Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

On 12/3/2021 at 6:17 PM, Ritch said:

I'm on the Xbox X so we don't have liveries apart from the ones supplier by CaptainSim and Bredock.

We aren't able to download any.

On 12/4/2021 at 12:07 PM, NovemberTangoJuliet said:

Xbox is the reason. The only way we (Xbox simmers) can obtain a liveriy is through the in-sim marketplace or if it is included with the aircraft. Given that no liveries exist on the marketplace yet for any aircraft (save for a handful bad ones that were added recently) it is really important that these are included with the product. 

For Pc users, I can imagine that some people prefer the liveries that are made by Aerosoft, since these might be better quality? 

Of course i completely forgot about this!!!!

• Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
On 12/4/2021 at 1:07 PM, NovemberTangoJuliet said:

For Pc users, I can imagine that some people prefer the liveries that are made by Aerosoft, since these might be better quality? 

Well, we can use 2K textures and get super high details as we use decals. 3rd party liveries do not have that option and need to be 8K to get close to the same level of detail. And of course that means massive memory use. So much that even if those could be shared on the Xbox platform, they would not work.

But for now do consider the list of liveries as final from our side.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

vor 28 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Well, we can use 2K textures and get super high details as we use decals. 3rd party liveries do not have that option and need to be 8K to get close to the same level of detail. And of course that means massive memory use. So much that even if those could be shared on the Xbox platform, they would not work.

But for now do consider the list of liveries as final from our side.

Mind sharing that list of liveries? 😉

Also I really may need that coffee on those early morning flights😉, maybe even breakfast.... Are those animations coming to the MFS versions too? Thanks, really can't wait to have an Aerosoft airbus in MFS.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you use some of the code of the p3d version for the msfs version? I read in a pmdg forum that they actually test their planes for msfs in p3d first so there must be some kind of possibility to port over, right?

I believe simple port over will have limitations around leveraging new features that MSFS as a platform exposes  for taking things to the next level; caveat being I've only heard it on forums of 3P devs, don't know what they are though.

There are things like responding to wind, temperature, pressure at individual control surface level that may be compromised in a like to like porting. When we make the product interact with sim, initial porting may only help that much - get some sort of a head start instead of starting from scratch.

• Aerosoft
On 12/20/2021 at 8:31 AM, Til1986 said:

Can you use some of the code of the p3d version for the msfs version? I read in a pmdg forum that they actually test their planes for msfs in p3d first so there must be some kind of possibility to port over, right?

We also use P3D as the development tool. But as our Airbus code was pretty old we decided to redo nearly all in a more modern fashion.

• Like 6

@Mathijs Kok Is Aerosoft's team looking into the inclusion of a freighter variant of the A330, once this product has been fully developed, tested and released on MSFS?

I apologise if this has already been indicated on this forum. 

Kind Regards,

4 minutes ago, Hendrik B. said:

Is there an option or hope for A321XLR? That would be incredible

An XLR/LR would be great but as far as I am aware they are currently planning to do the CEO variants. 

• Like 1

• Aerosoft

We are looking for two new advisors to assist our development team.  For this we need pilots or ex pilots (and because we have been bitten by 16 year old airline pilots, we have to ask for some proof). 

Contact me on mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Dear Mathijs,

I hope you’re doing well and that things are getting along with the development of the (beautiful) A330. I have a few questions :)

Do you mind sharing the list of livery’s now?

How many months do you think you’re away until you can start testing the beta?

Last but not least. Can we please see some new pictures of the A330? Since the Twin Otter will be released in 2 days and therefore must be finished ;)

Kind regards :) :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arman Voogd said:

Dear Mathijs,

I hope you’re doing well and that things are getting along with the development of the (beautiful) A330. I have a few questions :)

Do you mind sharing the list of livery’s now?

How many months do you think you’re away until you can start testing the beta?

Last but not least. Can we please see some new pictures of the A330? Since the Twin Otter will be released in 2 days and therefore must be finished ;)

Kind regards :) :) 

Dude, this project is a long way off, in reality.. Q2/Q3