Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

30 minutes ago, SpeedbirdSimulation said:

Good morning Mathijs, any more updates for us yet, i'm enjoying the FBW teams mod of the 320, but very much looking foward to Aerosoft rendition!

kind regards

A strange statement as currently the A320NX handles navigation better than the CRJ at the moment. No zig zag following the route, ILS hit everytime now, and even auto land. Please don't take this the wrong way, but is the current state at present.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

A strange statement as currently the A320NX handles navigation better than the CRJ at the moment. No zig zag following the route, ILS hit everytime now, and even auto land. Please don't take this the wrong way, but is the current state at present.

not taken the wrong way, as said i enjoy the FBW, but im just looking forward the aerosoft version.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 5:42 AM, Car147 said:

Hmm, I personally have less problem with the FMS of the CRJ than the A32NX .. You cannot compare the ILS of the CRJ and an Airbus ..

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Sébastien Marleau said:

Hmm, I personally have less problem with the FMS of the CRJ than the A32NX .. You cannot compare the ILS of the CRJ and an Airbus ..

I take it your not upto speed with recent developments of the A320NX or it's systems

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
13 minutes ago, Car147 said:

I take it your not upto speed with recent developments of the A320NX or it's systems

Do not get me wrong, we love what the people do with it and have supported them every way possible.

But it remains a NEO model with panels of a CEO IAE.

• Upvote 1

vor 23 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Do not get me wrong, we love what the people do with it and have supported them every way possible.

But it remains a NEO model with panels of a CEO IAE.

You are absolutely right, but it is only a matter of time until that changes.

• Upvote 1

On 4/29/2021 at 11:42 AM, Car147 said:

Can it properly do SIDs, STARs and approaches now? It's been far off the quality of the CRJ FMC up to recently at least, and until the USR and lack of flyable/editable approaches, this statement is a bit weird.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry, all the work done at this moment in on porting C++ code from P3D to MSFS.

Which means a lot of testing will need to happen before adapting to MSFS and building new features to leverage the platforms capabilities - this is a lot of hard work. Taking a wild guess, we may see it by end of this year, on an optimistic note.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pchitkara said:

Taking a wild guess, we may see it by end of this year, on an optimistic note.

Mathijs has already said he's got one planned for released at the end of the year. But that could always change depending what happens.

On 4/29/2021 at 10:42 AM, Car147 said:

Thanks for the childish down vote.... grow up lol

Hi @Mathijs Kok,

Please, the whole community who enjoy long haul need of the A330 fast as possible!

The Aerosoft started with the right foot very well into MSFS releasing the CRJ, now it's time of the A330!

PLEEEAASSE

• Like 4

On 5/3/2021 at 7:54 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry, all the work done at this moment in on porting C++ code from P3D to MSFS.

so this is not from scratch, like the CRJ? 

as im sure i read all code was from scratch, or has the SDK come a little further where porting can take place?

7 hours ago, Rafael Souza said:

Hi @Mathijs Kok,

Please, the whole community who enjoy long haul need of the A330 fast as possible!

The Aerosoft started with the right foot very well into MSFS releasing the CRJ, now it's time of the A330!

PLEEEAASSE

The question is, does a large enough part of the community fly long haul, to justify a possible A330 as the plane to be released first?
This is just my opionion, but I believe the vast majority of flightsim flights are "standard" ones. And again Im only speaking for myself, but I would truly welcome the A319/20/21 before anything else. FBW has improved alot, but its not enough for me to make the switch to MSFS. Im looking forward to Aerosofts A319/320.

• Deputy Sheriffs
36 minutes ago, SpeedbirdSimulation said:

as im sure i read all code was from scratch, or has the SDK come a little further where porting can take place?

The model will be from scratch. The code will not be from scratch. It would take years to rewrite the complete code from scratch. But the port to MSFS does also take some time. It’s not only copy paste.

During this phase and the Alpha/ beta testing will be of course improvements and further bugfixing.

And the same goes for the CRJ if I remember correct.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, SpeedbirdSimulation said:

Some parts are reused, but everything has to be changed.

3 hours ago, Brittanix said:

The question is, does a large enough part of the community fly long haul, to justify a possible A330 as the plane to be released first?

I believe so

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Brittanix said:

does a large enough part of the community fly long haul, to justify a possible A330 as the plane to be released first?

I think the majority prefer short to mid over long hauls, I do like a good long haul (I get more jobs/work done in the cruise ;)) I am desperate for a long hauler in MSFS, so much so I would pay a 500% price increase for it now. Hopefully we see the A330 or another long hauler sooner rather than later

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

vor 10 Stunden , Nicolas AUGUSTE sagte:

I hope aerosoft will be released first A318 and A319 

I think they said first the A320 and a321.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Til1986 said:

I think they said first the A320 and a321.

I think you're right. based off FSX and P3D the A320/A321 came before the A318/A319

• Upvote 1

On 5/6/2021 at 12:56 PM, Brittanix said:

This is just my opionion, but I believe the vast majority of flightsim flights are "standard" ones. And again Im only speaking for myself, but I would truly welcome the A319/20/21 before anything else. FBW has improved alot, but its not enough for me to make the switch to MSFS. Im looking forward to Aerosofts A319/320.

You could fly most A320/A321 routes with an A330 as well. You just have to convince yourself that there's so much passenger traffic it made economic sense. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 5/7/2021 at 5:24 PM, ktomais said:

You could fly most A320/A321 routes with an A330 as well. You just have to convince yourself that there's so much passenger traffic it made economic sense. 

Not if one is flying for Virtual Airlines, which is what I do ;)