Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

3 hours ago, Brittanix said:

Not if one is flying for Virtual Airlines, which is what I do ;)

Indeed. The rest of us will be happy to pretend. :D 

• Like 2

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, airways1307 said:

Hi, more or less what should be the release times for the A330?

• Like 3

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, airways1307 said:

...months, days?

42 is the answer…if you know „The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy“

The development will take some time. It was already in this topic.

• Like 1

I hope the A330 is prioritized over the rest. We already have a decent A320 that is improving rapidly with no signs of slowing down. We need a good long hauler to replace the default (and unflyable) 787 and 747-8i, at least until Qualitywings release their version of the 787.

• Like 3

Mathijs

Would you have any idea at this stage as to whether the 330 may have a throttle calibration tool similar to the CRJ, for those who do not have Airbus-style throttle quadrants.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Transair said:

Mathijs

Would you have any idea at this stage as to whether the 330 may have a throttle calibration tool similar to the CRJ, for those who do not have Airbus-style throttle quadrants.

I can’t imagine it would not since they already have something like it.

Just made an account to say that i'm disappointed that we might miss out on an airbus a320 made by aerosoft.

I hope that their decision is not based on the existence of the fbw mod; that and the asobo a320 do not have a proper vnav function. The community can at any point decide not to work on it anymore and it can stop working.

Very disappointing.

Do not forget to create windows for the aircraft ,

it seems that montage for content makers is creating fake windows to properly output their content,

can these windows be created with the aircraft ?

On 5/15/2021 at 10:35 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I can confirm the A330 has priority at this moment. 

Great news! We look forward to the release of your A330. I agree that there is a need for a well-made long-range aircraft: the A330 is ideal! The purchase price will be money well spent!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Good news, but don't make like CS with the screen of the orginal msfs airplanes xD

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Good to hear! I really liked the A330 for P3D and it is a very good complement to the CRJ and TwinOtter. 

Looking forward to them all and more to come in the future from Aerosoft!

• Like 3

Great to see this plane comes to MS. There is plenty of work for you guys. Specially when it comes to simulate flight physics. There is no copy and paste possible. We all need to have some patience here. Till the release we will have to wait and give them time to write the code accordingly. In this timeframe Asobo will also release a bunch of improvements what inhere with code manipulations on their end either. Will anything being further improved for MSFS, like sounds or whatever or will it be more or less a 1:1 port? I have still quiet often issues with a very strange pitching behavior right after getting airborne. I know the trim has to be set properly, but if you a little off, then the bus reacts to intense in order to re pitch the plane. 

If there is shared flight deck, maybe you can implement side stick priority? 

Thanks

Pascal

On 5/15/2021 at 5:35 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Thank you so much!

I'm very happy !

hopefully we'll fly this beauty before christmas

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sgmoore3617 said:

Early 2022 I think.

I'm sure the last Mathijs said was he hopes/has planned one of the airbuses for late 2021, but it's software development so could always change

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe a bit early to ask, but will the Airbus support the MSFS flightplanner? So you do not have to enter the entire route manually? Using NavBlue data?