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, Pilotpro1000 said:

When will the Twin Otter be coming to Xbox

I wish I could give you an answer. we simply do not know and if out of our hands the moment it has been offered to Microsoft. Believe me, we really want it on Xbox as we actually optimized it as much as possible for that platform. It should sell very well.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Pilotpro1000 said:

And one more question: Will the A330 be optimized to run smooth and playable on the Xbox series S? I would appreciate an answer. Thank you and we all hope that the A330 will come in the next few months.

Hi Anatol. We are really careful with how the Airbusses are done, so we have good hopes. Using a more complex airliner will never be very easy on Xbox however unless you add a mouse and keyboard.

• Like 1

Thank Mathjis for your answer.

of course i will connect a mouse and keyboard to the xbox... otherwise it would be impossible to fly the a330. 
I’m really exited for the A330.

regards Anatol!

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, flyeer330 said:

Hi Mathies, will be the A330 again self seat aircraft as the P3D version? Or is there any possibility to operate it completely from right seat?

Not sure about that, for sure it will be more usable from the right seat then before, but we will stay very much focused on the left seat until we can implement Connected Flight Deck technology.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 1:05 PM, Pilotpro1000 said:

Hello. I'm so excited for the A330 from you guys in the msfs on the xbox and the pc. But I have a question: When will the Twin Otter be coming to Xbox? Are there still complications with Microsoft? I would also like to fly the Twin Otter on Xbox.

Kind regards 

Anatol.

xbox Series s and Pc

We will probably learn more about the issue preventing the release of certain aircraft (those that are WASM-dependent) on Xbox in the next Q&A. Last Q&A, Jorg explained that they are working on a pontential short-term solution which might come with either SU9 or SU10. 

In any case, hopefully the A330 wil be ready once the WASM issues are fixed. I think the Aerosoft products such as the CRJ and the Twin Otter will sell like crazy given their broad appeal and favorable reputation. I personally cannot wait and will no doubt buy all of their products. 

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, NovemberTangoJuliet said:

In any case, hopefully the A330 wil be ready once the WASM issues are fixed. I think the Aerosoft products such as the CRJ and the Twin Otter will sell like crazy given their broad appeal and favorable reputation.

Yes, the fact the CRJ, Twin Otter (or for that matter the PMDG DC-6 or or even more important Simple Traffic) is not available on Xbox is a bit problematic as should be obvious to everybody. It is a market we had planned for that we cannot use at this moment.  And we get many people every single day asking about it. We see the big demand, but the simple fact is that we simply do not know.  It is not in our hands. I am 100% sure Microsoft sees the same. They assisted us a lot with the CRJ (as we all know), they were super kind with the Twin Otter updates. 

It is just that with a massive project like MSFS, things do not always move as fast as we all like.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Should have some more images this afternoon after the team meeting.

Another question. Since MSFS by default contains NavData which is also being update 4 weekly, will the Aerosoft Airbus makes use of it? Or will it have seperate NavData instead? Personally I hope it will support standard NavData so you don't need another add-ona nd also you can just create your flightplan in the sim without entering the MCDU with all legs.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
43 minutes ago, Er!k said:

Another question. Since MSFS by default contains NavData which is also being update 4 weekly, will the Aerosoft Airbus makes use of it? Or will it have seperate NavData instead? Personally I hope it will support standard NavData so you don't need another add-ona nd also you can just create your flightplan in the sim without entering the MCDU with all legs.

That is our plan, at this moment however we do not have access to that data from C++ code.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Flying_Timm said:

Looks promising. Do you take or part-over all existing systems/features and add more to them or did you start all over again and focus only on the playing-a-a330-level?

Bit of a mix. MSFS does not offer a lot of things that P3D did not offer (in systems etc, in graphics, animations it is a whole new platform) so what we believe is solid code we can re-use. But major parts like the whole ECAMS, navigation etc is totally new.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are the shortcomings of the P3D version of A330 being looked into? Considering that MSFS opens up an array of opportunities, I'd presume to think that this new A330 will expand much more than just the vanilla A330-343. 

• Like 2

Mathijs,

Wiegehts!

You all are producing what is looking to me to be a beautiful aircraft! It will definitely be a Day One buy for me.

Thank you and your team.

David Schitoskey

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Any confirmation yet if the A318/A319/A320/A321 CEO/NEO is next in line after the A330?

A330 is looking great! Keep up the good work and am very excited to expand my MSFS fleet!!

• Like 1